User Tag List

View Poll Results: Can you rmember verbal details of conversations from the past?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP-yes

9 21.95%
  • INTP-yes

7 17.07%
  • INTJ-yes

5 12.20%
  • ENTJ-no

0 0%
  • ENTP-no

8 19.51%
  • INTP-no

7 17.07%
  • INTJ-no

5 12.20%
  • ENTJ-no

0 0%
First 123

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

In my opinion E people are better at doing this, because we're focussed on the outside world and well, words are outside world kind of stuff.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In my opinion E people are better at doing this, because we're focussed on the outside world and well, words are outside world kind of stuff.
    I think so, conversations I process internally immediatly. I don't pay attention to words, but rather the meaning. I really don't care how people say it, as long as I understand it.

But like I said, wordplay or other intruiging sentences and kind I do pay attention to and do remember.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think so, conversations I process internally immediatly. I don't pay attention to words, but rather the meaning. .
    Guys a wee bit off topic, I run a book club, and different people join (and sometimes move on), last year a drama teacher joined us and she said she read whole paragraphs rather than actual word.... last night we had another meeting an a new guy mentioned that his father did the same thing... I'd never come across that before (presumably it's the same as you would read whole words not letters)... do you think this realates to E/I function... I suspect the lass was an ENFP...

MBTI
    INTJ

Word for word no, but I certainly remember the overall theme of a conversation with high accuracy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I tend to remember the idea of the conversation. The reason and the subject. But literal words and sentences? Why would I bother remembering that. Unless it's a really cool constructed sentence, or like a wicked method of wordplay or sorts, then I often do remember.
    This. The first two sentences, anyway.

But I remember words and details pretty clearly too, but randomly. I'll remember insignificant details that don't mean anything in particular, which leaves me wondering why I remembered them. Also, sometimes I will even find after waking up from a dream (especially about that person) I'll recall more details of a conversation than before.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INFP

I mostly forget conversations i had 15 minutes ago, im much more visual then auditory though.