User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 124

  1. #111
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    This sounds familiar... I know many NFPs irl and you guys are terrible at reading me unless you know me really well and have spent a lot of time with me. By a lot of time, I mean months and years,not a few hours .

    We tend to keep our cards close to our chest PLUS we know ourselves pretty well and know which tells we want to project and when. For instance when I first met my INFP boyfriend he would continually misread me and think I was being aggressive or melancholy when I was none of those things. After months of hanging out with me, he's only now able to correctly read me. When you guys are right it's COOL but when you're wrong it's pretty damn funny
    I utterly totally 100% agree with this. I had no idea how much I misunderstood what was going on my entp friends heads till I came here. You guys are utterly beautiful, unique, and amazing, but very different. I can read other TeFi combo folks-ISTJs, INTJs, ENFPs very well. Have few ESFPs to study.

    My EXTPs adore me but I look into thier eyes and dont always understand what I am seeing. I mistake it for what I would think/feel.

  2. #112
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Yeah but don't tell that to the INFPs. They're still certain that they know precisely how everyone is feeling all the time even when told explicitly that their initial impressions are mistaken.

    It actually becomes kind of endearing once you've gotten over how outrageously patronizing it is.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    its cuz your face is being condescending.

  4. #114
    Senior Member SerengetiBetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none
    why are you assuming my post was directed at you? you seem like a nice enough person, but trust me, you are not at the center of my world

    anyway it's possible that your dad doesn't push your buttons because he knows you better than some average ENTP off the street and therefore knows which buttons to avoid?

  5. #115
    Senior Member Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    To find someone condenscending, is to be condenscending to those that are condenscending.
    I always find myself wanting to say, "To be critical of me being crtical is being critical of someone for being critical."
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

  6. #116
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.

  7. #117
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Some people are very much deserving of condescension. However, It motivates them to do better and be smarter, so it's not all bad.
    Or they just think you're a jerk and go on doing whatever they were doing, so as to protect their ego.

  8. #118
    Member Hazle Weatherfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I really feel like anyone can be condescending, depending on a person's mood, who she is talking to, and what the topic is. For instance, I have an long-time ENTP friend and I feel like in the past I have been condescending to her at times. I can't actually remember many times I thought she was being condescending to me, but maybe she was and as an INFP I interpret it differently. We're actually experiencing a separation and I've been trying to learn more about ENTPs because I think there has been this part of her that I just don't get, which may be why she got fed up and stopped talking to me. But that's for another thread entirely. :-P

  9. #119
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazle Weatherfield View Post
    I really feel like anyone can be condescending
    I think I just got accused of it by someone in this forum.

  10. #120
    Member Hazle Weatherfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think I just got accused of it by someone in this forum.
    To be honest, I only skimmed this thread up to the third page or so, so don't fret! I will go back and read and see if you deserve to be accused of anything. :-P

Similar Threads

  1. can ENTP/INTP be mistyped as ESFP?
    By chobus in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 07:05 PM
  2. [ENTP] ENTPs.... do you come across as being romantic in relationships?
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:14 AM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs how do you stop yourselves being assholes
    By CJ99 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP being torn apart and rebuilt to socially fit in?
    By astroidea in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
  5. [ENTP] A few problems being an ENTP has caused
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO