User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: The Male NT

  1. #41
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    +1 Though the fact that she's synthetic makes me wonder how much of her will (if she has any) is really hers...
    The ending where she ripped gendos arm off and rejected him in favor of shinji basicly solidifies that she is an independent human being.


    Also to get back on to the topic,


    Id say that most of my problems have to do with beig surrounded by sensors and always having to translate N-speak in to S-speak. I remember when I was a really little kid most other kids thought I was stupid because Id allways say such bizzare things.

    Another one is that I do have a habit of not really knowing what to do in emotional situations, Socialy I do pretty well but if someone suddenly starts crying I am completely lost as to what Im supposed to do.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  2. #42
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    The ending where she ripped gendos arm off and rejected him in favor of shinji basicly solidifies that she is an independent human being.
    I believe I missed that episode...

    Id say that most of my problems have to do with beig surrounded by sensors and always having to translate N-speak in to S-speak. I remember when I was a really little kid most other kids thought I was stupid because Id allways say such bizzare things.

    Another one is that I do have a habit of not really knowing what to do in emotional situations, Socialy I do pretty well but if someone suddenly starts crying I am completely lost as to what Im supposed to do.
    This sounds like the retelling of a friend's childhood. He was my roommate till last month. Both him and his ENTJ friend had some trouble at first and they banded together to become more acceptable. In the end, he became the more appreciated while his friend became more of a less desired tag-along in the eyes of others. Now in his thirties he is still frustrated with most other people, but plods along to get what he wants out of life including fighting his own nature.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #43
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?
    Most NT men aren't likely to naturally be aware of their misfit status etc etc ... also, isn't a shackled NT more likely to behave more like an SJ? so if you mean to suggest STJ, I don't think its likely to hold true in most or even a majority of instances necessarily, given its a behavioral variant of the expression of that specific person's personality. The difference I have known to exist between myself and ST guys has always been obvious to me as well as those who know me.. even during pre-teen yrs. The presence of T might make the two types appear similar but the S/N difference has explained the divide to me most comprehensively yet.

    a couple of examples... Looking for the formula to accept versus questioning formulas is one aspect of the difference I have experienced consistently. Strategy for STs is naturally about operational strategy; And the difference in the views on leadership and management, and the link and relationships between them differ at a fundamental level between the two i.e. STs and NTs

  4. #44
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    I disagree. I believe NT's are hyper-aware of how they do (or do not) fit in, but choose to ignore it and pretend to be oblivious and press on regardless.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  5. #45
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I disagree. I believe NT's are hyper-aware of how they do (or do not) fit in, but choose to ignore it and pretend to be oblivious and press on regardless.
    or they just dont give a shit about other peoples opinions and see them as just crunchy leaves to step on.

  6. #46
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    or they just dont give a shit about other peoples opinions and see them as just crunchy leaves to step on.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  7. #47
    Member Ezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?
    I was at a highschool of about 2,000 people, so there was quite a few groups there. I found that I could get along well with every group I met but I was never closely tied with any of them. I'm rather friendly though; I've seen some INTPs on these boards who are quite abrasive and they would have a completely different experience.

    On a similar tangent, the guys I got along best with were male NTs, and I find that this still holds true for the most part. (You know, now that I think back, I can only identify one single NT girl out of all of the girls I knew. There might've been a few others, but the potential NTs were all fairly introverted and/or hung out in small specific social circles, so I could never get a good idea of them. [Uh oh, looks like I'm getting off-topic.])

    Not sure how much the size of my high-school factors in. I've heard smaller schools tend to be much worse in terms of clique-ness.
    //Ti:52|Ne:46.8|Te:36.6|Ni:32.4|Si:21.5|Fi:21.3|Se:20.5|Fe:9.3\\ 5w4 (L4, SX/SP)
    My Game Development Blog - Now With Once Per Month Updates!
    *Checks updating schedule*
    Wait, I lied. Less than once per month updates.

  8. #48
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    In an academic/work setting where people are forced to evaluate things objectively, im regarded as very smart, very knowledgeable and extremely logical... but almost a fault of being "a know it all". im not an over achiever when it comes to the SJ sense, but i definitely come off that way sometimes.

    In one on one "I need to discuss something serious", where people are open to consider where the logic/intuition takes them, i am again seen as insightful and extremely interesting, almost too mature for my age.

    In social environments dominated by SPs I am regarded as an idiot because i dont function of SP "gut logic". They dont actually follow the logic as it goes, they will often just hear the 1st premise and the conclusion, and then exclaim i must be wrong (even the STPs simply use "gut logic"). This "gut logic" thing also happens with all of the "cool" issues of being SP. If im bad at beeer pong, video games, basketball, picking up chicks or picking out the coolest (aka shitty hip hop) music, then they all think i am stupid. Yes that is correct. They dont think, "wow he's right, but its just not very cool..." or "hes just one of those people who's a little more fit for verbal intelligence rather than tactile intelligence"...nope. they simply think "damn he must be dumb and useless", because thats what their "gut logic" tells them.

    In social environments dominated by SJs I am regarded as inefficient and un-cool. They always conclude its because im dumb, not because i have my own efficiencies or ideas of cool.

    I think ENTJs are probably some of the least liked MBTI types. At least the INXXs eventually get have their groups of nerd friends... I make good connections with INXXs, but i always end up too intense and too concerned with societal status markers for them to want me as part of the group.

    being a male NT is in some ways i feel, just as hard as it is for girls. Being an NT is NOT acceptable male or female. Everyone is supposed to be SP or SJ. Those types would never admit they need NTs because they think they are smarter than we are.

  9. #49
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    I could never follow the interests of others, most guys would be into cars, trucks, and other mechanics. Or they'd be heavily involved in sports, and get to know each other well because they play together in a team.
    5 3 9

  10. #50
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    One thing I've wondered is if NT men sometimes masquerade as ST men as a way of fitting in? Especially during the "fit in or be singled out" years of high school?
    Yeah, I did a little bit. It wasn't extremely difficult, but I did have to feign interest in some stuff I didn't care about.

    Anyway, I think I am generally sufficiently well-liked among my peers, except those that see me as a bit "too blunt" - that's usually people from school. The key is to find the right kind of people to be with. I don't believe being an NT is bad past, say, 20 years of age - as long as you don't want to reconduct every kind of convo back to NT topics, something that gets old quickly in a social setting (and something I'm personally unwilling to do, even being an NT myself). Obviously this is culture-dependent, in Italy people always try to be inclusive and you have to be a real social misfit to be left out. If you're just a bit weird and smartass, well, it can even be considered as an exotic-attractive trait.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
  2. Fitness and the Male Body Image
    By WithoutaFace in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
  3. [MBTItm] the morale NT
    By entropie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Which NT is the "Promethean" NT?
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO