Thread: The Male NT

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I don't. Via alcohol, yeu just THINK it's 19 inches. Via internet, it IS 19 inches ^.~

At least within the confines of it's restrictive 'reality' of sorts, but I'ves a good imagination
    I guess as long as that sustains you... ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    There have been many occasions in my life where I have been recognized or rewarded for doing something trivial or mundane. Usually some rote, repetitive crap that is absolutely mind numbing. Conversely, some of (what I feel) were my most brilliant moments usually go completely unrecognized. Apparently, most of the world does not crave what makes me tick.
    The number of times I've gotten a pat on the head for solving some problem without even realising that it was a problem or that my solution was anything but off the cuff.

Of course there's far more numerous times when I've spent ages thinking about a solution and come up with something that's, to my mind, perfectly comprehensive only to be told that it's too complex.

Damned non NTs! :steam:
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Of course there's far more numerous times when I've spent ages thinking about a solution and come up with something that's, to my mind, perfectly comprehensive only to be told that it's too complex.

Damned non NTs! :steam:
    I hear you. I've found some solace in softare engineering, where I can craft my complex soultions without the need for others to understand them ... as long as the damned thing runs, that's all they care about. Still, it would be nice for somebody to appreciate the inner workings and exchange ideas with them. I have run into a rare few individuals like that, and usually learned a lot from them ... but they have been few and far between.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Being an NT male usually feels socially limiting more than anything else. Personally, I find that I have a distaste for large gatherings, but only when I can't blend in. Socialization fails as a result of the perennial mistake of speaking my mind. For some reason, people don't want to talk about anything even remotely important, but instead enjoy endless drivel on irrelevant crap.

Lacking the motivation to elaborate on anything right now, I'll say that I enjoy near-celebrity status for my ability to be oblivious to most social interaction, despite apparently being highly regarded as a prospective partner... along with recalling oodles of facts for people stumped on homework problems. These goals end up being mutually exclusive as those of the opposite sex end up intimidated by your intelligence until you decide to let your hair down and act like a cretin for a night (an activity that I find thoroughly deplorable, but occasionally become necessary).

Bottom line: In the end, it's fine because I know I can outperform nearly everybody else at most activities. However, I lack the motivation to do so; settling for second with half the work needed otherwise is sufficient.

Sorry if that wasn't coherent.. I'm about to pass out.
    Dare to reinvent the wheel.. Let's start with a sphere.

[Your witty comment here]
    .._.._.......__.
    ./.|/.|..().|[])
    / /|/||.||.|[])
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I hear you. I've found some solace in softare engineering, where I can craft my complex soultions without the need for others to understand them ... as long as the damned thing runs, that's all they care about. Still, it would be nice for somebody to appreciate the inner workings and exchange ideas with them. I have run into a rare few individuals like that, and usually learned a lot from them ... but they have been few and far between.
    Aye carumba!! After having done a database for work which now runs the company I can definitely sympathise. No one seems to do access anymore. I had to learn from scratch, from books and even now I'm still getting it in the neck if it ever malfunctions!!

We need a new site. Forget facebook... what about programmers book?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    We need a new site. Forget facebook... what about programmers book?
    There you go!
    And you can run it!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

To be perfectly honest...I don't think I've had it rough. At all. In every situation I find important [and many of those I did not], I think I have better tools for the job and the advantage is in my favor because of who I am. My social difficulties, I think, don't prevent me from getting things I want, and really only cause me stress when I force myself in to those situations. Middle school was fine. Had my group of friends, was loved by teachers, didn't take anything seriously. High School was a cakewalk, aside from a bit of difficulty adjusting freshman semester. College is/was great.

Unfortunately, this has led to a slightly overinflated sense of self, despite that I always think I could be doing better with my life.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    To be perfectly honest...I don't think I've had it rough. At all.
    I can totally see that. Knowing you, Jock, I can say you are pretty much one of the only *two* socially well adjusted INTPs I've ever known in real life.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I can totally see that. Knowing you, Jock, I can say you are pretty much one of the only *two* socially well adjusted INTPs I've ever known in real life.
    I told my sister that and she laughed at me!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I told my sister that and she laughed at me!
    Jock, don't believe jen. You are not well-adjusted. You only appear to be.