half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.

rolls eyes...

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Yup, often without even realizing it.

No, you don't, at least not with NTs. You can't read us the way you read everyone else so easily because we deliberately mask our intentions much of the time, and the fact that you think you can is one of the biggest reasons NFPs come off as condescending to us a lot of the time. (Especially because your "reads" tend to involve highly suspect imaginary emotional back stories that have nothing to do with our real reasoning--but we can't tell you that or you just take it as more proof that your read was right. It's really pretty ridiculous.)
    don't forget how exasperating it is when two major things are ignored:

you respect them at least enough to actually take the time to explain (example: this post), and 1. too many times, the respect factor is completely over-looked even though that ingredient is huge and 2. explaining, and knowing why you are, actually points to your understanding yourself...

but, upon hearing how wrong the other has read your thoughts/feelings/motivations/etc., instead of hearing, "oh, i didn't take that into consideration, i'll keep that in mind from now on in order to tweak my system and be right more often", you get instead, "you don't understand your emotions as you rarely use them, but i can see what it is you're feeling even though you can't. if you'd just stop clinging to your stubbornness and realize you're in denial and listen to me, you'd be a healthier person."

then, the other takes what is actually your losing respect for their opinion and thus ending the conversation as it's going nowhere as just more proof that they were right all along. as you've now "shut down".

now, that's what i call condescending.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    rolls eyes...
    yeah, really.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Unfortunately I'll have to disagree here.

We're ludicrously condescending...it's not one of our strong points.

I'm not ludicrously condescending, but I am often condescending with people I dislike. It's not intentional, but it happens.

With people I like, I'm not condescending at all. I wanted to be sure this wasn't just my opinion, so I tried asking some friends who have been honest in answering these questions before, and they agree.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I'm not ludicrously condescending, but I am often condescending with people I dislike. It's not intentional, but it happens.

With people I like, I'm not condescending at all. I wanted to be sure this wasn't just my opinion, so I tried asking some friends who have been honest in answering these questions before, and they agree.
    same here. i can be extremely condescending when the situation warrants it (to be very mean or even to make them laugh for just two examples), but i can also control myself (err, most of the time, that is).
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

This sounds frighteningly familiar.

Maybe online someone can "mask" their intentions from me.

But, irl?!?

Never.

That's my shit, reading people, filtering out intentions from actions and speech, piecing together all the multiple facets of communication and seeing the *real story*.

I'm usually behind the scenes, chillin', waiting around for you to eventually show up.

Naive arrogance. This is why NTPs get annoyed with you. You can't read our minds, so quit trying.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    don't forget how exasperating it is when two major things are ignored:

you respect them at least enough to actually take the time to explain (example: this post), and 1. too many times, the respect factor is completely over-looked even though that ingredient is huge and 2. explaining, and knowing why you are, actually points to your understanding yourself...

but, upon hearing how wrong the other has read your thoughts/feelings/motivations/etc., instead of hearing, "oh, i didn't take that into consideration, i'll keep that in mind from now on in order to tweak my system and be right more often", you get instead, "you don't understand your emotions as you rarely use them, but i can see what it is you're feeling even though you can't. if you'd just stop clinging to your stubbornness and realize you're in denial and listen to me, you'd be a healthier person."

then, the other takes what is actually your losing respect for their opinion and thus ending the conversation as it's going nowhere as just more proof that they were right all along. as you've now "shut down".

now, that's what i call condescending.
    Bolded: This is what I was trying to get at with my previous posts with the respect thing... After having done some more objective observation and prodding your minds a bit I understand you guys a lot more and it's cool (the bolded in the 3rd paragraph is basically what I think). I've noticed that with the explaining of motives thing... so that's a typical indicator of ENTP respect then?

@ the rest of your post.

Also here's a question- do NFPs mostly do this? What you're explaining? I've observed this on this forum, but are there any other types? Just out of curiosity.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

If you said something stupid, though, you'd get skewered like anybody else.
    Considering the many obtuse posts you have made, you don't have much room to lecture anyone about theirs.
    The stench of your ego is more pungent than a junkyard dog's diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Considering the many obtuse posts you have made, you don't have much room to lecture anyone about theirs.
    The stench of your ego is more pungent than a junkyard dog's diarrhea.
    Aww, don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure your shit doesn't smell that bad. It's just watery cuz of no substance.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think INTPs are far more condescending, in general, than ENTPs.

I've never, ever felt that I was being condescended by an ENTP though I cannot recall the countless times I've been talked down to by INTPs.

It may seem counter-intuitive but being condescending is a passive-aggressive introvert-kinda thing to do.
    *sighs audibly, lights up a cigarette, and rolls eyes a bit*

Did you come to that conclusion on your own? Oh gee, congratulations. Your insights are enlightening to us all.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4