• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Do ENTPs Often Lie or Stretch the Truth?

G

Ginkgo

I don't give a damn about looking smart. I care about being creative.

My friend had a complex about being smart. In fact, he would often assert his mental superiority over mine before I would rebut by saying something like "How could you possibly know that? There are too many different fields of intelligence to determine such a thing!"

Of course, he was just jealous because of my superior art abilities. :rolleyes:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My friend had a complex about being smart. In fact, he would often assert his mental superiority over mine before I would rebut by saying something like "How could you possibly know that? There are too many different fields of intelligence to determine such a thing!"

Of course, he was just jealous because of my superior art abilities. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he could have some insecurities.

I don't sit around trying to be the smartest person or to prove it, because I don't care. When I'm doing something that matters to me, I'm trying to find the most creative answer. All my thinking does is help me determine plausibility. If someone tells me that what I did was original, that's far more of a compliment than being told it was smart.

And if I were your friend, I'd try to work with you to increase my chances of coming up with a creative answer.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
still despite all the mambo-jumbo we are so nice and we are friends thing:

I do lie a lot

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Keep in mind that intelligence is primarily measured by the capacity to recognize patterns.

Creativity, is the ability to create patterns where none exist.

Honestly, they're two facets of the same thing.

Note that the primary functions of ENTP are generally... Ti and Ne... hence... generally ENTP maintains both aspects of this in healthy proportion to one another.

And this's why stuff isn't just strange, but it's outright WEIRD sometimes when an ENTP gets ahold of it. But it can be turned into 'accurate' lies as well... because the 'creativity' aspect (the lying) is laced with actual truth (pattern recognition), so essentially they take a pre-existing pattern, and enhance or distort it, rather than try to make it up out of thin air... something 'based on the truth' is more believable and effective.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
:rolli: Yeah, this must be an ENTP-type thing, not a delusional arrogance thing. I mean, an INTJ can't ever be like this:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/fluff-zone/21590-entp-inflation.html

Btw, where do you see ENTPs whining that INTJs don't like them? Or, think that we even would care? News to me. (The "I loooove INTJs" OP thread is sarcasm, maybe you should brush up on yours?)

I don't think that thread was all that serious. More of a rant.

and the I loooove intjs was not sarcasm in my perspective, it seemed kind of serious. why don't you let the op speak for themself on that one.

Qre:us

I don't think that thread was all that serious. More of a rant.

and the I loooove intjs was not sarcasm in my perspective, it seemed kind of serious. why don't you let the op speak for themself on that one.

Wait, wait...so, that INTJ thread wasn't serious, cuz YOU said so, and that ENTP thread is serious cuz YOU said so. And...

You in your initial post in this thread spoke 'on behalf' of ENTPs and how THEY think... :huh:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
But you're speaking on behalf of ENTPs and how you think THEY think... :huh:

I don't get why you think that was sarcasm. maybe you should work on recognizing real sarcasm. If it was sarcasm it means she hates intjs, but clearly it didn't seem to be the case.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
just nod and smile, we gonna stab him when he is not watching :)

Please keep that information to PM's entropie. I know it's unlikely that they're literate, so probably can't read it, but someone may try to warn them.

Then we'd have to hide TWO bodies. And this's just a waste of storage space.

Yeu need to be more efficient if yeu're ever going to get anything done!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Please keep that information to PM's entropie. I know it's unlikely that they're literate, so probably can't read it, but someone may try to warn them.

Then we'd have to hide TWO bodies. And this's just a waste of storage space.

Yeu need to be more efficient if yeu're ever going to get anything done!

:D

Qre:us

I don't get why you think that was sarcasm. maybe you should work on recognizing real sarcasm. If it was sarcasm it means she hates intjs, but clearly it didn't seem to be the case.

:wacko:

The lack of logic in your thinking boggles one's mind, I don't even know where to start. I'd recommend first looking up what sarcasm means.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I will mention it subtile like that next time:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cyDkAcgqI"]xD[/YOUTUBE]

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
:wacko:

The lack of logic in your thinking boggles one's mind, I don't even know where to start. I'd recommend first looking up what sarcasm means.

lol are you serious? I LOVE HOW WELL YOU SHOWED ME HOW SHE WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

There now I showed you what real sarcasm is.

G

Ginkgo

Although, I must say that he is quite intelligent, and he is probably the only one who knows me on a deep level as a result.

He is currently majoring in Biology, and I love to bounce my psychology ideas off of his neurochemistry and evolutionary ideas.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Although, I must say that he is quite intelligent, and he is probably the only one who knows me on a deep level as a result.

He is currently majoring in Biology, and I love to bounce my psychology ideas off of his neurochemistry and evolutionary ideas.

Although he is quite intelligent he is majoring in biology ?

I feel ya !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's exactly what you said, read it again.