User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Male NT

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I do enjoy individual athletics ... running, weights, cycling, martial arts ... but team sports just leave me cold.
    Not sure if this is a common trait, but yeah... it's the same for me

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yeah, instead we get called "icy bitches"
    Most guys are turned on by icy bitches, but "smartass" males are a huge turnoff.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    No one looks at the NT female and calls them a smartass or wiseguy
    Smartass, wiseguy. What are you complaining about?

NT males are hot. When they're not busy feeling sorry for themselves.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Not sure if this is a common trait, but yeah... it's the same for me
    It's the opposite for me. I have LOVED team sports with a passion ever since I can remember. So, sports happens to be one of the very few (if not, THE MAIN) ways in which I can connect with other males. Some male friends/acquaintances that I have - sports is the only area of life we connect on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

@katsuni: Not true. Perhaps, feminists would be a better description.

@poppy: Getting confused between TJ and NT is not good. ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ and ENTJ girls can get called 'icy bitches'. NT girls as a whole though would probably be seen as 'the girls who are hard to get' or 'feminists'.

@salt 'n pepper: Insults shall always be insults

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    It's the opposite for me. I have LOVED team sports with a passion ever since I can remember. So, sports happens to be one of the very few (if not, THE MAIN) ways in which I can connect with other males. Some male friends/acquaintances that I have - sports is the only area of life we connect on.
    I do have some male NT friends who also enjoy participating in and watching team sports. The majority do not. However all the SJ and SP males I know seem to thrive on team sports. Sorry, but I don't know any NF males IRL. I've often wondered if this lack of sports love by the NTs I know was just anecdotal on my part, or if there really are more NT males who are similarly inclined.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I do have some male NT friends who also enjoy participating in and watching team sports. The majority do not. However all the SJ and SP males I know seem to thrive on team sports. Sorry, but I don't know any NF males IRL. I've often wondered if this lack of sports love by the NTs I know was just anecdotal on my part, or if there really are more NT males who are similarly inclined.
    Interestingly, as I get older I find myself moving more towards the kind of sports you mentioned earlier. Things like tennis, hiking, and swimming have become big interests of mine - they are solitary (or done with 1 other person), but provide a good intense workout just the same.

I was always fascinated by the strategy involved in sports like baseball, football, and basketball. Even at an early age, I knew all the ins and outs of the game - the rules, what particular moves a manager was likely to make in a given situation, etc. I would notice that even adults in my company would just be watching the game for the entertainment of it (not caring too much about the behind the scenes strategies) while I was more into the strategy of it (which is entertaining in itself for me). I was always good at sports too, which probably helped. If I wasn't good at them, I may have turned away from them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I was always fascinated by the strategy involved in sports like baseball, football, and basketball.
    That's the part I've never understood about myself. Since I have a love of strategy, why don't I enjoy applying it to sports? The few NT friends and acquaintances I have who are into team sports all get into the strategy aspect as well. Fantasy football should be a snap for me ... but alas, it's not to be.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Because they have 'sub-roles to males in society' as you said they have it much easier. No one looks at the NT female and calls them a smartass or wiseguy
    Note: 'wiseguy' is usually used to insult NT males.
    This is oh so wrong. There's been numerous times I've been called smartass (in a bad way), bitch, the rudest person [I've] ever met, asshole, etc..

and it's even worse if you're even moderately attractive and dress feminine. trust me noone expects to hear something that the snarky, know-it-all, dodgy social skills IT guy at work would say coming out of an the mouth of an attractive,makeup and dress wearing woman. at least those guys don't get called smart ass to their faces..

and NT men are HAWT. I know a few to whom I wouldn't mind teaching contact sports

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

NT guys tend to be the kind of people I find easiest to become friends with.

By the way, he term ice queen doesn't apply once they let you in. 'tis hot in that freezer! *happily gets bonked and purrs*

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

For me, being a male NT consists of being regarded as the weird, smart guy that doesn't look at things the way "normal" people do. He questions a lot of things many people think should not be criticized, and he occasionally leaves you wondering how masculine he really is.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?