User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I don't really know where I draw the line exactly. But for one thing, I usually ponder the possible outcomes and the likeliness of each outcome occurring before I take a risk.
    I reckon I could be externally motivated to take more risks if it was made clear to me that I would not be held personally accountable for potential negative outcomes. In my case maybe it would be a good idea to discuss my vision of possible risks and discuss which negative outcomes I am willing to accept responsibility for.
    What type of outcome would put you off... do you think you over state the outcomes...? See more fear than there needs to be in a decision?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, at university I always have trouble when I want to propose a new idea in a paper. It seems like in this case professors either give you the top grade or absolute zero, with 50-50 percentage. And since education is expensive, and repeating exams is expensive, then that's a risk I became quite unwilling to take But I don't know if you wanted a more general exposition
    I'd agree that it would probably not be worth the risk, but then I may also try and find a way to figure out what was the difference between a new idea in a top grade (which is probably supported by a logical argument) and a zero grade (but thats just me)...

So what time of trade off do you make before you take risk?

MBTI
    ENFP

This is one thing I don't need help with... I seem to screw up with ease... I like to think of it as a natural talent!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hahahahaha, finally, normal people
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Guys

Do you think NT's need to get it right stops them taking risks because of fear of screwing up more so than other people? Does this mean they are doing stuff in their lives which they would rather not do?

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't say that the fear of screwing up has kept me doing stuff in my life I would rather not do. But definitely from doing the stuff I would rather do. If things are just okay, I could waffle for decades.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah. I've learnt not to be scared of screwing up. Not in work yet but in my drama stuff. You need to take critisism and push yourself to give your best performance. Its hard but satisfying when you get somewhere.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!