• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's being condescending

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Considering the many obtuse posts you have made, you don't have much room to lecture anyone about theirs.
The stench of your ego is more pungent than a junkyard dog's diarrhea.

My posts are a lot less obtuse when you have the Ne to understand what I'm talking about (which you don't.)

So piss off k?

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Actually I'm not... but I may come off as such. I usually break things down into simpler terms with lots of practical examples, exaggerated out of proportion to ensure my point gets across to whoever I'm talking to. If I know them better, my methods change to suit the individual, if it's to a group, it's wide based and dumbed down.

So yeah... I'm actually *NOT* trying to be condescending AT ALL, but I can see how people who aren't privy to the inner workings of my mind may honestly believe so. As I've begun to realize that I come off this way at times, however, I've started to just forewarn people and let them know that I do think in this manner, so that they don't panic when it occurs. They usually do anyway though. Oh well.

This is very true for me. I think at times some people have a hard time following our train of thought -especially some of the sensors. I know I've gotten many "What the hell are you talking about ?"and "That has nothing to do with the what we're talking about" from people in the past and then once I explain it geometry class QED style they're like "Oh yeah,I never would have thought of that but you're right...".. So now to save time, I usually immediately go for the practical examples and hyperboles. But either way you think about it we're damned : when we make it easier to understand for non NTPs we're pretentious know-it-alls but when we try to communicate to more diverse audience we're condescending assholes :doh:

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.

So you must *rock* at the poker table. :devil:

I can be so bad, I use condescending milk in my coffee....

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It may seem counter-intuitive but being condescending is a passive-aggressive introvert-kinda thing to do.

I can agree with this except for the introvert part, I know plenty of E's who are actively condescending. For the most part I think it comes from truly believing that they are smarter than others and have access to some Truth about life and the universe that no one else has.

That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.
This sounds familiar... I know many NFPs irl and you guys are terrible at reading me unless you know me really well and have spent a lot of time with me. By a lot of time, I mean months and years,not a few hours ;).

We tend to keep our cards close to our chest PLUS we know ourselves pretty well and know which tells we want to project and when. For instance when I first met my INFP boyfriend he would continually misread me and think I was being aggressive or melancholy when I was none of those things. After months of hanging out with me, he's only now able to correctly read me. When you guys are right it's COOL but when you're wrong it's pretty damn funny

Jaguar

My posts are a lot less obtuse when you have the Ne to understand what I'm talking about (which you don't.)

So piss off k?

D=35 Jaguar
D=32 Wonkavision
D=32 Amargith
D=32 CzeCze
D=29 Jock The Motie
D=27 Lady X
D=25 Black Cat

Simulated: "I'm too stupid to figure it out." :laugh:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've noticed that with the explaining of motives thing... so that's a typical indicator of ENTP respect then?

Yes. If I don't care, I don't bother. When I actually make the effort to explain, that's me being respectful.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.

Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK, fess up - whose troll account is this?

lol 19 posts.

I bet it's Jaguar.

D=35 Jaguar
D=32 Wonkavision
D=32 Amargith
D=32 CzeCze
D=29 Jock The Motie
D=27 Lady X
D=25 Black Cat

Simulated: "I'm too stupid to figure it out." :laugh:

I'm touched that there's an ENTP quote in your signature these days.

Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none ;)

We definitely do, and a lot of the time it's very intentional. A weakness of ours, I guess.

sculpting

This sounds familiar... I know many NFPs irl and you guys are terrible at reading me unless you know me really well and have spent a lot of time with me. By a lot of time, I mean months and years,not a few hours ;).

We tend to keep our cards close to our chest PLUS we know ourselves pretty well and know which tells we want to project and when. For instance when I first met my INFP boyfriend he would continually misread me and think I was being aggressive or melancholy when I was none of those things. After months of hanging out with me, he's only now able to correctly read me. When you guys are right it's COOL but when you're wrong it's pretty damn funny

I utterly totally 100% agree with this. I had no idea how much I misunderstood what was going on my entp friends heads till I came here. You guys are utterly beautiful, unique, and amazing, but very different. I can read other TeFi combo folks-ISTJs, INTJs, ENFPs very well. Have few ESFPs to study.

My EXTPs adore me but I look into thier eyes and dont always understand what I am seeing. I mistake it for what I would think/feel.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Yeah but don't tell that to the INFPs. They're still certain that they know precisely how everyone is feeling all the time even when told explicitly that their initial impressions are mistaken.

It actually becomes kind of endearing once you've gotten over how outrageously patronizing it is.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
why are you assuming my post was directed at you? you seem like a nice enough person, but trust me, you are not at the center of my world ;)

anyway it's possible that your dad doesn't push your buttons because he knows you better than some average ENTP off the street and therefore knows which buttons to avoid?

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
To find someone condenscending, is to be condenscending to those that are condenscending. :D
I always find myself wanting to say, "To be critical of me being crtical is being critical of someone for being critical."

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.

Or they just think you're a jerk and go on doing whatever they were doing, so as to protect their ego.

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
I really feel like anyone can be condescending, depending on a person's mood, who she is talking to, and what the topic is. For instance, I have an long-time ENTP friend and I feel like in the past I have been condescending to her at times. I can't actually remember many times I thought she was being condescending to me, but maybe she was and as an INFP I interpret it differently. We're actually experiencing a separation and I've been trying to learn more about ENTPs because I think there has been this part of her that I just don't get, which may be why she got fed up and stopped talking to me. But that's for another thread entirely. :p

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
I think I just got accused of it by someone in this forum. :D

To be honest, I only skimmed this thread up to the third page or so, so don't fret! I will go back and read and see if you deserve to be accused of anything. :p