User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I read, bike around, browse the internet, sometimes write in a journal. I was going to do a hike during my break, but the weather interfered.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I love INTPs to tiny little bits(in the way that Christy Alley loves a good cupcake). They serve as an excellent counter to my crazy ideas, we both have them but the INTP will stop me from doing something totally unrealistic and stupid on a whim(or come along to watch as I burn).
    "... generalities are intellectually necessary evils. Not philosophers, but fret-sawyers and stamp collectors compose the backbone of society."

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessRecluse View Post
    I love INTPs to tiny little bits(in the way that Christy Alley loves a good cupcake). They serve as an excellent counter to my crazy ideas, we both have them but the INTP will stop me from doing something totally unrealistic and stupid on a whim(or come along to watch as I burn).
    I hate it when an INTP does that. I'd rather have an ESXP telling me to go for it.
    (removed)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I want to meet an INTP lady.

Off topic.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Off topic.
    Lol, I searched for INTP lady on google image search and the first hit was a picture of lady gaga, which I'll spare you the details of.

Oddly enough, if you turn safe search of and search for INTP lady, the first adult result isn't until page 5. I do NOT recommend looking it up!
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Yazoo View Post
    Bad things from our relationship:
    - Misunderstanding through us both being unwilling to communicate; he would go further into his own world, often moody (didn't talk to me for three weeks for no discernible reason and we lived in the same apartment); I would not want to risk humiliation by voicing my thoughts or feelings.
    - Competitive streaks/stubbornness in both of us. We both wanted to have the upper hand.
    - Neither of us wanting to show any feeling/emotion; we both perceived this as possible exposure of weakness.
    I was in long-term relationship with an INTP female. It was pretty nice when everything was going smooth, but when it was rough, boy was it rough. Everything above was a problem. Particularly communication. I always had this feeling that we just couldn't provide what the other person needed because we both needed the same thing. Mainly stability and a lack of pointiness. We also got into bad habits where we just stuck around the house all the time. I think ENTP's and INTP's both do better with people who are oriented to spending time with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    A mind mate is currently my arch enemy after a 5 yo friendship. I'd advise you to stay away from other INTPs.
    I could see that happening.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by indiajones View Post
    My moms and ENTP and my dads an INTP and they complement each other perfectly. I think it's the fact that they can understand each other, but they aren't constantly competing, because there are some differences.
    I see this working more than the other way around.
    All the ENTP men I've known have been very competitive and domineering. They are great fun to work with (a breath of fresh air in an environment dominated by other INTs) and great to debate with, but romantically, or even socially, that drive to "win" at all costs creates friction. They get turned on by the idea of conquest, which turns me off.
    ENTP female/INTP male probably works because INTP men seem to be more passive and/or ENTP women are socialized to tone down their competitive instincts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I see this working more than the other way around.
    All the ENTP men I've known have been very competitive and domineering. They are great fun to work with (a breath of fresh air in an environment dominated by other INTs) and great to debate with, but romantically, or even socially, that drive to "win" at all costs creates friction. They get turned on by the idea of conquest, which turns me off.
    ENTP female/INTP male probably works because INTP men seem to be more passive and/or ENTP women are socialized to tone down their competitive instincts.
    I agree with this.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Anyone ever met an ENTP that they were just really glad they knew? I feel as though ENTP's manage to be interested in much of the things INTP's are interested in, but they make it seem cool. I feel as though INTP's have things to learn from ENTP's.

I'd like to ask the ENTP's if they've ever had friendships with the INTP, and what they felt they got out of it.
    Not my #1 best friend through college, but my most consistent friend since is an ENTP. I am extremely glad to know him. We both can get really excited about each others ideas and have a similar wicked sense of humor. I also find he's one of the few people I can say really "terrible" comments/jokes too and he won't be shocked. We can be honest with each other, because we're not judgemental. And if we get busy and out of touch for a few months neither of us gets upset - we just meet up and it's like we never dropped off.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

bump