• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Male NT

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
+1 Though the fact that she's synthetic makes me wonder how much of her will (if she has any) is really hers...

The ending where she ripped gendos arm off and rejected him in favor of shinji basicly solidifies that she is an independent human being.

Also to get back on to the topic,

Id say that most of my problems have to do with beig surrounded by sensors and always having to translate N-speak in to S-speak. I remember when I was a really little kid most other kids thought I was stupid because Id allways say such bizzare things.

Another one is that I do have a habit of not really knowing what to do in emotional situations, Socialy I do pretty well but if someone suddenly starts crying I am completely lost as to what Im supposed to do.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ending where she ripped gendos arm off and rejected him in favor of shinji basicly solidifies that she is an independent human being.

I believe I missed that episode...

Id say that most of my problems have to do with beig surrounded by sensors and always having to translate N-speak in to S-speak. I remember when I was a really little kid most other kids thought I was stupid because Id allways say such bizzare things.

Another one is that I do have a habit of not really knowing what to do in emotional situations, Socialy I do pretty well but if someone suddenly starts crying I am completely lost as to what Im supposed to do.

This sounds like the retelling of a friend's childhood. He was my roommate till last month. Both him and his ENTJ friend had some trouble at first and they banded together to become more acceptable. In the end, he became the more appreciated while his friend became more of a less desired tag-along in the eyes of others. Now in his thirties he is still frustrated with most other people, but plods along to get what he wants out of life including fighting his own nature.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?

Most NT men aren't likely to naturally be aware of their misfit status etc etc ... also, isn't a shackled NT more likely to behave more like an SJ? so if you mean to suggest STJ, I don't think its likely to hold true in most or even a majority of instances necessarily, given its a behavioral variant of the expression of that specific person's personality. The difference I have known to exist between myself and ST guys has always been obvious to me as well as those who know me.. even during pre-teen yrs. The presence of T might make the two types appear similar but the S/N difference has explained the divide to me most comprehensively yet.

a couple of examples... Looking for the formula to accept versus questioning formulas is one aspect of the difference I have experienced consistently. Strategy for STs is naturally about operational strategy; And the difference in the views on leadership and management, and the link and relationships between them differ at a fundamental level between the two i.e. STs and NTs

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I disagree. I believe NT's are hyper-aware of how they do (or do not) fit in, but choose to ignore it and pretend to be oblivious and press on regardless.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
I disagree. I believe NT's are hyper-aware of how they do (or do not) fit in, but choose to ignore it and pretend to be oblivious and press on regardless.

or they just dont give a shit about other peoples opinions and see them as just crunchy leaves to step on.

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?

I was at a highschool of about 2,000 people, so there was quite a few groups there. I found that I could get along well with every group I met but I was never closely tied with any of them. I'm rather friendly though; I've seen some INTPs on these boards who are quite abrasive and they would have a completely different experience.

On a similar tangent, the guys I got along best with were male NTs, and I find that this still holds true for the most part. (You know, now that I think back, I can only identify one single NT girl out of all of the girls I knew. There might've been a few others, but the potential NTs were all fairly introverted and/or hung out in small specific social circles, so I could never get a good idea of them. [Uh oh, looks like I'm getting off-topic.])

Not sure how much the size of my high-school factors in. I've heard smaller schools tend to be much worse in terms of clique-ness.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In an academic/work setting where people are forced to evaluate things objectively, im regarded as very smart, very knowledgeable and extremely logical... but almost a fault of being "a know it all". im not an over achiever when it comes to the SJ sense, but i definitely come off that way sometimes.

In one on one "I need to discuss something serious", where people are open to consider where the logic/intuition takes them, i am again seen as insightful and extremely interesting, almost too mature for my age.

In social environments dominated by SPs I am regarded as an idiot because i dont function of SP "gut logic". They dont actually follow the logic as it goes, they will often just hear the 1st premise and the conclusion, and then exclaim i must be wrong (even the STPs simply use "gut logic"). This "gut logic" thing also happens with all of the "cool" issues of being SP. If im bad at beeer pong, video games, basketball, picking up chicks or picking out the coolest (aka shitty hip hop) music, then they all think i am stupid. Yes that is correct. They dont think, "wow he's right, but its just not very cool..." or "hes just one of those people who's a little more fit for verbal intelligence rather than tactile intelligence"...nope. they simply think "damn he must be dumb and useless", because thats what their "gut logic" tells them.

In social environments dominated by SJs I am regarded as inefficient and un-cool. They always conclude its because im dumb, not because i have my own efficiencies or ideas of cool.

I think ENTJs are probably some of the least liked MBTI types. At least the INXXs eventually get have their groups of nerd friends... I make good connections with INXXs, but i always end up too intense and too concerned with societal status markers for them to want me as part of the group.

being a male NT is in some ways i feel, just as hard as it is for girls. Being an NT is NOT acceptable male or female. Everyone is supposed to be SP or SJ. Those types would never admit they need NTs because they think they are smarter than we are.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could never follow the interests of others, most guys would be into cars, trucks, and other mechanics. Or they'd be heavily involved in sports, and get to know each other well because they play together in a team.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Yeah, I did a little bit. It wasn't extremely difficult, but I did have to feign interest in some stuff I didn't care about.

Anyway, I think I am generally sufficiently well-liked among my peers, except those that see me as a bit "too blunt" - that's usually people from school. The key is to find the right kind of people to be with. I don't believe being an NT is bad past, say, 20 years of age - as long as you don't want to reconduct every kind of convo back to NT topics, something that gets old quickly in a social setting (and something I'm personally unwilling to do, even being an NT myself). Obviously this is culture-dependent, in Italy people always try to be inclusive and you have to be a real social misfit to be left out. If you're just a bit weird and smartass, well, it can even be considered as an exotic-attractive trait.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Life is hard for NTs in general, and it is much worse for Female NTs than male ones, because NTs are generally seen as the more 'Masculine' Ns whereas the NFs are more 'Feminine', so as being an N is hard enough, being a DIFFERENT N than is expected is doubley worse. And of course females always have a swifter stream to swim up anyway.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
In social environments dominated by SPs I am regarded as an idiot because i dont function of SP "gut logic". They dont actually follow the logic as it goes, they will often just hear the 1st premise and the conclusion, and then exclaim i must be wrong (even the STPs simply use "gut logic"). This "gut logic" thing also happens with all of the "cool" issues of being SP. If im bad at beeer pong, video games, basketball, picking up chicks or picking out the coolest (aka shitty hip hop) music, then they all think i am stupid. Yes that is correct. They dont think, "wow he's right, but its just not very cool..." or "hes just one of those people who's a little more fit for verbal intelligence rather than tactile intelligence"...nope. they simply think "damn he must be dumb and useless", because thats what their "gut logic" tells them.

Now you've finally said it: SP gut logic. Historically, I have observed that different personalities create intelligence in their own image. For the sensing cleaning lady, you can expound on Tolstoy's War and Peace, and she may hear you out (likely zones out) but assigns no value to your analysis in terms of intelligence. But if you can figure out how to rearrange the dishes in the dishwasher so as to fit more in, well then you're a genius.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is oh so wrong. There's been numerous times I've been called smartass (in a bad way), bitch, the rudest person [I've] ever met, asshole, etc..

and it's even worse if you're even moderately attractive and dress feminine. trust me noone expects to hear something that the snarky, know-it-all, dodgy social skills IT guy at work would say coming out of an the mouth of an attractive,makeup and dress wearing woman. at least those guys don't get called smart ass to their faces..

and NT men are HAWT. I know a few to whom I wouldn't mind teaching contact sports :cheese:
Not very good at expressing yourself the same way as you dress, hmmm?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

In social environments dominated by SJs I am regarded as inefficient and un-cool. They always conclude its because im dumb, not because i have my own efficiencies or ideas of cool.

I remember vividly an experience where I managed to figure our something that no one else got. Without going into details it regard something that a certain group of people did. But even after I managed to convince my whole group of friends who did it one person voiced how much of a "nice person" the guilty party was they all immediately threw my well thought out conclusion in the trash.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not very good at expressing yourself the same way as you dress, hmmm?
that's very possible, but i think i do a fairly good job of verbally expressing myself.

my quote refers more to "judging a book by its cover" than anything else.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tried the whole ST fitting in thing and then gave up. I was terrible at it. So rather than be a shit ST I decided to be a good NT. And its kinda worked cause now while theres still loads of people who dislike me or think I'm too weird theres also loads who love me to bits for it. And I can use my Ne to totally destroy STs in arguements and slagging matches which they just can't cope with!

As to being an NT male. Its hard in that I have a physical awareness of a ghost ie not much! And I always used to be really shy! But the older you get the easier it is. I'm kinda the sociable kool-ish geek now which I love!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That being said, is there anything in particular yeu feel is unique that an NT male has to face that NF/SJ/SP males don't, and that NT females don't? Anything really nasty yeu have to put up with that yeu don't think anyone else would understand?

*holds up two hands and shows a linear size of 15 inch* :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Being an NT male isn't all roses.

I seem to recall it's far to easy to use forceful and aggressive tactics. My mind is too embroiled in something far more complex and delicate to appreciate the whole "hit it harder" thinking which causes distance between myself and other males.

I think that there lies the route for many of the problems. A good example is sitting in McDonalds with a load of males I'd just met at university. They all go "wow" at once and then realise that my head snapped up a fraction too late. Apparently some wonderful looking woman walked right past my eyes... I didn't notice. Too busy thinking. You tell anyone that though and it's as though they take two very careful steps back followed by one of the Benny Hill walks never to be seen again.

Never could understand the fear people have in considering. Why is up up?