ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't see any people.
    Me either, just ENTPs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Are you sure your Fi is not being overly sensitive?
    Nope, because regarding these individuals, everyone else they know thinks that about them.

One of these ENTPs in particular is my dad, and everyone who knows the man thinks he talks to everyone like they are stupid. Even when he probably doesn't mean to - he just comes off that way. Default mode is apathetic & condescending, the other modes are pleasant & condescending and irritable & condescending.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ All my negative views of every INFP I know are shared by every person that those individuals know in real life, too. Honest!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't see any people.
    Me either, just ENTPs.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.
    Why do you hate INFPs? You were abused by INFPs as a child, weren't you?

After all, if you don't like me, there's clearly something wrong with you!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Yeu know... I don't think I actually posted whether *I* think I'm condescending or not yet in this thread of all things...

Alright I am.

Actually I'm not... but I may come off as such. I usually break things down into simpler terms with lots of practical examples, exaggerated out of proportion to ensure my point gets across to whoever I'm talking to. If I know them better, my methods change to suit the individual, if it's to a group, it's wide based and dumbed down. I also tend to avoid using my extensive vocabulary (only partially because I can't spell half the words), mostly because if someone has to run for a dictionary, then yeu've already lost their train of thought and now yeu've probably lost their interest, and they've already given up on trying to learn whot yeu were attempting to explain, and all yeu did was make yeurself look pretensious in the process. Great work!

Now, that being said, I do have a bad habit of making bad jokes, puns, and judicious use of sarcasm, though honestly I shouldn't. I'm certain this probably also helps my condescending appearance. And my ego. Like all of them. I had to start getting backups because just one single ego just wasn't enough to hold onto the mass egotistical nature I hold. ...Yeah it's not that bad, but it seems it some days. Anyways.

Another trait that may make me look condescending, and I've been called on several times, though usually 'heartless bitch' or 'arrogant' and several other colourful terms are far more frequently applied. This trait, is that of identifying and correcting problems. If something goes wrong, I identify whot the issue is, verify it's validity with others nearby to make sure I'm correct and not just noting another symptom or unrelated issue, and then I plot a course of action to correct it. The problem is, if something goes wrong, this usually looks like I'm casting blame away from myself "yeu didn't hold onto the rope tightly enough, make sure to get a good grip, or wrap it around yeur arm if yeu have to" often comes off as being heard as "this is all yeur fault, don't screw up again!", which's seriously not whot I mean. I meant just whot I said, this's the issue that occured, this's whot needs to be done to ensure it doesn't occur next time. I think the biggest problem, is that if it was MY fault, it seems kinda silly to tell myself, so I generally just correct my own behaviour without bothering to say it out loud, and have the conversation in my head, so people seem to believe that I'm not judging myself by the same standards I'm holding them to. To be honest, I hold myself to far higher standards than I hold anyone else, so they're technically correct, but not in the way they may think. That being said, this trait has gotten me in trouble many times by people who seriously think it's a condescending attitude, when it's literally just my personal method of problem solving; identify issue, lay out steps to correct issue.

So yeah... I'm actually *NOT* trying to be condescending AT ALL, but I can see how people who aren't privy to the inner workings of my mind may honestly believe so. As I've begun to realize that I come off this way at times, however, I've started to just forewarn people and let them know that I do think in this manner, so that they don't panic when it occurs. They usually do anyway though. Oh well.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    A hypothetical example:

An makes a thread. Then regrets it.

I hope this isn't bannable :/
    Aw, no fun!

Coward! Come back an re-edit your OP!!! *shakes fist*
    ------------

I've only read the first few pages and the last but I'm re-reading the title as an illustration and I amuse myself - "Wanna see ENTPs being condescending? COME ON IN!!!" LOL, okay I'm easily amused.

Regarding the OP question I'd say "clueless" and "indifferent" could be just as or more apt than "condescending" - just look at some of the responses for illustration.

INTPS and ENTPs can be equally and similarly condescending and clueless. Which is maybe why they butt heads? Or when they do butt heads it's fire with fire.

I haven't gotten the same kind of vibe/behavior from XNTJS. In a work context I find INTJs to be true straight shooters and they can be very helpful and easy to work with. EXTJs can be more forceful and bullheaded but I wouldn't call it condescending. It was with XNTPs though I would have to roll my eyes and sigh internally beforehand and tell myself "here we go!"
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Some people think INTPs are condescending, but that's only if you make the effort to bother us. ENTPs actively seek people out to be condescending to.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Some people think INTPs are condescending, but that's only if you make the effort to bother us. ENTPs actively seek people out to be condescending to.
    Woooow, did you figure that one out all by yourself?