First 45678 Last

Thread: The Male NT

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Life is hard for NTs in general, and it is much worse for Female NTs than male ones, because NTs are generally seen as the more 'Masculine' Ns whereas the NFs are more 'Feminine', so as being an N is hard enough, being a DIFFERENT N than is expected is doubley worse. And of course females always have a swifter stream to swim up anyway.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

In social environments dominated by SPs I am regarded as an idiot because i dont function of SP "gut logic". They dont actually follow the logic as it goes, they will often just hear the 1st premise and the conclusion, and then exclaim i must be wrong (even the STPs simply use "gut logic"). This "gut logic" thing also happens with all of the "cool" issues of being SP. If im bad at beeer pong, video games, basketball, picking up chicks or picking out the coolest (aka shitty hip hop) music, then they all think i am stupid. Yes that is correct. They dont think, "wow he's right, but its just not very cool..." or "hes just one of those people who's a little more fit for verbal intelligence rather than tactile intelligence"...nope. they simply think "damn he must be dumb and useless", because thats what their "gut logic" tells them.
    Now you've finally said it: SP gut logic. Historically, I have observed that different personalities create intelligence in their own image. For the sensing cleaning lady, you can expound on Tolstoy's War and Peace, and she may hear you out (likely zones out) but assigns no value to your analysis in terms of intelligence. But if you can figure out how to rearrange the dishes in the dishwasher so as to fit more in, well then you're a genius.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    This is oh so wrong. There's been numerous times I've been called smartass (in a bad way), bitch, the rudest person [I've] ever met, asshole, etc..

and it's even worse if you're even moderately attractive and dress feminine. trust me noone expects to hear something that the snarky, know-it-all, dodgy social skills IT guy at work would say coming out of an the mouth of an attractive,makeup and dress wearing woman. at least those guys don't get called smart ass to their faces..

and NT men are HAWT. I know a few to whom I wouldn't mind teaching contact sports
    Not very good at expressing yourself the same way as you dress, hmmm?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

In social environments dominated by SPs I am regarded as an idiot because i dont function of SP "gut logic". They dont actually follow the logic as it goes, they will often just hear the 1st premise and the conclusion, and then exclaim i must be wrong (even the STPs simply use "gut logic"). This "gut logic" thing also happens with all of the "cool" issues of being SP. If im bad at beeer pong, video games, basketball, picking up chicks or picking out the coolest (aka shitty hip hop) music, then they all think i am stupid. Yes that is correct. They dont think, "wow he's right, but its just not very cool..." or "hes just one of those people who's a little more fit for verbal intelligence rather than tactile intelligence"...nope. they simply think "damn he must be dumb and useless", because thats what their "gut logic" tells them.

In social environments dominated by SJs I am regarded as inefficient and un-cool. They always conclude its because im dumb, not because i have my own efficiencies or ideas of cool.

I remember vividly an experience where I managed to figure our something that no one else got. Without going into details it regard something that a certain group of people did. But even after I managed to convince my whole group of friends who did it one person voiced how much of a "nice person" the guilty party was they all immediately threw my well thought out conclusion in the trash.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Not very good at expressing yourself the same way as you dress, hmmm?
    that's very possible, but i think i do a fairly good job of verbally expressing myself.

my quote refers more to "judging a book by its cover" than anything else.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I tried the whole ST fitting in thing and then gave up. I was terrible at it. So rather than be a shit ST I decided to be a good NT. And its kinda worked cause now while theres still loads of people who dislike me or think I'm too weird theres also loads who love me to bits for it. And I can use my Ne to totally destroy STs in arguements and slagging matches which they just can't cope with!

As to being an NT male. Its hard in that I have a physical awareness of a ghost ie not much! And I always used to be really shy! But the older you get the easier it is. I'm kinda the sociable kool-ish geek now which I love!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    That being said, is there anything in particular yeu feel is unique that an NT male has to face that NF/SJ/SP males don't, and that NT females don't? Anything really nasty yeu have to put up with that yeu don't think anyone else would understand?
    *holds up two hands and shows a linear size of 15 inch* (:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    *holds up two hands and shows a linear size of 15 inch* (:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Being an NT male isn't all roses.

I seem to recall it's far to easy to use forceful and aggressive tactics. My mind is too embroiled in something far more complex and delicate to appreciate the whole "hit it harder" thinking which causes distance between myself and other males.

I think that there lies the route for many of the problems. A good example is sitting in McDonalds with a load of males I'd just met at university. They all go "wow" at once and then realise that my head snapped up a fraction too late. Apparently some wonderful looking woman walked right past my eyes... I didn't notice. Too busy thinking. You tell anyone that though and it's as though they take two very careful steps back followed by one of the Benny Hill walks never to be seen again.

Never could understand the fear people have in considering. Why is up up?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    the older you get the easier it is.
    I definitely hope that is true