• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's being condescending

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So am I condescending now or what ? You write so much I long lost track

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Yes, I can see that, that's why I said I am never offended by ENTPs. However, I think you gotta remember that the tone of voice is still there even if the intention is not to be condesceding: sensitive types (ex. some ISFJs) can perceive that as an insult.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thanks for the condescending clarification, without it I would have died dumb :D

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
My INTP friend is always condescending. One prime example comes to mind.

I needed to take off a laptop LCD screen. I was planning on doing it by myself. INTP friend shows up, insists that he will do it and talked about how he is use to working with computers. I said no at first and told him I can do it later by myself. He keeps on bugging me to let him do it. I allow it just so he can shut up.

He takes out his fancy little tool box and started unscrewing the thing. He then asks me "Don't I unscrew really fast? I do this all the time!" Strange question. I shrug it off thinking it was one of his weird moments.

Then came the really condescending part. He took out all the screws and the screen would not come off. He got confused for a moment and then realized he missed the screws that were covered by these small rubber plugs. The plugs was there to make the laptop more smooth and appealing looking.

He said this to me when he found the plugs "Oh see these plugs! Oh you wouldn't not have figured that out!"

I got pissed!!!! And he had zero clue why and felt I needed to apologize for calling him a compliment digging asshole.

I think NT in general really don't understand how they come across. This is due to their lack of F. The I in this case contributed to it too.

Last edited:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, good job, you figured out that ENTPs are condescending.

Congratulations, champ.

Qre:us

My INTP friend is always condescending. One prime example comes to mind.

I needed to take off a laptop LCD screen. I was planning on doing it by myself. INTP friend shows up, insists that he will do it and talked about how he is use to working with computers. I said no at first and told him I can do it later by myself. He keeps on bugging me to let him do it. I allow it just so he can shut up.

He takes out his fancy little tool box and started unscrewing the thing. He then asks me "Don't I unscrew really fast? I do this all the time!" Strange question. I shrug it off thinking it was one of his weird moments.

Then came the really condescending part. He took out all the screws and the screen would not come off. He got confused for a moment and then realized he missed the screws that were covered by these small rubber plugs. The plugs was there to make the laptop more smooth and appealing looking.

He said this to me when he found the plugs "Oh see these plugs! Oh you wouldn't not have figured that out!"

I got pissed!!!! And he had zero clue why and felt I needed to apologize for calling him a compliment digging asshole.

I think NT in general really don't understand how they come across. This is due to their lack of F. The I in this case contributed to it too.

Pumpkin, he's an asshole who pissed on your sunshine just to see it dim. Don't you let him, sugarplum. Don't you let him. :dont:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're all terrible people!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My first thought reading the thread title was: "No, say it isn't so!"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you sure your Fi is not being overly sensitive?:huh:

Nope, because regarding these individuals, everyone else they know thinks that about them.

One of these ENTPs in particular is my dad, and everyone who knows the man thinks he talks to everyone like they are stupid. Even when he probably doesn't mean to - he just comes off that way. Default mode is apathetic & condescending, the other modes are pleasant & condescending and irritable & condescending.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ All my negative views of every INFP I know are shared by every person that those individuals know in real life, too. Honest!

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.

Why do you hate INFPs? You were abused by INFPs as a child, weren't you?

After all, if you don't like me, there's clearly something wrong with you!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yeu know... I don't think I actually posted whether *I* think I'm condescending or not yet in this thread of all things...

Alright I am.

Actually I'm not... but I may come off as such. I usually break things down into simpler terms with lots of practical examples, exaggerated out of proportion to ensure my point gets across to whoever I'm talking to. If I know them better, my methods change to suit the individual, if it's to a group, it's wide based and dumbed down. I also tend to avoid using my extensive vocabulary (only partially because I can't spell half the words), mostly because if someone has to run for a dictionary, then yeu've already lost their train of thought and now yeu've probably lost their interest, and they've already given up on trying to learn whot yeu were attempting to explain, and all yeu did was make yeurself look pretensious in the process. Great work!

Now, that being said, I do have a bad habit of making bad jokes, puns, and judicious use of sarcasm, though honestly I shouldn't. I'm certain this probably also helps my condescending appearance. And my ego. Like all of them. I had to start getting backups because just one single ego just wasn't enough to hold onto the mass egotistical nature I hold. ...Yeah it's not that bad, but it seems it some days. Anyways.

Another trait that may make me look condescending, and I've been called on several times, though usually 'heartless bitch' or 'arrogant' and several other colourful terms are far more frequently applied. This trait, is that of identifying and correcting problems. If something goes wrong, I identify whot the issue is, verify it's validity with others nearby to make sure I'm correct and not just noting another symptom or unrelated issue, and then I plot a course of action to correct it. The problem is, if something goes wrong, this usually looks like I'm casting blame away from myself "yeu didn't hold onto the rope tightly enough, make sure to get a good grip, or wrap it around yeur arm if yeu have to" often comes off as being heard as "this is all yeur fault, don't screw up again!", which's seriously not whot I mean. I meant just whot I said, this's the issue that occured, this's whot needs to be done to ensure it doesn't occur next time. I think the biggest problem, is that if it was MY fault, it seems kinda silly to tell myself, so I generally just correct my own behaviour without bothering to say it out loud, and have the conversation in my head, so people seem to believe that I'm not judging myself by the same standards I'm holding them to. To be honest, I hold myself to far higher standards than I hold anyone else, so they're technically correct, but not in the way they may think. That being said, this trait has gotten me in trouble many times by people who seriously think it's a condescending attitude, when it's literally just my personal method of problem solving; identify issue, lay out steps to correct issue.

So yeah... I'm actually *NOT* trying to be condescending AT ALL, but I can see how people who aren't privy to the inner workings of my mind may honestly believe so. As I've begun to realize that I come off this way at times, however, I've started to just forewarn people and let them know that I do think in this manner, so that they don't panic when it occurs. They usually do anyway though. Oh well.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
A hypothetical example:

An makes a thread. Then regrets it.

I hope this isn't bannable :/

Aw, no fun!

Coward! Come back an re-edit your OP!!! *shakes fist*
------------

I've only read the first few pages and the last but I'm re-reading the title as an illustration and I amuse myself - "Wanna see ENTPs being condescending? COME ON IN!!!" LOL, okay I'm easily amused.

Regarding the OP question I'd say "clueless" and "indifferent" could be just as or more apt than "condescending" - just look at some of the responses for illustration.

INTPS and ENTPs can be equally and similarly condescending and clueless. Which is maybe why they butt heads? Or when they do butt heads it's fire with fire.

I haven't gotten the same kind of vibe/behavior from XNTJS. In a work context I find INTJs to be true straight shooters and they can be very helpful and easy to work with. EXTJs can be more forceful and bullheaded but I wouldn't call it condescending. It was with XNTPs though I would have to roll my eyes and sigh internally beforehand and tell myself "here we go!"

VagrantFarce

Some people think INTPs are condescending, but that's only if you make the effort to bother us. ENTPs actively seek people out to be condescending to.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people think INTPs are condescending, but that's only if you make the effort to bother us. ENTPs actively seek people out to be condescending to.

Woooow, did you figure that one out all by yourself?