• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's: What is your primary love language?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought I saw a thread on this some time ago, but I'm having trouble locating it. That's OK, let's start a new one.

Of the 5 primary love languages discussed in "The Five Love Languages" by Chapman, what would you say is your primary language? I don't know if this author is the first to write about this and I don't really much care - I'm more wondering which of the languages that you most identify with in relationships and if there is some sort of correlation with type.

For those who don't know what the languages are, they are discussed briefly here: Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages: Learn the Languages

They are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

After discussing this with a family member, it seems that maybe a lot of SJ's that I know enjoy "Acts of Service" - afterall, they are looking for "help mates" in life. I know a couple of them that when I help them do something productive (move to a new city, help them work on a Saturday, clean up the house) - they really enjoy this and appreciate it.

I'm perplexed because as an NT - mine is Physical Touch - without a doubt. I don't know if that's rare within the NT subset, so I'm here to find out. NT's - what is your primary love language?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical touch
Quality time
Acts of service
Words of affirmation
Receiving gifts

in that order.

I don't think it's uncommon for NTs to use physical touch, it's very efficient!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a touchy feely person, but I also give gifts (little things that show I've been thinking about the person) spend time, and I will sometimes do some acts of service

I'm quite a mushy girl really - I have a fair amount of F but I'm absolutely a T type....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No not at all, I'ld sign Physical Touch too.

On a scala from 1 to 5 stars, on what would motivate me to have feelings for a person, I'ld say:

affirmation: 3 out of 5
Quality time: 2 out of 5
Receiving Gifts: 1 out of 5
Acts of Service: 0 out of 5
Physical Touch 4 out of 5

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Bro, acts of service worth so little?

Super hot chick helping you out?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
English, and sometimes Spanish or Portuguese :tongue:

quality time
physical touch
acts of service
affirmation
gifts

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I didnt really understand what Acts of Service meant :D

Thought it meant she does things for me like cooking, washing clothes and so on

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scale of 1 to 5

Physical touch: 4.5
Quality time: 2
Acts of service: 0
Words of affirmation:3
Receiving gifts: 1

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
They are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

Well my first guesses were french, itallian, etc XD

But this makes more sense.

That being stated, mine go in order:

Quality time - heavy preferance on this

Words of affirmation - I LOVES these... if they're earned. Just going "zomg anything yeu draw will be beautiful" doesn't really work for me... seems hollow, like if I spend no effort, it'll still be appreciated, means no value when it is something I thought deserved praise. In turn, I act accordingly myself, I am sparse with my words of praise and affirmation, but they MEAN something when I say them.

Acts of Service - shows sincerity and loyalty in a deeper way, going out of yeur way to do something that yeu don't enjoy, for someone yeu care about, in order to help them, can mean a great deal.

Physical touch - Can be nice, but is reserved ONLY for those that I'm comfortable with; can mean alot but isn't something to be shared constantly, and can feel out of place without ideal circumstances

Receiving Gifts - absolutely abhor recieving gifts. I prefer to earn my own way, the truest gifts are from the heart, showing compassion and understanding, and word or gesture speaks far louder than a ring ever will. If a gift MUST be given... then it must speak of understanding whot the reciever's heart yearns for, and not of trivial things like wealth.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow. Physical touch by a landslide so far.

Physical touch: 5 stars (if I'm into you)
Acts of service: 3
Words of Affirmation: 3
Gifts: 2
Quality time: 1

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
For me, how I express myself in order of my preference:

1. Physical Touch
  2. Acts of Service
  3. Gifts
  4. Quality Time
  5. Words of Affirmation

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll preface this by noting that quality time and physical touch are equally clear signals by my consideration.
From greatest to least:
Quality Time

I'm pretty independent, even a bit reclusive at times. If I make it a point to spend quality time with you, I enjoy your company.

Physical Touch

I mentally value the quality time the most, but physical touch sends a stronger message coming from me. It probably has something to do with the fact that I don't usually like people in my personal space. In other words, if I'm comfortable touching you and vice-versa, it sends a pretty clear message that I care about you.

Acts of Service

I think it's pretty common to want to take care of things for the person you like. Not really sure anything else needs to be said here.

Words of Affirmation

Okay, I realize that most women will need/expect these from me, I also realize that they are important. The thing is, I tend to forget from time to time that the previously mentioned entries don't make this one unnecessary. So this one's down so low as a matter of aptitude rather than importance. :doh:

Gifts

I'm more than willing to give gifts. Actually, I quite enjoy it. But receiving gifts just doesn't really do anything for me.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
  • Physical touch: *****
  • Acts of service: ***
  • Quality time: **
  • Words of affirmation: *
  • Receiving gifts:

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Physical Touch
Quality Time
Acts of Service
Gifts
Affirmative words

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
is it me, or are NT's skewing towards the touchy feely type... :D.....

Wont the NF's be coming for us with shovels for edging towards their terratory

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1. Physical Touch
2. Acts of Service
3. Quality Time
4. Gifts
5. Words of Affirmation

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

What I usually do for others:

1. Physical touch
2. Acts of service
3. Quality time
4. Words of affirmation
5. Giving gifts

What I like to receive:

1. Physical touch
2. Quality time
3. Words of affirmation
4. Acts of service
5. Giving gifts