• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's being condescending

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
A hypothetical example:

An makes a thread. Then regrets it.

I hope this isn't bannable :/

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I always thought "condescending" had more to do with tone of voice. Maybe I actually do come across as condescending sometimes lol. I usually try to either say things like this in a matter of fact tone, or preferable ask them questions to see if they can come to the same answer themselves.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not unfamiliar with that term... I've been called condescending often, even when I wasn't trying to be, but it's happening less and less as I mature and embrace my Fe.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say xNTJs tend to be more condescending than xNTPs.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In terms of the example shown in the OP, no. I find one-upmanship and putting others down in that manner pretty juvenile.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say xNTJs tend to be more condescending than xNTPs.

In terms of the example shown in the OP, no. I find one-upmanship and putting others down in that manner pretty juvenile.

^I agree with both of those statements.

My apparent condescension stemmed more from my blasé, been-there-done-that kind of mentality. I guess I bashed people without even realizing it, especially when they were excited about some new idea, gadget or location they had visited.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
How can you tell when an ENTP's being condescending?

When his lips are moving! :laugh:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
How can you tell when an ENTP's being condescending?

When his lips are moving! :laugh:

And how can you tell when an IxFP is being insecure?

When his eyes are blinking! :headphne:

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i think this comes from giving unsolicited advice and opinions.. sometimes we see things very clearly and want to point it out to others when it seems as if they are getting muddled.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I can be if i have to explain something and i know that they were simply too lazy to use their brains 2 seconds instead of relying on me.

If people act like children, I'll treat them so

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can be if i have to explain something and i know that they were simply too lazy to use their brains 2 seconds instead of relying on me.

If people act like children, I'll treat them so

Oh yes, this too. Whenever someone comes to me when they could easily just google the damn thing or just think about it for a minute or two, I am intentionally condescending...

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I see it as less condescending and more of the NTP willing to say something which is 1)true or 2) has pragmatic application*; and are willing to sacrifice how they are perceived in the process for what they deem the greater good (i.e. pragmatism for the benefit of those who thy are addressing or otherwise worshiping the truth/logic).

* the twist is this however tends "not" to be pragmatic for the NTP in the vein of (kill the messenger). Often it is best if a more indirect method is used to get the point across or otherwise use a scapegoat or cats paw to achieve ones goals.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Agreed, especially with the first comment.

Although to be fair, if the INFP friend did in fact word it as "I'm making more per hour than you", she likely opened herself up to a bit of stick measuring. I'd almost wager the two are good for each other.

And how can you tell when an IxFP is being insecure?

When his eyes are blinking! :headphne:

:blink:

(Quick edit: Please note the blinking emoticon is part of the joke, ok?)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I'm not unfamiliar with that term... I've been called condescending often, even when I wasn't trying to be, but it's happening less and less as I mature and embrace my Fe.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but at times i dont listen to Fe cuz it conflicts with the want of one-upping the mofo...but that only happens when egos clash and since i have noooooooooooo ego, that like neevver happens

theplacesyoullgo

Based on my experience, I don't think ENTPs are more condescending than any other type. I know one condescending ENTP, but I also know some ones who are certainly not.

If any temperament (yeah, I used the word, sue me) has a propensity to be condescending, I think it's SJs, who do it in such a disgustingly passive aggressive, indirect, smirky way.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
GEE I KNEW IT WOULDN'T BE LONG BEFORE THE ENTPS GET ALL CONDESCENDING ON US. :dont:

:D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been told I am. I thinks it just my tone of voice though. I just say words monotone which people percieve as condescending - and I'm normally oblivious to it. Also because I also don't explain things very indepth cause I don't think I need to untill someone askes at which point I go through it really indepth so I don't need to again and people find the sudden change condescending apparently.