• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's: What is your primary love language?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've heard about great shock resulting in hairloss. Always thought those people were kidding, cause is hilarious. At least in my head. But it makes perfect sense. Doctors have said that any dramatic change in the human body creates a chain reaction in either your hair, your nails, bodily fluids and/or your skin.

I'm not sorry. Medicine is a way more interesting topic.

Yep. I saw a story on TV once about 2 dogs (dachsunds) who were brothers. One of them fell into the family pool and drown (drowned?). His brother witnessed the whole thing and the family said he was in complete shock for weeks. His black coat turned completely gray.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yep. I saw a story on TV once about 2 dogs (dachsunds) who were brothers. One of them fell into the family pool and drown (drowned?). His brother witnessed the whole thing and the family said he was in complete shock for weeks. His black coat turned completely gray.

Wow! I guess the body has to shut down some functions in its system in order to cope with this shock. So cool! I'm gonna research this some more..

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Dude, you have a camera on the ceiling above your bed? :shock: *goes bald*

LOL.

Don't ask how I got it up there.

The other day I built a underwater housing for my camera, and I was 99% sure it would work. I used that thing meant for bed covers and sheets, that thick plastic stuff plus clear wannabe duct tape (bad choice). I tripled sealed that shit.

I took it to the swimming pool, and it leaked (fuck!) but the camera survived. It died later on of an apparent cardiac motor arrest due to sand being clogged in the mechanic components from a previous beach trip.

Oh well, I'm gonna get a new one anyway.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
LOL.

Don't ask how I got it up there.

The other day I built a underwater housing for my camera, and I was 99% sure it would work. I used that thing meant for bed covers and sheets, that thick plastic stuff plus clear wannabe duct tape (bad choice). I tripled sealed that shit.

I took it to the swimming pool, and it leaked (fuck!) but the camera survived. It died later on of an apparent cardiac motor arrest due to sand being clogged in the mechanic components from a previous beach trip.

Oh well, I'm gonna get a new one anyway.

Creativity costs money. What camera are you looking to buy?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
on hair loss/greying, presumably Marie Antoinett hair went white over night during the French Revolution...

Actually I had a weird bald moment a few years ago... I was suffereing from stress at the time and had found a bald patch in my hair (about the size of a 20p peice) - went to the Dr he thought it might be stress/hormones. I personally think that my last hair cut the girl cutting it was thining it out and looked rather guilty at the end... I went to the hair dressers and complained. Fortunately the patch never got bigger and it all grew back, which confirmed in my head it was the hair dresser who did it... :rolleyes:

Cameras on the celing sounds pretty ropey... do the women know about them?

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
In order of preference, from greatest to least (both giving and receiving)...

Quality time
Physical touch
Acts of service
Words of affirmation/gifts (it's a toss up)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
1. Physical Touch

2. Acts of Service

3. Quality Time

4. Receiving Gifts

5. Words of Affirmation

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest, I don't quite relate to these 5 points in terms of love. They are all secondary to me.

My primary love language is understanding and sharing each other on an intellectual level.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I guess it depends on if it is how I feel most loved or how I express love. The first for ever is honestly quality time.

But after that, how I express it to others:

2/3 acts of service/ gifts
4 words of affirmation
physical touch... pretty much never

However, if it is looked at the other way such as how I feel most loved:

2 physical touch
3 words of affirmation
4 acts of service
5 gifts

I honestly am better at giving gifts and doing acts of service for others, words of affirmation to some extent, but I am not a physical touch type of person.

Other the other hand, in romantic situations only, I do find physical touch to be high on my list on the receiving end. Otherwise just random people hugging me rarely is accepted. Just glared at someone today for it. She was doing it to bug me though so I figure I did her a favor--gave her the response she was hoping for.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The main trend I'm seeing in this thread is that "gifts" are near the end of most people's list. Here are mine:

1. Quality Time
2. Acts of Service
3. Physical Touch
4. Words of Affirmation
5. Gifts

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mine is quality time and it is closely followed by touch. The other three are pretty far behind.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
To be honest, I don't quite relate to these 5 points in terms of love. They are all secondary to me.

My primary love language is understanding and sharing each other on an intellectual level.

I wonder if some of the high rankings of Quality Time really mean intellectual sharing.

I rank it as #1 too.

Aflter that: acts of service.

Nothing else is that important to me.

Qre:us

I wonder if some of the high rankings of Quality Time really mean intellectual sharing.

I rank it as #1 too.

Aflter that: acts of service.

Nothing else is that important to me.

This.

I'm weird about physical touch, I don't like to touch or be touched unless it's :newwink::newwink: nudge nudge time, or we're coyly playing up to the time. I do 'cuddle' for the bf's sake, and sometimes, it's...nice.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical Touch: From my husband, I need it (and give it) quite a lot! With others around whom I am very comfortable, I would say it is important but not #1. With people I don't know too well and/or don't connect very strongly with, it is just plain creepy.

Quality Time: This is probably my #1 overall. If you like me, spend time with me and talk with me :p

Words of Affirmation: I grew up in a family where we often verbally said we love each other (and we still do), so that is important to me. However, other complimentary words in general don't mean much to me because I tend to think the people are just saying them to be nice.

Acts of Service: As a very busy grad student who also works and volunteers, I am beginning to appreciate this love language more and more :)

Gifts: Because I'm not doing so great financially lately (welcome to the wonderful world of grad school which sucks all your time and money away), gifts mean something to me (especially if it's a MONEY gift! hahaha). Not my natural love language though.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
These are mine, in the following order:
  • Words of affirmation (HUGE for me...probably because I am very self-critical, so hearing praise and compliments is very reassuring. :yes:)
  • Physical touch (Love a good hug from an ENFP or anyone I'm attracted to in general. :hug:)
  • Quality time (Love one-on-one time. Makes me feel special.)
  • Acts of service (Eh, I rather do it myself, cause I can probably do it better ;) But thanks for trying anyway)
  • Receiving gifts (my expectations are always too high for this one to mean anything. they usually never get it right, and sure the thought counts, but that's what happens with us demanding INTJ's. It's gotta be more than just the thought. it needs to be friggin perfect. :D)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No not at all, I'ld sign Physical Touch too.

On a scala from 1 to 5 stars, on what would motivate me to have feelings for a person, I'ld say:

affirmation: 3 out of 5
Quality time: 2 out of 5
Receiving Gifts: 1 out of 5
Acts of Service: 0 out of 5
Physical Touch 4 out of 5

I'm afraid i totally agree with entrop

copy, paste

oh no wait, quality time rates a 4/5