User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Not to be derogatory, but I'm wondering if "making things up" is a common trait among ENTPs. My best friend is an ENTP, and every time I talk with him, he says something that sounds spectacular. When I was younger and more gullible, I believed him, but now my N functions can see right through it.
    I used to be like this, however I've since ended up trying to be very truthful. I still make silly stuff up but I make sure it's obvious I'm not being serious. Yeu can usually tell when mentions of godzilla sneak in.

He will often fight to the death to preserve his little story, so I like to interrogate him about it so he ends up looking like a jackass instead of yelling at me. I often visualize him getting tangled up in his contradictory web of lies.
    This's the main reason why I stopped though; it's impossible to remember and keep track of a complex web of these things. Stating the TRUTH, means yeu don't have to remember BOTH the truth AND the web of lies.

However... "half truths", where yeu provide accurate information, but leave out key details... yeu only need to remember the truth, and if yeu know that, and work through the same line of reasoning, yeu'll get the same ommission each time, without risking 'lying'.

Has anyone else had these experiences? I really do love this trait about ENTPs because it allows them to be so creative. If you stuck an ENTP and an INFP in the same room, they would generate some of the best ideas ever. Unfortunately, most of them would never come to fruition.
    Hardly the case. The only problem is that the NP's just can't be bothered to actually apply it. The idea is to just get someone who can DO stuff with the crap we come up with.

Now, this being said... I do still prefer to be truthful; having a reputation of being accurate but tactful is good to have. I can tell people whot they NEED to hear, but soften it so they don't hate me for saying so normally. If someone asks if the dress makes them look fat... well... if yeu say no, and they get laughed at, they're going to be just as hurt, but now they're hurt by the people laughing, AND that yeu lied to them. Need to be able to state the truth without being TOO blunt about it.

Now if yeu don't mind, I need to go back to devouring the souls of innocents, for I am quite hungry.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I rarely if ever lie, but I do tend to exaggerate... I'm not aware of it though. It's just how I see life.

Not to be derogatory, but I'm wondering if "making things up" is a common trait among ENTPs. My best friend is an ENTP, and every time I talk with him, he says something that sounds spectacular. When I was younger and more gullible, I believed him, but now my N functions can see right through it.
    I don't consider making things up a lie... or something that is completely true either.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have forgotten what the truth is and what a lie is
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have forgotten what the truth is and what a lie is
    Consult me, I won't lead you astray.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Consult me, I won't lead you astray.
    Maybe in ten years

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    It was a double-edged sword. I loved a rapt
    My rationalization: It was a measuring stick for me to evaluate those who were 'too stupid', hence, easily fooled, meaning, they 'deserved' to be lied to for not calling my bluff. Life is not kind to stupidity, so why should I be? I'd rather laugh at them, and amuse myself with their brain cuz they surely weren't making use of it themselves.

Again, ^ when I was a idiotic kid. I've grown up, swear....

Btw, in my personal experience, INFPs were my most fave targets. Their cute little daydreaming minds. Ripe for the picking.
    sounds like the world is a much better place for us not to have been in the same schools .... i was also into minion market research

and yes it's far easier to remember the truth...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

He will often fight to the death to preserve his little story, so I like to interrogate him about it so he ends up looking like a jackass instead of yelling at me. I often visualize him getting tangled up in his contradictory web of lies.

Has anyone else had these experiences? I really do love this trait about ENTPs because it allows them to be so creative. If you stuck an ENTP and an INFP in the same room, they would generate some of the best ideas ever. Unfortunately, most of them would never come to fruition.
    Honestly, and no offence to all you entps, but a lot of the time it is obvious to me that they are busier trying to look smart than actually being smart. And not all entps come across this way but it is a recurring theme, this also might be the reason why I see some entps keep on whining about why intjs don't like them, well I'm being honest here and this is my reason.

I think it has to do with being an extrovert, seems like it has something to do about appearance being important to them or something? I dunno, wutever.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Honestly, and no offence to all you entps, but a lot of the time it is obvious to me that they are busier trying to look smart than actually being smart. And not all entps come across this way but it is a recurring theme, this also might be the reason why I see some entps keep on whining about why intjs don't like them, well I'm being honest here and this is my reason.

I think it has to do with being an extrovert, seems like it has something to do about appearance being important to them or something? I dunno, wutever.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8"].[/YOUTUBE]

Some ENTPs try to come along as smart cause they know they are total dumbasses. This makes absolutely no sense, but try to think about it !

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8"].[/YOUTUBE]

Some ENTPs try to come along as smart cause they know they are total dumbasses. This makes absolutely no sense, but try to think about it !
    lol, well entropie you are definitely not the type of entp I was referring to. Don't worry I don't really hold a grudge against entps it's just a pattern I noticed. I actually like your I don't give a damn attitude.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post

i this is sometimes more a case of non ENTP people trying to come off as ENTP...extroverted witty intellectual ironic banter seems to be all the rage with the hipsters but it's very obvious when people reach for it and are being pretentious.