• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Enneagram Differences?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
7w8 here and it's very easy for me to slide into ESTP and ENFP because my Se and Fe and pretty highly developed and pretty much equal. Even though those are easy for me to become, ENTP is my default.

Same here. Mine is about 50/50

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENFPs use Fi.
Ok...

regardless of whichever they use I can very easily slip into ENFP territory.

I just realized that I'm still unclear on what the difference between Fi and Fe are... it's very possible that I'm mixing up the two and what I think is Fe is really Fi.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I just realized that I'm still unclear on what the difference between Fi and Fe are... it's very possible that I'm mixing up the two and what I think is Fe is really Fi.
I recommend looking up the definitions if you're having differentiating the two. The proposed definitions here should hold some knowledge useful to you.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
thanks!

ETA: looks like I am mixing them up. I guess that would make my Se = Fi.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
7 seems pretty Ne. so i would suspect entps that aren't enneagram 7 are strong in their 2nd/3rd/4th functions. ??? speak up non-7 entps.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, 7s are more generally Pe. It could be Ne or Se.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Pe dominants.
i thought about that but i wasn't sure.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 6w7, and I keep thinking that I'm an introvert, which might be because I am, or I just have an introverted enneagram, I seriously don't know. An ENTP 5 would probably easily be mistaken for an INTP, most of the INTP traits seem to line up with enneagram 5. I think the 5 and 6 ENTPs are less likely to be as assertive too, 5s being the least assertive. The only ENTPs I don't really have a feel for are the 3s, apparently they should have a few more judging traits than the normal ENTPs, they'd probably nearly mistake themselves for ENTJs, I think substitute might be a 3, I can't remember, Entropie and CJ are 3s too... well, probably. I think the 3s are kind of rarer.

I'm a 3w2...What can I answer for you?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You mean me right, BlahBlahBlah? I am a four wing 5.

7's integrate into 5, so when you are "positive" and going through "personal growth" you will take on some 5 traits as a 7. That doesn't make you 7w5. That just means you're a healthy 7. This can also skew your test scores, like a healthy 8 will probably take on some 2 traits and score a good bit 2 on the test, etc.

I've noticed that you NPs try to twist these systems of personality, like MBTI and enneagram, without even actually having read everything about it. Jesus, read the material before coming to a conclusion. If you people read everything about enneagram you'd realize how everything fits together.

There are no ENTP enneagram 8s. Trust me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
trust is underrated !

Striped_8_ball.jpg

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 3w2...What can I answer for you?

Excellent :D, I have many seemingly random questions:
1. do you ever envision yourself as a professional?
2. do you ever feel ashamed in any way?
3. how assertive are you in general, 7s are usually motivated by what they want (it's that they often feel that they're missing out I think), I can see how that type would be assertive, but not 3s
4. Would the description of 'iron fist, with a velvet glove' fit you at all?
5. are you more serious, or cheerful?
6. What are you like when you learn? organize things? (a party or get together for example)

I just worked out the motivation of the 3 though, and it all fell into place. The type actually makes sense now. I was thinking before that 3 was just some completely random type thrown into the enneagram for no good reason because the traits seemed peculiar. 3s just want to be worth something, because when they feel unworthy, they feel ashamed. It seems every time I post here and ask questions, I end up working it out. I've probably confused a few 3s for 7s too.

Chloe

I'm a 7. If I'm taking the wing thing seriously (I'm not), I'm 7w6. If I'm honest, I'm 7w3.

this is like i wrote it.
i score 7 (80%) then 3 (78%) then 6.. so i guess 7w6w3 :D

but 6w7 actually makes point, theoretically, because 6 slide into 3 while stressed, so it's possible for 6 to have big result on 3, so i could be 6w7 and w3, ... or maybe 3. hmmm

And what would be the difference between, for example, an ENTP 7w6 and an ENFP 7w6?

i'm ENFP 7w6, i'm emo crybaby, you're not ( i hope ) :smile:

King of Despair said:
I just worked out the motivation of the 3 though, and it all fell into place. The type actually makes sense now. I was thinking before that 3 was just some completely random type thrown into the enneagram for no good reason because the traits seemed peculiar. 3s just want to be worth something, because when they feel unworthy, they feel ashamed. It seems every time I post here and ask questions, I end up working it out. I've probably confused a few 3s for 7s too.

hm I wonder is this (bolded) the case with me, can you explain the difference?

anyway, Enneagram 3 and 7s are the most extraverted types.. so it's often that Introverts who are either 3 or 7 confuse themself for Es... also common mistake. if someone who is Enneagram 3 or 7 scores borderline on E/I he it's v likely he's an introvert

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My test gave me a 7 as well.
The next two were 9 and 5 which are tied.

I have a bad cold and my head is hurting.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been doing research on 7w6, and it's unmistakable that this is what I am (with a sexual variant).

I'm conflicted about this. :unsure: It sounds so vulnerable and difficult.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been doing research on 7w6, and it's unmistakable that this is what I am (with a sexual variant).

I'm conflicted about this. :unsure: It sounds so vulnerable and difficult.

no, it's a really good type. if anything you just get over-extended and at times need help grounding yourself, taking time and more time to find out what is important to you, relating personally and understanding what you will privilege and prioritize and coming to terms with what is really worth your time energy and attention.

6 wing gives you an advantage over 8 wings at working out the nuances of the self. it gives you a life-long opportunity to spend time working on your own inner security and strength, which is a great thing to provide comfort and confidence to others. foundational/stability. 8 wings are far more aggressive and resistant to allowing the vulnerabilities of others to get in the way, far less compromising.

my three favorite enneagram types are 5w4 (me! sx/sp), 4w5, and 7w6. probably 9w1 and 4w3 next. actually 4w3 is pretty fucking complimentary too , when in entp form. 6w7 and 6w5 are also good for me. 5 likes 7 contagious enthusiasm. 4 likes 6 security. the enneagram is jam-packed with relationships, and this requires more research.

8 wings just take whatever they want (in whatever way they have to to get what they want), 6 wings are far more anxious and worried so they are usually much more hesitant and more self error-checking. i find enp 7w6 to have the most social range of any type. they just get nearly everyone, the weaknesses and the strengths. the ultimate "get-things-going" people, everyone just starts to crowd around them bc it feels so good to be appreciated and recognized. sometimes they get stuck with people who, tho, don't have enough to offer them back in return.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is like i wrote it.
i score 7 (80%) then 3 (78%) then 6.. so i guess 7w6w3 :D

but 6w7 actually makes point, theoretically, because 6 slide into 3 while stressed, so it's possible for 6 to have big result on 3, so i could be 6w7 and w3, ... or maybe 3. hmmm

i'm ENFP 7w6, i'm emo crybaby, you're not ( i hope ) :smile:

hm I wonder is this (bolded) the case with me, can you explain the difference?

anyway, Enneagram 3 and 7s are the most extraverted types.. so it's often that Introverts who are either 3 or 7 confuse themself for Es... also common mistake. if someone who is Enneagram 3 or 7 scores borderline on E/I he it's v likely he's an introvert

3s are more likely to seek people, and do things like show off. So like a seven, they might take advantage of opportunities, but they consider other people more when they do this (like, they might only be wild and crazy in front of friends in order to impress them). Sevens just don't want to miss out on things, like, if you say that you've read the lord of the rings, you can bet that they're going to at the very least think about reading it too. A three might also be more focused in what they do, they might master jujitsu just to rub it in your face :D. I'm not sure, but I think they also cut corners a little to get to what they desire, which would explain why they are often less than what they seem to be. Sevens do the same thing, but it's because they want to do more (so like, they would read the first chapter of LOTR, then the last and move on). Sevens can be much more outgoing than that of course, they're probably quite likely to be found trying out every single ride at the showgrounds, or traveling to the city just to meet as many new people as possible.

I can see a few of these traits in myself, it's probably why 3 and 7 make so much sense to me. As an example of three, I've always wondered why people didn't want to study on the bus because it always made me feel important, and I chose to be a scientist because everybody made it sound respectable. Also keep in mind that 3s are governed by shame, 7s by anxiety, and their behaviors arise in order to be rid of such things.

Oh yeah, and 6w7s are procrastinators, it's the 9 integration that does it supposedly Chloee. Though often procrastination seems to occur because you feel that you have to do it right, or not do it at all. There were other reasons for it, but I can't remember them. Gotta keep in mind that if you don't try, you fail :D.

It's amazing how much you can deduce about enneagram types by knowing their core motivations... 6 is starting to boggle me now, because I can't see it's motivations properly, which is odd, because they should be pretty clear considering that it's my own type =\. I can see it's traits, but not the whole picture.

So are you 3, 6 or 7 then?

Chloe

hey, thanks for explaining... :)
well i dont know yet which type i'm... i guess 6w7 is most likely. or 7w6.
about that LOTR example i guess i do more so i dont miss something...but am not sure.
i dont like about enneagram that you need to be only one type, wth :) i mean it never matches so much as mbti, i think