First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Considering the many obtuse posts you have made, you don't have much room to lecture anyone about theirs.
    The stench of your ego is more pungent than a junkyard dog's diarrhea.
    My posts are a lot less obtuse when you have the Ne to understand what I'm talking about (which you don't.)

So piss off k?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Actually I'm not... but I may come off as such. I usually break things down into simpler terms with lots of practical examples, exaggerated out of proportion to ensure my point gets across to whoever I'm talking to. If I know them better, my methods change to suit the individual, if it's to a group, it's wide based and dumbed down.

So yeah... I'm actually *NOT* trying to be condescending AT ALL, but I can see how people who aren't privy to the inner workings of my mind may honestly believe so. As I've begun to realize that I come off this way at times, however, I've started to just forewarn people and let them know that I do think in this manner, so that they don't panic when it occurs. They usually do anyway though. Oh well.
    This is very true for me. I think at times some people have a hard time following our train of thought -especially some of the sensors. I know I've gotten many "What the hell are you talking about ?"and "That has nothing to do with the what we're talking about" from people in the past and then once I explain it geometry class QED style they're like "Oh yeah,I never would have thought of that but you're right...".. So now to save time, I usually immediately go for the practical examples and hyperboles. But either way you think about it we're damned : when we make it easier to understand for non NTPs we're pretentious know-it-alls but when we try to communicate to more diverse audience we're condescending assholes

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.
    So you must *rock* at the poker table.

I can be so bad, I use condescending milk in my coffee....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

It may seem counter-intuitive but being condescending is a passive-aggressive introvert-kinda thing to do.
    I can agree with this except for the introvert part, I know plenty of E's who are actively condescending. For the most part I think it comes from truly believing that they are smarter than others and have access to some Truth about life and the universe that no one else has.

That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.
    This sounds familiar... I know many NFPs irl and you guys are terrible at reading me unless you know me really well and have spent a lot of time with me. By a lot of time, I mean months and years,not a few hours .

We tend to keep our cards close to our chest PLUS we know ourselves pretty well and know which tells we want to project and when. For instance when I first met my INFP boyfriend he would continually misread me and think I was being aggressive or melancholy when I was none of those things. After months of hanging out with me, he's only now able to correctly read me. When you guys are right it's COOL but when you're wrong it's pretty damn funny

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    My posts are a lot less obtuse when you have the Ne to understand what I'm talking about (which you don't.)

So piss off k?
    D=35 Jaguar
    D=32 Wonkavision
    D=32 Amargith
    D=32 CzeCze
    D=29 Jock The Motie
    D=27 Lady X
    D=25 Black Cat

Simulated: "I'm too stupid to figure it out."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

So piss off k?
    Haha, typical ENTP histrionics.

Ni > Ne
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Haha, typical ENTP histrionics.

Ni > Ne
    OK, fess up - whose troll account is this?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've noticed that with the explaining of motives thing... so that's a typical indicator of ENTP respect then?

Yes. If I don't care, I don't bother. When I actually make the effort to explain, that's me being respectful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    My opinion about Fi is people are responsible for their own personal buttons: if your button gets pushed, it's not the fault of the button pusher. It's yours for having the button in the first place.
    Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    OK, fess up - whose troll account is this?
    lol 19 posts.

I bet it's Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    D=35 Jaguar
    D=32 Wonkavision
    D=32 Amargith
    D=32 CzeCze
    D=29 Jock The Motie
    D=27 Lady X
    D=25 Black Cat

Simulated: "I'm too stupid to figure it out."
    I'm touched that there's an ENTP quote in your signature these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, my ENTP dad doesn't push my buttons. I'm pretty indifferent him. My general reaction to ENTPs in real life is indifference, and they generally return it. However, that doesn't mean I don't notice that they come off as condescending. It's an observation, not an emotional reaction I am having. It seems you're inferring emotion where there is none
    We definitely do, and a lot of the time it's very intentional. A weakness of ours, I guess.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?