User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

enneagramtriad i think- a pdf. i have seen these kind of conceptualizations all over the place, i have 5 or 6 books but i get frustrated that it is generally not distilled enough to see cleanly. i'd just bounce around and let your intuition go to work.

and yes to everything you said. intj 5 would be perfect for enfp 7w6. 7 enthusiasm sells us when nothing else will. 8s are much more aggressive and they don't like feeling responsible for others. they loathe it and want total freedom to go after whatever they so desire. whereas 6s hesitancy and internal fears creates much more identification with the vulnerabilities of others.

i don't naturally see the 7 as gentleness, it doesn't immediately feel 100% correct like the first 3 do. but with more thoght i might start to see it. the enneagram theory adds so much depth to mb typings, plus it is MUCH MORE significant when understanding subjective experiences/past histories and development. mb is pre-scripted but enneagram explains what and why imbalances occur. it helps triangulate everything very very well.

it also shows how each type is a different psychological project. and it does WONDERS when explaining why we mistype people so often, how a 4w5 can be an infp, an infj, an enfj, an intp, an intj, and sometimes even an enfp or an isfp. they still are all getting at the same problematic, they are just processing it in different ways.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yes, I also really like the different levels of health. They may not be precise but it's useful to watch how you may be changing along those lines at different times of stress/integration.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    8s are much more aggressive and they don't like feeling responsible for others. they loathe it and want total freedom to go after whatever they so desire.
    Given the fact that one actually can call people numbers is true, what would be if the 8s desire would be to be responsible ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Well, as I found out recently, I'm actually a 7w6 (which I have deduced from this.), and I'm either 7 or 9... and being in the head center, I can't be 9. I just thought I had a 7 wing though, I didn't realize that my idealism comes from the actual motivation. I didn't realize that 7s like to plan things, and stuff, it's why they're enthusiasts. My idealism and planning was held back by an enneagram 1 dude, who pretty well served me sweet reality whenever I got all hyped up lol. When I suddenly got pissed off about it all and ditched him, I began to follow out plans that could have worked out well, but they fell short of my expectations, and I suddenly ran away instead of facing all the complications.

I can't remember who it was back on page 5, but your allusions of grandeur might be more 7 like... but it depends on if I understood what you were writing, and if you said exactly what you meant (which is hard to do sometimes, especially with these sort of things)
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'm a 6w7, and I keep thinking that I'm an introvert, which might be because I am, or I just have an introverted enneagram, I seriously don't know. An ENTP 5 would probably easily be mistaken for an INTP, most of the INTP traits seem to line up with enneagram 5. I think the 5 and 6 ENTPs are less likely to be as assertive too, 5s being the least assertive. The only ENTPs I don't really have a feel for are the 3s, apparently they should have a few more judging traits than the normal ENTPs, they'd probably nearly mistake themselves for ENTJs, I think substitute might be a 3, I can't remember, Entropie and CJ are 3s too... well, probably. I think the 3s are kind of rarer.
    I just saw this! I've always though I was a 5 or 7 didn't even know what a 3 was! "Achiever" so I'll take that as a compliment!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default ENTP/INTP

when ive been hesitant its been between INTP/ENTP Im not a "party guy" but any mature person with MBTI knowledge would know extraversion doesnt necessarily mean "extreme unconciouss openness", I do believe most INTPs are mistyped, and ENTPs we tend to be quite introspective sometimes, and we should remember these are personality TYPES not "personalities", it varies, and its not fair to say "who is or not" a type or another just because they dont fit the description perfectly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Dunno what my enneagram type is fo' sure, I relate to 7 and 8 but I'd guess I'm more likely a 5. Do I look drastically different?
    u mean ur an entp ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

If I read an ENFP profile, I don't relate to it at all. If I read an ENTP profile, I relate to most of it, but some parts I'd happily cut and paste over with parts from an INTP profile. Others, with parts from ENTJ.

If I look at the straight 7, it's just not me. Not in any way, shape or form. If I were to concoct a profile for myself from the Enneagram ones, it'd be mostly a mix of 5 and 8, with a few paragraphs from 1 and 7. But then, I've never been able to find profile descriptions for the wing types. I imagine that if I saw 7w8 profile, it might look quite different to 7, and I've a feeling I might relate to it. But not a 7w6.

I can seem F-ish sometimes, but that doesn't make me resemble ENFP at all, because my F is almost exclusively learned Fe. Descriptions of Fi just make my eyes glaze over in incomprehension.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENTP

I eventually got round to taking an online test... it didn't seem to give any wings... but my top 3

5 then 9 then 7

and then SX/SX and the final one... which I can't remember...

For what it is worth, I am an extrovert and always mearued so, sometime to a vast extent... but I am a massively refective person - so maybe have introverted qualiteis.

The uncertainty I expressed before led me to contact my pal, the professional Enneagram and MBTI dude. We both had a free evening, so I'm fresh from being tested to within an inch of my life.

The result: One.

I asked whether that wasn't a bit unusual for an ENTP, and he said on the contrary, with the ENTP being typically a 7 and with 7 being the direction of growth for ones, my testing as both ENTP and 1 suggests to him that I'm doing quite well with the whole growth thing.

So, that's good news
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving