User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 159

  1. #41
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    My underlying point that these ENTP's failed to notice is that I created a three dimensional aspect to the term "unintelligent speech", by seperating the INTP's, placing them above the others. (Jokingly, ofcourse. )

    Normally I would not go about explaining my subtleties, because 90% of what I'd write would be explanations if I did and I generally don't care if people catch on to it. I don't even expect people to catch on to my intentions. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #42
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My underlying point that these ENTP's failed to notice is that I created a three dimensional aspect to the term "unintelligent speech", by seperating the INTP's, placing them above the others. (Jokingly, ofcourse. )

    Normally I would not go about explaining my subtleties, because 90% of what I'd write would be explanations if I did and I generally don't care if people catch on to it. I don't even expect people to catch on to my intentions. :P
    well, my point still stands.
    when will you guys realise it that you can't win at that game.

    The consensus definition isn't yours, so the consensus definition wins.. again.

    next...

    "and that's the story of how intp don't realise the value of Ne"
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #43
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

    But don't try and tell that to INTPs--to them we're just the loud flighty inconsistent version of themselves who talks too much. They see the decreased precision created by weaker Ti, but somehow completely miss the vastly improved abstract connectivity allowed by stronger Ne! My INTP friend does recognize that I'm better at certain things than he is, but I find it very difficult to explain them to him because he refuses to accept any explanation that can't be translated directly into Ti terms, which is horribly limiting.
    I'm still trying to get a handle on the various functions. I guess, for me, the most important thing is trying to differentiate between Ne and Ti. I realized recently that typology entailed more than just what someone is interested in, and is more complex.

    Let me give you an example, and hopefully someone can tell me whether this is an instance of using Ti, or of using Ne (or of something else entirely):

    I was reading an article about how they may have discovered a cure for color-blindness (This was something a color-blind ENTP friend posted, actually). The article mentioned that red-green color blindness is carried on the X chromosome. This surprised me, because I knew color-blindness was "a male" thing (I didn't even know females could get color blindness"), which meant that I thought it was on the Y chromosome.

    Therefore, colorblindness might be present in females, but much rarer. For this to be the case, though, it would have to be a recessive gene, since females have two X chromosomes. If it was dominant, color-blindness should be equally common in males and females.

    This would also mean that if a woman who is color-blind has any male children, they must also be color-blind. A color-blind woman, must have the color-blind allele on both of her X chromosomes, because it is recessive. No matter which X chromosome they get from their mother, then, it carries the color-blindness gene, and they lack a second X chormosome to "cancel it out." Therefore, any male children will also be color-blind
    This was something I basically generated from a throwaway comment in the article and knowing a little about biology. What process is this?

  4. #44
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    well, my point still stands.
    when will you guys realise it that you can't win at that game.

    The consensus definition isn't yours, so the consensus definition wins.. again.

    next...

    "and that's the story of how intp don't realise the value of Ne"
    When will you ENTP's realize we're not in it to win. We realize full well that these games can't be won. But it sure is fun to see where it leads. And it's a fun way to measure someones wit as to how far they can take their arguementation.

    Ultimatly, everything can be countered in an equal fashion. And it's a back and forth game. That stops when one or both parties involved get bored. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #45
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    When will you ENTP's realize we're not in it to win. We realize full well that these games can't be won. But it sure is fun to see where it leads. And it's a fun way to measure someones wit as to how far they can take their arguementation.
    you just argued against yourself.
    I could explain why but it's boring.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #46
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtStGabriel View Post
    I'm still trying to get a handle on the various functions. I guess, for me, the most important thing is trying to differentiate between Ne and Ti. I realized recently that typology entailed more than just what someone is interested in, and is more complex.

    Let me give you an example, and hopefully someone can tell me whether this is an instance of using Ti, or of using Ne (or of something else entirely):



    This was something I basically generated from a throwaway comment in the article and knowing a little about biology. What process is this?
    What you describe is Ti. Ti is "introverted thinking". It's what you naturally do when you are alone. Ne, on the other hand, is extroverted intuition. It is what you naturally do when you are with other people. It's the way you talk and interact with people - big ideas, creative ideas, outside the box, often goofy, silly, and playful. This isn't the shy, reserved you - Ne is when you let loose and get into a good discussion and your ideas start to flow. There's obviously much more to Ne than this, but I'm trying to give you a very basic idea so that you'll know and recognize when you are operating within Ne versus Ti.

    Ti = at home, by yourself, researching some great new idea, often in a very intense way - where the time passes and you don't even care. You're so involved in your intense research/learning, that you don't really want any interruptions from the outside world. It's just too much fun or too interesting to be bothered by "other stuff". That's why ENTP's (correctly) try to remind us that Ti, by itself, can be useless. We need to take all of the learning and knowledge acquired by Ti and apply it somehow to the outer world. And that only happens when we effectively engage in Ne. In other words, when we put down the paper and pen, turn off the computer, put the books back on the bookshelf, actually get dressed in something more than a pair of underwear and go outside where the sun shines and with some motivation to make something happen. Much easier said than done for the INTP, but that's the battle we face.

    Beginning to see the difference between Ti and Ne?

  7. #47
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    you just argued against yourself.
    I could explain why but it's boring.
    I lost interest as my mind is focused on a serious matter for now, I full well see what you mean but that's merely because I dropped myself out of this game for now. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #48
    Senior Member SerengetiBetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    This is Ti. Ti is "introverted thinking". It's what you naturally do when you are alone. Ne, on the other hand, is extroverted intuition. It is what you naturally do when you are with other people. It's the way you talk and interact with people - big ideas, creative ideas, outside the box, often goofy, silly, and playful. This isn't the shy, reserved you - Ne is when you let loose and get into a good discussion and your ideas start to flow. There's obviously much more to Ne than this, but I'm trying to give you a very basic idea so that you'll know and recognize when you are operating within Ne versus Ti.

    Ti = at home, by yourself, researching some great new idea, often in a very intense way - where the time passes and you don't even care. You're so involved in your intense research/learning, that you don't really want any interruptions from the outside world. It's just too much fun or too interesting to be bothered by "other stuff". That's why ENTP's (correctly) try to remind us that Ti, by itself, can be useless. We need to take all of the learning and knowledge acquired by Ti and apply it somehow to the outer world. And that only happens when we effectively engage in Ne. In other words, when we put down the paper and pen, turn off the computer, put the books back on the bookshelf, actually get dressed in something more than a pair of underwear and go outside where the sun shines and with some motivation to make something happen. Much easier said than done for the INTP, but that's the battle we face.

    Beginning to see the difference between Ti and Ne?
    WOW great explanation of this! But this makes me think that the more an INTP uses their Ne, the quicker they would be drained by virtue of their being I.. Does that make sense?

    On the other hand, I'm not so sure an ENTP would be as affected energy wise the more we use Ti.

    OK back to lurk mode because I know very little about functions

  9. #49
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What you describe is Ti. Ti is "introverted thinking". It's what you naturally do when you are alone. Ne, on the other hand, is extroverted intuition. It is what you naturally do when you are with other people. It's the way you talk and interact with people - big ideas, creative ideas, outside the box, often goofy, silly, and playful. This isn't the shy, reserved you - Ne is when you let loose and get into a good discussion and your ideas start to flow. There's obviously much more to Ne than this, but I'm trying to give you a very basic idea so that you'll know and recognize when you are operating within Ne versus Ti.

    Ti = at home, by yourself, researching some great new idea, often in a very intense way - where the time passes and you don't even care. You're so involved in your intense research/learning, that you don't really want any interruptions from the outside world. It's just too much fun or too interesting to be bothered by "other stuff". That's why ENTP's (correctly) try to remind us that Ti, by itself, can be useless. We need to take all of the learning and knowledge acquired by Ti and apply it somehow to the outer world. And that only happens when we effectively engage in Ne. In other words, when we put down the paper and pen, turn off the computer, put the books back on the bookshelf, actually get dressed in something more than a pair of underwear and go outside where the sun shines and with some motivation to make something happen. Much easier said than done for the INTP, but that's the battle we face.

    Beginning to see the difference between Ti and Ne?
    Yes... Except, I want to ask if Ne is something that can be used alone. If it necessarily requires input from other people, or if new situations/objects would be sufficient? Does Ne also involving a sort of "what if", roughly equivalent to imagination? Or is this just another aspect of Ti, or even some form of F?

  10. #50
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    WOW great explanation of this! But this makes me think that the more an INTP uses their Ne, the quicker they would be drained by virtue of their being I.. Does that make sense?

    On the other hand, I'm not so sure an ENTP would be as affected energy wise the more we use Ti.

    OK back to lurk mode because I know very little about functions
    Without a doubt this is true! See my earlier post in the thread about how difficult it can be for the INTP to consistently and effectively use Ne. That is the very problem we face. Ne is difficult for us to keep up for any length of time. We naturally want to revert back to Ti. Ne is super fun for us - it lets us get out of our shells and let loose - but we like our alone time!!

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Music and INTP's
    By m32 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 05:08 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP intensity and procastination
    By Qre:us in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP's and Racing Thoughts
    By Synarch in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
  4. [INTP] Bad trips and INTPs ?
    By Nihilen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 11:11 PM
  5. [ENTP] ENTP - Alone and Quiet Extravert?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO