• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Movie Genre

What are your top 5 movie genre's?

• Action

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Adult

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Adventure

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Animation

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Comedy

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Crime

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Disaster

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Documentary

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Drama

• Fantasy

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Horror

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Musical

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Mystery

• Romance

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Short

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sport

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Thriller

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • War

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Western

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

SilentStream

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm quite partial to period films in addition to Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mystery and Comedy.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Y'know, I was wondering how long it would be before someone asked "Hey, where's the Quentin Tarantino choice on the poll?"

I would call that action movie but I'm really not an expert...

When I looked at the poll this morning I thought the NF's had been screwing with it because Romance was the bigged, then I realised I'd miss read the Sci-Fi line, so all was right with the world again... LOL

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Comedy
SciFi
Action
Thriller
Disaster

I also love musicals (being in a few) but I prefer them as theatre than movies. Apart from the RENT movie that was awsome!!! I haven't managed to get the DVD of the live on broadway one. But I know the script anyway cause i'm in it!! or a local production anyway but i'm rambling now...

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would call that action movie but I'm really not an expert...

When I looked at the poll this morning I thought the NF's had been screwing with it because Romance was the bigged, then I realised I'd miss read the Sci-Fi line, so all was right with the world again... LOL

Got to admit though a good quirky rom-com/chick flick can be good.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Got to admit though a good quirky rom-com/chick flick can be good.

Ah do you cry in your pop corn? LOL Sorry it's good to be in touch with your romantic spirits...

What musicals you been in?

I love the theatre but I tend to go in cycles... see loads then not see anything for a good while

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah do you cry in your pop corn? LOL Sorry it's good to be in touch with your romantic spirits...

What musicals you been in?

I love the theatre but I tend to go in cycles... see loads then not see anything for a good while

nah i like the funny akward scenes!

eh played Sky in guys and dolls. In a production of RENT as ensemble i'm the squeegyman! u know "honest living, honest living!" and hopefully gonna get into Footlose! dunno if i'll get a part. I'm also the giant in the panto Jack and the Beanstalk!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
nah i like the funny akward scenes!

eh played Sky in guys and dolls. In a production of RENT as ensemble i'm the squeegyman! u know "honest living, honest living!" and hopefully gonna get into Footlose! dunno if i'll get a part. I'm also the giant in the panto Jack and the Beanstalk!

hey you've done a fair bit... not seen many musicals down here, mainly regular theatre... fair play to you though... thats quiet a CV you a building....

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I really like any film that is of exceptional quality regardless of genre. Like on the typical 5 star rating, I've got films that I consider 5 stars from a variety of genres. Generally I really enjoy watching any film that would rank as 4 stars or higher. However once you get lower than that there are some genres I'd prefer over others. Like I'd be willing to try a comedy that I'd rank between 2-3 stars, but I'd never give a horror film a chance in that range. Anyway here are the genres I picked:

Adventure
Comedy
Fantasy
Musical
Sci-Fi

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd watch all the other genres except Musicals.

Ahh, get it away from me!

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
hey you've done a fair bit... not seen many musicals down here, mainly regular theatre... fair play to you though... thats quiet a CV you a building....

Yeah. And I'm always getting better - I mean that in a non cocky - because I always make mistakes and I try learn from all of them. Its also made me far more E.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah. And I'm always getting better - I mean that in a non cocky - because I always make mistakes and I try learn from all of them. Its also made me far more E.

I can imagine, I did a bit at high school, but it really wasn't for me, I'm not a natural actress...

It's good to do something very different like that, I have a neice who does theatre with some youth group and won some contest (along with some other groups), and got to play the National Theatre on the South Bank... I got to do my proud bit....

It's a bit more interesting than some of the alternatives

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Documentary
Thriller
Sci-fi
Comedy

Pretty much in that order. Recently, I've been having trouble finding comedy films that I find really funny.