User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

mmh nah, i don't agree. (to curzon)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

I tend to always fall into these behavioral patterns when I meet someone new and truly geniunely like them I will nontheless end up calling them less and less to the point I basically forget to call them back like, ever. I also never seem to miss people. So I do realise it gives me a competitive advantage in terms of not being the average needy guy but that's not what i'm trying to say here.
    Yeah, sounds really familiar. It's not so much that I bore of the people I know, it's more that I get distracted because I am busy meeting more new people.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    mmh nah, i don't agree. (to curzon)
    :steam:

you are just lazy to admit it.

Riva

hmm...

And hasn't it ever occurred to you that you must be a bit on the lazy side of town?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    hmm...

And hasn't it ever occurred to you that you must be a bit on the lazy side of town?

You just said we think too much and then you asked this question.

*looks around*

M bored already....

*leaves*

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    You just said we think too much and then you asked this question.
    I am trying to make him confess.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have a extreme tendency to become a random person's BFFL! and then two weeks after never talk to them again even though I still consider them a friend. This also happens with groups, communities, ect... Many of the people I've done this too still consider me a friend (Even if our "friendship" was 2 years ago and only lasted for a month)

I also wonder, my friends are split into catagories. One of my best friend is my idea/advice/talk buddy. I would try to convince her to go along with my schemes, but of course, that never works.
    And then I have a basic talk buddy where our conversation can go on for 5 hours a day. Then my other best friend is my scheme buddy, together we are a "causing chaos and laughter" team.
    That pattern of yours, I agree with. I usually interact with these "friends" for a month or so, before we drift apart. I become involved with a new scene or new people, and then one day we strike it up again and we're back to it. I only consider these guys my "best" friends because I'm able to keep the cycle going the longest(and the cycle itself never gets boring!)

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Meh, I just accept it for what it is. I often warn people that I'm neglectful... I don't purposely do it. But sometimes things get so boring. The same people, the same shit. It's tiring. It's probably because we as ENTPs need to find friends who are basically... daredevils. Always doing something new and exciting. I think we can all agree that we hate the routine of things.
    Dude, get outta my head.

I don't really mind this cycle, I get to be around new "things" and new adventures all the time. Of course, many times I am unaware of the effect on the other person. Maybe that's why I wonder why suddenly they don't talk to me often/only a faint wave of "hello" at school.

I've always been sort of a one person stand.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

I can never hold attachments to people at all, I've always thought it was because I moved around a lot as a child and so I adapted at making new friends and not getting emotionally attached to them so I can leave them without missing them. But I haven't moved in a while and I still have this emotional detachment, I have several friends in my high school all from different cliques and different grades now its weird to see me being "best" friends with someone longer than 2 months, I get too bored and befriend someone else.

People are only interesting when they are useful when they outlive their usefulness I get bored, and when I get bored its "bye-bye" =)
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Ahem, me too.
    I try to change it now and then, but I'm not so confident in iniating new things so it takes a looooong while. There's that pesky insecurity that comes lurking from the background.
    Other times I'm simply completely content at being on my own that it doesn't even cross my mind to contact people/ask them out/try something new.
    Then again with me this has nothing to do with novelty or getting bored (assuming that from the title), it's just wishing to deepen the friendship.
    This.
    Deepening a friendship takes time and energy and (the big one) selflessness. I'm not always all of those things at once .
    Insecurity plays a big part of it with me: not wanting anyone to know too much about me, not wanting to turn someone off because I'm too sentimental, etc. But, like sade said, I forget! about contacting friends and making arrangements. Well, I forget in the sense that I always think of them, but it never occurs to me to actually call them up and do something haha. I'm so happy in la la land that anything outside of that is shifted to number two on the priority list. Pronto.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-21-2009 at 03:50 PM.