User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default ENTPs and the novelty value of people

Aw, I have a few mins to waste before I go out again, so here's my topic: (tada!)

I tend to always fall into these behavioral patterns when I meet someone new and truly geniunely like them I will nontheless end up calling them less and less to the point I basically forget to call them back like, ever. I also never seem to miss people. So I do realise it gives me a competitive advantage in terms of not being the average needy guy but that's not what i'm trying to say here.

My point is, I guess, that I still like them, it's just that apparently my liking of people isn't what stimulates me into talking/sharing with them.

And even my oldest friends, whom i absolutly adore deep within generally sort of bore me as it always falls back into the same patterns.

For example my bestest friend's and my main activity together is to fucking walk the dogs for 2 hours while discussing stuff, we never party together, we have totally different circles of friends and acquaintances and we don't do each others birthday parties. Yet we both agree that we're each other's best friends.

I'm thinking about changing that for the sake of remodeling myself not sure in which way i'll go though: I can either just, accept that as my nature and accelerate the process or look for new kinds of interactions and ways to get to know people.

I'll probably try both ways and compartimentalize as it's what i do best.

what about other entps ? Do you guys recognize your own "quests for human bonding" in there ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

seriously, that's just cold!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I tend to always fall into these behavioral patterns when I meet someone new and truly geniunely like them I will nontheless end up calling them less and less to the point I basically forget to call them back like, ever. I also never seem to miss people. So I do realise it gives me a competitive advantage in terms of not being the average needy guy but that's not what i'm trying to say here.

My point is, I guess, that I still like them, it's just that apparently my liking of people isn't what stimulates me into talking/sharing with them.

And even my oldest friends, whom i absolutly adore deep within generally sort of bore me as it always falls back into the same patterns.
    I'm not an ENTP and I have exactly the same "problem". So, I guess you can't claim exclusivity on this one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I just thought it was an interesting issue / opener as far as social animals' motivations for behaviors are concerned. Why do I always have to spell these things out for people

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm not an ENTP and I have exactly the same "problem". So, I guess you can't claim exclusivity on this one.
    try me!

... In theory.

Ahem, me too.
    I try to change it now and then, but I'm not so confident in iniating new things so it takes a looooong while. There's that pesky insecurity that comes lurking from the background.
    Other times I'm simply completely content at being on my own that it doesn't even cross my mind to contact people/ask them out/try something new.
    Then again with me this has nothing to do with novelty or getting bored (assuming that from the title), it's just wishing to deepen the friendship.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Then again with me this has nothing to do with novelty or getting bored (assuming that from the title), it's just wishing to deepen the friendship.
    That's true with me as well. It's like yeah, I've seen this side of you already, now what else you have there? Sort of like trying to peel the layers off people to get connected with them on a more deeper level.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Sort of like trying to peel the layers off people to get connected with them on a more deeper level.
    :horor: I knew you tortured people!

... In theory.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Meh, I just accept it for what it is. I often warn people that I'm neglectful... I don't purposely do it. But sometimes things get so boring. The same people, the same shit. It's tiring. It's probably because we as ENTPs need to find friends who are basically... daredevils. Always doing something new and exciting. I think we can all agree that we hate the routine of things.

I've only had one friend who had me guessing all the time... But she was bipolar and a bit crazy. She tried to push some chick off a cliff.

Yea, best to just be neglectful.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Riva

You are obviously too lazy to pick up the phone and call your friends.
    That is all to it!
    No philosophies behind it.

And one more thing -
    Dumb NTs and NFs try to put everything into theories. I think thats why Ns think too much.

Riva

And Eck i dedicate this song for you and all the other 'NPs' here -

YouTube - X-Press 2 ft. David Byrne - Lazy