User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    This sounds familiar... I know many NFPs irl and you guys are terrible at reading me unless you know me really well and have spent a lot of time with me. By a lot of time, I mean months and years,not a few hours .

We tend to keep our cards close to our chest PLUS we know ourselves pretty well and know which tells we want to project and when. For instance when I first met my INFP boyfriend he would continually misread me and think I was being aggressive or melancholy when I was none of those things. After months of hanging out with me, he's only now able to correctly read me. When you guys are right it's COOL but when you're wrong it's pretty damn funny
    I utterly totally 100% agree with this. I had no idea how much I misunderstood what was going on my entp friends heads till I came here. You guys are utterly beautiful, unique, and amazing, but very different. I can read other TeFi combo folks-ISTJs, INTJs, ENFPs very well. Have few ESFPs to study.

My EXTPs adore me but I look into thier eyes and dont always understand what I am seeing. I mistake it for what I would think/feel.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Yeah but don't tell that to the INFPs. They're still certain that they know precisely how everyone is feeling all the time even when told explicitly that their initial impressions are mistaken.

It actually becomes kind of endearing once you've gotten over how outrageously patronizing it is.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp

its cuz your face is being condescending.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none
    why are you assuming my post was directed at you? you seem like a nice enough person, but trust me, you are not at the center of my world

anyway it's possible that your dad doesn't push your buttons because he knows you better than some average ENTP off the street and therefore knows which buttons to avoid?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    To find someone condenscending, is to be condenscending to those that are condenscending.
    I always find myself wanting to say, "To be critical of me being crtical is being critical of someone for being critical."
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.
    Or they just think you're a jerk and go on doing whatever they were doing, so as to protect their ego.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

I really feel like anyone can be condescending, depending on a person's mood, who she is talking to, and what the topic is. For instance, I have an long-time ENTP friend and I feel like in the past I have been condescending to her at times. I can't actually remember many times I thought she was being condescending to me, but maybe she was and as an INFP I interpret it differently. We're actually experiencing a separation and I've been trying to learn more about ENTPs because I think there has been this part of her that I just don't get, which may be why she got fed up and stopped talking to me. But that's for another thread entirely. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Hazle Weatherfield View Post
    I really feel like anyone can be condescending
    I think I just got accused of it by someone in this forum.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think I just got accused of it by someone in this forum.
    To be honest, I only skimmed this thread up to the third page or so, so don't fret! I will go back and read and see if you deserve to be accused of anything. :-P