Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yeah, instead we get called "icy bitches"

I don't think we're any better off.

Anyway, NT guys rock my socks off for the most part.
    I was just about to say "arrogant bitch" until I noticed your post, Poppy. As a separate thought, whether NT males have it harder or easier than NT females, I think INTJs will always be better off than INTPs.

Plus, they're more organized and I'd say just a bit better socially, too.

Anyway, I am pretty sure NT males have it easier, however arbitrary male-vs-female debates are. Almost every female INTx has, at some point, thought about how much easier her life would be if she had been born male. And when you think about the NT personality characteristics, they tend to be rather gender-specific.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love NT males but notice that life can be rough for them since many do not fit into the stereotypical "masculine" category. But then again, most NT females don't exactly scream "feminine" either.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, I don't think I've had too much real trouble; at the very least, the trouble I've had has always been outweighed by the positives. Yes, when I had to be in the same room with somebody extremely dumb and I just didn't say a word for the whole time people would think I was crazy; otoh they would often come to me for advice in intellectual matters and-or to "figure out" something, which I personally liked.
    I've also always loved sports - as a partecipator, not as a spectator (boring) - so I didn't have problems with that.

Some ST guys are a bit more masculine than me, in the sense of "super-assertive", but I think I'm still quite masculine, above average probably. My opinion is that ENTJs have the easiest time among all the NT males, in terms of social adaptation.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

The world has a place for INTJ poets, ENTP armchair philosophers, and ENTJ dictators.

I'm not sure if there's too much of a spot for INTP good-for-nothings.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Most guys are turned on by icy bitches, but "smartass" males are a huge turnoff.
    Please tell this to all of the guys who think I'm bizarre/overly masculine.

Also, do you think this is about sexual interest? Being thought of as an icy bitch doesn't really gain anyone's favor, male or female.

And anyway, the same could be said for women who dig the "strong, silent type", which applies at the very least to IXTX men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    @poppy: Getting confused between TJ and NT is not good. ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ and ENTJ girls can get called 'icy bitches'. NT girls as a whole though would probably be seen as 'the girls who are hard to get' or 'feminists'.
    Lol. Ok.

Look, I'm not trying to invalidate the difficulties of being an NT male, but I think it's important to recognize the parts that do make it difficult (as many others have been doing), and get rid of this "NT girls have it so easy because [insert ridiculous reasoning here]" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    It's right here, in my heart

"There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    The world has a place for INTJ poets, ENTP armchair philosophers, and ENTJ dictators.

You have Ti, don't you? Who needs external validation?

Anyways, I've always had this small dream of being a mathematician-philosopher. There's never enough of those if you ask me.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP

Although there is not a one-to-one relationship, INTP seems to correlate well with high intelligence. (By that, I mean intelligence in the traditional sense, not in the "multiple intelligences" sense.) I don't know how I inherited my natural intelligence, as nobody on either side of my family is particularly smart, but sometimes I wish I hadn't. It's a blessing and a curse. Education up through high school was a joke. I just understood things well enough that I didn't have to apply myself. As a result, I never learned good study habits or developed any self-discipline. Now, even after a full year of college, my habits have hardly changed. I actually have to put forth effort, but I don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z
    Anyways, I've always had this small dream of being a mathematician-philosopher.
    That's where I'm headed at the moment. Two of the other three INTPs I know in person are also headed in that direction (one to math-philosophy and the other to just philosophy). I guess we just have a natural affinity for that sort of thing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Anyways, I've always had this small dream of being a mathematician-philosopher.
    Now that's hot!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm always the foundation. With anyone who I respect or care about or who looks for leadership from me, I feel obligated to do everything in my power to make sure they're well taken care of. Couple that with being quickly adaptable and virtually never losing my cool and it makes people depend on me, I think. It's an unending responsibility, but I don't think I would ever give it up.

I also tend to be the one who does things from behind the scenes and never really expects or receives recognition for them. Not sure if that's good or bad. I guess, I'm generally the person who tries to make sacrifices and take on the things that an NF would have more problems with. Even when I'm having some emotional difficulty, I try not to show it because I know I need to be the rock for the people around me.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Being thought of as an icy bitch doesn't really gain anyone's favor, male or female.
    Cold and unattainable women = sexy.
    I can see why NT(J) girls are well-liked by the other gender, even if most guys ultimately settle for the easier pray.

And anyway, the same could be said for women who dig the "strong, silent type", which applies at the very least to IXTX men.
    ISTX men, mostly. Few women would percieve say, an INTP as the "strong, silent type".