• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Do ENTPs Often Lie or Stretch the Truth?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Not to be derogatory, but I'm wondering if "making things up" is a common trait among ENTPs. My best friend is an ENTP, and every time I talk with him, he says something that sounds spectacular. When I was younger and more gullible, I believed him, but now my N functions can see right through it.

I used to be like this, however I've since ended up trying to be very truthful. I still make silly stuff up but I make sure it's obvious I'm not being serious. Yeu can usually tell when mentions of godzilla sneak in.

He will often fight to the death to preserve his little story, so I like to interrogate him about it so he ends up looking like a jackass instead of yelling at me. I often visualize him getting tangled up in his contradictory web of lies. :D

This's the main reason why I stopped though; it's impossible to remember and keep track of a complex web of these things. Stating the TRUTH, means yeu don't have to remember BOTH the truth AND the web of lies.

However... "half truths", where yeu provide accurate information, but leave out key details... yeu only need to remember the truth, and if yeu know that, and work through the same line of reasoning, yeu'll get the same ommission each time, without risking 'lying'.

Has anyone else had these experiences? I really do love this trait about ENTPs because it allows them to be so creative. If you stuck an ENTP and an INFP in the same room, they would generate some of the best ideas ever. Unfortunately, most of them would never come to fruition. ;)

Hardly the case. The only problem is that the NP's just can't be bothered to actually apply it. The idea is to just get someone who can DO stuff with the crap we come up with.

Now, this being said... I do still prefer to be truthful; having a reputation of being accurate but tactful is good to have. I can tell people whot they NEED to hear, but soften it so they don't hate me for saying so normally. If someone asks if the dress makes them look fat... well... if yeu say no, and they get laughed at, they're going to be just as hurt, but now they're hurt by the people laughing, AND that yeu lied to them. Need to be able to state the truth without being TOO blunt about it.

Now if yeu don't mind, I need to go back to devouring the souls of innocents, for I am quite hungry.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I rarely if ever lie, but I do tend to exaggerate... I'm not aware of it though. It's just how I see life.

Not to be derogatory, but I'm wondering if "making things up" is a common trait among ENTPs. My best friend is an ENTP, and every time I talk with him, he says something that sounds spectacular. When I was younger and more gullible, I believed him, but now my N functions can see right through it.

I don't consider making things up a lie... or something that is completely true either.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have forgotten what the truth is and what a lie is

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:D It was a double-edged sword. I loved a rapt
My rationalization: It was a measuring stick for me to evaluate those who were 'too stupid', hence, easily fooled, meaning, they 'deserved' to be lied to for not calling my bluff. Life is not kind to stupidity, so why should I be? I'd rather laugh at them, and amuse myself with their brain cuz they surely weren't making use of it themselves.

Again, ^ when I was a idiotic kid. I've grown up, swear....:jesus:

Btw, in my personal experience, INFPs were my most fave targets. Their cute little daydreaming minds. Ripe for the picking. :newwink:

sounds like the world is a much better place for us not to have been in the same schools .... i was also into minion market research:devil:

and yes it's far easier to remember the truth...

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

He will often fight to the death to preserve his little story, so I like to interrogate him about it so he ends up looking like a jackass instead of yelling at me. I often visualize him getting tangled up in his contradictory web of lies. :D

Has anyone else had these experiences? I really do love this trait about ENTPs because it allows them to be so creative. If you stuck an ENTP and an INFP in the same room, they would generate some of the best ideas ever. Unfortunately, most of them would never come to fruition. ;)

Honestly, and no offence to all you entps, but a lot of the time it is obvious to me that they are busier trying to look smart than actually being smart. And not all entps come across this way but it is a recurring theme, this also might be the reason why I see some entps keep on whining about why intjs don't like them, well I'm being honest here and this is my reason.

I think it has to do with being an extrovert, seems like it has something to do about appearance being important to them or something? I dunno, wutever.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Honestly, and no offence to all you entps, but a lot of the time it is obvious to me that they are busier trying to look smart than actually being smart. And not all entps come across this way but it is a recurring theme, this also might be the reason why I see some entps keep on whining about why intjs don't like them, well I'm being honest here and this is my reason.

I think it has to do with being an extrovert, seems like it has something to do about appearance being important to them or something? I dunno, wutever.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8"].[/YOUTUBE]

Some ENTPs try to come along as smart cause they know they are total dumbasses. This makes absolutely no sense, but try to think about it !

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8"].[/YOUTUBE]

Some ENTPs try to come along as smart cause they know they are total dumbasses. This makes absolutely no sense, but try to think about it !

lol, well entropie you are definitely not the type of entp I was referring to. Don't worry I don't really hold a grudge against entps it's just a pattern I noticed. I actually like your I don't give a damn attitude.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

i this is sometimes more a case of non ENTP people trying to come off as ENTP...extroverted witty intellectual ironic banter seems to be all the rage with the hipsters but it's very obvious when people reach for it and are being pretentious.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol, well entropie you are definitely not the type of entp I was referring to. Don't worry I don't really hold a grudge against entps it's just a pattern I noticed. I actually like your I don't give a damn attitude.

I am sorry but I was referring to your thinking of that there could be some entps who are better than others.

My people abandonned that kind of thinking a long time ago

Qre:us

:rolli: Yeah, this must be an ENTP-type thing, not a delusional arrogance thing. I mean, an INTJ can't ever be like this:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/fluff-zone/21590-entp-inflation.html

Btw, where do you see ENTPs whining that INTJs don't like them? Or, think that we even would care? News to me. (The "I loooove INTJs" OP thread is sarcasm, maybe you should brush up on yours?)

G

Ginkgo

I am sorry but I was referring to your thinking of that there could be some entps who are better than others.

Thank you entropie. I am now going to associate the philosophy of "Not giving a fuck" every time I see Johnie Depp in the tabloids.

Oh wait... That already happens.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

not "better" but different. A difference I prefer though. Or should I treat all entps collectively and forget their individuality?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thank you entropie. I am now going to associate the philosophy of "Not giving a fuck" every time I see Johnie Depp in the tabloids.

Oh wait... That already happens.

dont like you aswell, tho its the first time I do read something from you. But its as they say, first impressions stay forever

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
not "better" but different. A difference I prefer though. Or should I treat all entps collectively and forget their individuality?

We don't actually have individuality, we're actually part of a larger hive mind, which's why we're so much superiour to yeu mere mortals.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Honestly, and no offence to all you entps, but a lot of the time it is obvious to me that they are busier trying to look smart than actually being smart.

I don't give a damn about looking smart. I care about being creative.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hGvQtumNAY"].[/YOUTUBE]