7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post

It's just hard, ya know?
    It is hard.

I hear you.

So, I'm just telling myself right now "Stop". I have to.
    I applaud this.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Fuck, I stopped before I even started.

Now that's tough shit. Let me tell ya.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    entp

Sometimes I feel like I push myself out of my comfortable little world in the hopes of successfully becoming more extroverted. It seems like that is the ideal, really.. that life could just be easier if I were able to just function with a little more ease in a more outward direction.

I've been successful, at times, of really pushing myself. In the end, however, I always end up feeling completely displaced from myself, usually over some small switch in my consciousness. I get angry at the world, throw up my hands, search around me quite franticly, looking for something to grasp onto that I actually enjoy.. and end with falling into a heap on the floor.

When I pick myself up, I realize that I'm just never going to make it happen. Why is changing myself in some other direction really that important anyway? When I'm comfortable in myself, as I am, I'm happy. My inner world is a very rich one... why shove it aside in pursuit of something more?

I'm leaving this open ended for a reason..

cuz everything that is human must retrograde if it does not advance.

i dont remember who said that; definitely wasnt me

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Sometimes I feel like I push myself out of my comfortable little world in the hopes of successfully becoming more extroverted. It seems like that is the ideal, really.. that life could just be easier if I were able to just function with a little more ease in a more outward direction.

I've been successful, at times, of really pushing myself. In the end, however, I always end up feeling completely displaced from myself, usually over some small switch in my consciousness. I get angry at the world, throw up my hands, search around me quite franticly, looking for something to grasp onto that I actually enjoy.. and end with falling into a heap on the floor.

When I pick myself up, I realize that I'm just never going to make it happen. Why is changing myself in some other direction really that important anyway? When I'm comfortable in myself, as I am, I'm happy. My inner world is a very rich one... why shove it aside in pursuit of something more?

I'm leaving this open ended for a reason..
    Wow, I always wanted to be introverted, I guess the grass is always greener, cliched but true.

MBTI
    ENTP

Responding to the OP....

MBTI's defintion of extrovert doesn't = the real worlds view of extrovert... You cna be extrovert within MBTI and still be massively introspective.

IMO I think you are pushing yourself way to hard... if you are an introvert (MBTI sense), it requires you to use up more energy to engage with people in a crowd than more otheres - therfore all you will result in is nackering yourself out, and feel socially akward and possibly get frustrated with yourself/dissapointed in yourself.

Doing what you have been doing is likely to overwhelm you. If you want to broaden your socail circles (which I suspect is the subtext), try more one to one situations... not sure if that is internet dating.

I moved out of town a few years ago, to a really communiting town, so it's had been really difficult to meet people, so I started a book club, where actually loads of xNxx have joined... this is in part because there is a web page for our district. Another alternative is internet dating... where you can meet people - maybe going for coffee very quickly so you meet the person even if you don't want to date them.

I'm an E so I'm probably not that useful