• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Male NT

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I wonder if it has to do with parents - NTs with NT parents might learn the proper socialization strategies for their temperament and do just fine, while those with S or F parents struggle trying to fit into a box that just isn't ever going to match them.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I wonder if it has to do with parents - NTs with NT parents might learn the proper socialization strategies for their temperament and do just fine, while those with S or F parents struggle trying to fit into a box that just isn't ever going to match them.

Dad-ISTJ
Mom-ESFx

My dad emphasized working hard, personal responsibility, and the importance of intelligence, things that I think any NT would thrive and developed well under. He is also completely hilarious, and is my hero.

My mom, I quickly realized, I was incredibly different from. We have never seen eye to eye. I'll just leave it at that.

I do find that INTPs, or maybe NTs in general, either succumb to the differences and have some pretty big issues with self worth and things like "why don't I/where do I fit in"...or develop a very thick, stubborn shell and sense of self, with modesty coming along later or not at all.

Or maybe not, who knows.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I told my sister that and she laughed at me! :dry:

Jock, don't believe jen. You are not well-adjusted. You only appear to be. :tongue:

I should have mentioned that you are socially well adjusted compared to other INTPs... I can also totally see why your sis laughed at that, especially if she has no basis for comparison. :smile:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I should have mentioned that you are socially well adjusted compared to other INTPs... I can also totally see why your sis laughed at that, especially if she has no basis for comparison. :smile:

Yes I probably should have told her I was only being compared to the other unfortunate souls that I share a type with. I think she finds me amusing though, she's one of the few that appreciate my quirk! I mean, who doesn't make airplane sounds when driving their car on a winding road?