• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do NTJ use evidence more?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
We both obviously use it a lot. I think the difference is that NTJ's will make a conclusion first and then find the evidence, even if we do adjust accordingly after the fact.

kind of like.......................the answer is this, now go find the question :)

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
It was an observation.
You are what you are.

It's that simple.

Well, I'm not sure what I've done lately to earn that title, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I'm not sure what I've done lately to earn that title, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. :D

Don't do that... tell him to buggar off and stop being so judgemental :D:D

Ok if I have an issue with a situation, I will explore several motives for that person behaving in that way - kind of like exploring possible jigsaw peices... I will turn out more and more peices until I find the peice that fits the best, which rings true with my intuition... with people there is never a true answers, but better or worse answer

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If Newton was an INTJ he definitly used induction after the apple fell on his head :D.

There is that neverending discussion, if induction at all is possible. It's like the big box that falls into smaller and smaller and smaller boxes thing or cause and effect. Therefore critics say at some point you have to be deductive to be inductive at all, cause theory or the abstract is nothing you can empirically experience.

Therefore the question remains, does induction exist at all ? Or do we watch to much mystery shows ? :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The difference usually is that the xNTJ requires more evidence to get to the right answer, while the xNTP isn't as precise in getting to the right answer, even if the gist of it has been understood more quickly.

xNTP = accuracy
xNTJ = precision

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I describe things in analogical and mathematical terms.
For instance:

INTP:Grounded in Reality::Conus Geographus, a type of Cone Snail:Harmless

Do you think that is Inductive or Deductive?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I am very much a user of deductive reasoning. I think of everything in terms of if and then. I tend not to make definitive claims about anything; rather, i put things in terms of "if one takes these things as truths, then these things must also be true." The nature of deductive reasoning is not to make any judgement about something else, but to explore the relationships between assumed truths.

I am very much a user of inductive reasoning. Every time I hop out of bed I assume the ground will exert a normal force upon the soles of my feet, thus negating the downward force due to gravity. I never worry about falling through the floor (not breaking the floor, falling through it). I feel this way because every time I have hopped out of bed in the past, it has exerted this normal force. The nature of inductive reasoning is to make judgements about the environment to more efficiently and effectively utilize resources.

This being said, I would challenge any NTJ to match my ability to deductively reason.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
So both ENTJs and INTPs are more inclined to use evidence. GOTCHA.

You have it backwards. Induction relies on evidence. Deduction relies on principles. N-dominants will want to gather more information before making a decision. T-dominants will want to make more judgements based on less information in comparison to N-dominants.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
You have it backwards. Induction relies on evidence. Deduction relies on principles. N-dominants will want to gather more information before making a decision. T-dominants will want to make more judgements based on less information in comparison to N-dominants.

I'd say yes and no. INTPs will work out the logic exhaustively before theorizing. ENTPs will theorize then beat out the details if they get around to it. INTJs will not worry about theorizing, relying on the data and their insights to prove the previously uncertain and fill in the gaps. ENTJs will arrange the existing data into a coherent pattern and determine what the pattern is before coming up with further possibilities.

INTP: "What do we know, what do we know (logical progression)... oh, could this work?"
ENTP: "Well, that's funny, I wonder what happens when we do this... whoa, what happens if we take this to the end? Huh, so that's how that works"
INTJ: "We know that this means this, but what does that mean given what else we know... hmm, let's see what happens when we test for this variable"
ENTJ: "It's clear that these fit together like this... huh, when I do that, it almost seems like... ha! That's what I've been missing!"

redacted

are NTJs more inductive while NTPs are more deductive?

Using evidence is not the same as induction.

I do think NTJs point towards tangible reasons much more than NTPs. But both use tons of induction and deduction.

In fact, the only people that win arguments against me often are TJs (especially my ISTJ friend) because they use tangible things as premises and I tend to use more idealized premises. It's not that my logic is wrong, it's just less applicable to everyday situations.

Induction = N
Deduction = T

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Inductive logic does not exist. It's an affront to the concept of logic at the very core.

Everything that accepts Induction falls into the conundrums of mysticism, which I am not inclined to neglect.