• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's: What is your primary love language?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, so far it looks like - on the whole - NT's are definitely favoring physical touch. In the NF thread, it looks like they enjoy physical touch as well - along with quality time and/or words of affirmation.

For me, physical touch is a means of quality time. I love great conversations with my partner - perhaps above anything else - but after the conversation is over I want you to be independent and I also want to be independent. Physical touch is cool not only because it's physical touch, but also because there does not necessarily have to be dialogue. Someone in the NF thread mentioned just sitting on the couch together - maybe watching a movie. That allows for intimacy and it's also a great way of communicating nonverbally, but it also allows for low energy (even if its intense - like at the beginning of a new relationship where the intensity of everything is heightened), relaxing time together. Great for the introverts! Much more relaxing than going to the local amusement park together.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
1 quality time
2 acts of service
3 gifts (although I consider acts of service in the gift realm so combined they maybe #1 over quality time)
4 physical touch (I want a lot from the ones I love, but not anyone else ever)
5 affirmation

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, so far it looks like - on the whole - NT's are definitely favoring physical touch. In the NF thread, it looks like they enjoy physical touch as well - along with quality time and/or words of affirmation.

For me, physical touch is a means of quality time. I love great conversations with my partner - perhaps above anything else - but after the conversation is over I want you to be independent and I also want to be independent. Physical touch is cool not only because it's physical touch, but also because there does not necessarily have to be dialogue. Someone in the NF thread mentioned just sitting on the couch together - maybe watching a movie. That allows for intimacy and it's also a great way of communicating nonverbally, but it also allows for low energy (even if its intense), relaxing time together. Great for the introverts!

Couple of really interesting things, NT's are not the most sociable capable of types (possibly becayuse society is infinately more S - but I veer)... I wonder if they lean on physical touch to support and enhance their communication. (not saying NTs are bad communicators most of the ones I know don't shut up if they are on a roll even the I's).... Also I wonder how many are reading physical as being sexual...

On the sitting watching TV point as a togetherness, some people see this as a waiste of time but I think thier is a sharing of experiences... and to a avery minor extent a collective consiousness type connection.

I thought you point about independance is interesting... is the physcal contact of the NT only for short time frames but wouldn't like to hold hands out all the time....

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Couple of really interesting things, NT's are not the most sociable capable of types (possibly becayuse society is infinately more S - but I veer)... I wonder if they lean on physical touch to support and enhance their communication. (not saying NTs are bad communicators most of the ones I know don't shut up if they are on a roll even the I's).... Also I wonder how many are reading physical as being sexual...

On the sitting watching TV point as a togetherness, some people see this as a waiste of time but I think thier is a sharing of experiences... and to a avery minor extent a collective consiousness type connection.

I thought you point about independance is interesting... is the physcal contact of the NT only for short time frames but wouldn't like to hold hands out all the time....

Physical touch does NOT only mean sexual touch. 90% of it for me is non-sexual. Of course, that other 10% is a beautiful thing - but, for this thread we're talking about affection.

As for physical touch in short bursts, I didn't mean to sound like once I'm done I want you out of my face. There's obviously more to relationships than just sitting around cuddling. There needs to be "normal communications" and other things going on for sure. If I'm into someone, I actually like lots of physical touch - not just shorts bursts. But, I also don't want to feel smothered. There are times, in public, where a girlfriend may be holding onto my arm or otherwise being affectionate and that's always welcome - where I get irritated is when it feels smothering. Examples would be if someone is putting their weight on me (literal body weight) - like they're being lazy and I'm having to hold them up. I've had g/f's who do that. What's up with that? Or if we're with company and I'm in a discussion with someone and they're requiring more attention as if they want me to stop my discussion. "We have all night, dear! Let me finish my conversation and THEN you can tug on my nipples." :hi:

So, I suppose it's always welcome as long as you're giving me space (i.e. the choice) to stop holding your hand and interact with other people/things when I need to/choose to. Be classy, not clingy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Physical touch does NOT only mean sexual touch. 90% of it for me is non-sexual. Of course, that other 10% is a beautiful thing - but, for this thread we're talking about affection.

You're thinking about handjobs too ? Or is that sexual already, ignore me I am confused :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

As for physical touch in short bursts, I didn't mean to sound like once I'm done I want you out of my face. There's obviously more to relationships than just sitting around cuddling. There needs to be "normal communications" and other things going on for sure. If I'm into someone, I actually like lots of physical touch - not just shorts bursts. But, I also don't want to feel smothered. There are times, in public, where a girlfriend may be holding onto my arm or otherwise being affectionate and that's always welcome - where I get irritated is when it feels smothering. Examples would be if someone is putting their weight on me (literal body weight) - like they're being lazy and I'm having to hold them up. I've had g/f's who do that. What's up with that? Or if we're with company and I'm in a discussion with someone and they're requiring more attention as if they want me to stop my discussion. "We have all night, dear! Let me finish my conversation and THEN you can tug on my nipples." :hi:

I didn't think you meant sex... but I wans't sure how much others were differenciating sex and huging, hand holding etc...

I wonder if NT's have a different balance of tollerance towards Space to Physical touch time.. I totally get what you are saying about body weight (annoying to be on the receiving end of that - I wont go into further details..) but also the balance between hand holding and contact etc...

I think NT's might have a stronger line of where space is invaded..

Good topic...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well Pness holding in public is gross but I dont tend to feel invaded at all no :D

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

For me, physical touch is a means of quality time. I love great conversations with my partner - perhaps above anything else - but after the conversation is over I want you to be independent and I also want to be independent. Physical touch is cool not only because it's physical touch, but also because there does not necessarily have to be dialogue. Someone in the NF thread mentioned just sitting on the couch together - maybe watching a movie. That allows for intimacy and it's also a great way of communicating nonverbally, but it also allows for low energy (even if its intense - like at the beginning of a new relationship where the intensity of everything is heightened), relaxing time together. Great for the introverts! Much more relaxing than going to the local amusement park together.

Yeah. Actions speak louder than words.

The way I also see it is like holding hands says more then buying each other BMWs. Hugging and kissing says more then saying "I love you." Play wrestling with each other is a lot more romantic, affectionate and expressive then a expensive dinner at a fancy restaurant. I think you know where I'm going with this...

That's how I feel about it.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. Actions speak louder than words.

The way I also see it is like holding hands says more then buying each other BMWs. Hugging and kissing says more then saying "I love you." Play wrestling with each other is a lot more romantic, affectionate and expressive then a expensive dinner at a fancy restaurant. I think you know where I'm going with this...

That's how I feel about it.

I know exactly where you're going with that and I agree 100%. I have to be careful about whether you are male or female when I say this, but either way I'd mud wrestle you for a BMW any day of the week.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know exactly where you're going with that and I agree 100%. I have to be careful about whether you are male or female when I say this, but either way I'd mud wrestle you for a BMW any day of the week.

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::worthy:

Sell tickets ;)

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

<--- That's me.

I don't know too many bald headed women out there except Amber Rose.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
... and all the cancer victims.

Women who have Thyriod problems somtimes suffer from it, and also great shock can suffer from it... Gail Porter a TV presenter here went bald for no reason...

Sorry Intpness for distrating..

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have never actually been in a situation in which I could test this out, so I have no clue.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Quality time
Physical touch
Acts of service
Words of affirmation
Receiving gifts

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
<--- That's me.

I don't know too many bald headed women out there except Amber Rose.

It could have been your boyfriend or the person you are currently stalking for all I know.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Women who have Thyriod problems somtimes suffer from it, and also great shock can suffer from it... Gail Porter a TV presenter here went bald for no reason...

Sorry Intpness for distrating..

I've heard about great shock resulting in hairloss. Always thought those people were kidding, cause is hilarious. At least in my head. But it makes perfect sense. Doctors have said that any dramatic change in the human body creates a chain reaction in either your hair, your nails, bodily fluids and/or your skin.

I'm not sorry. Medicine is a way more interesting topic.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Quality time
Physical touch
Acts of service
Words of affirmation
Receiving gifts

Interesting. I'm thinking I should have given quality time a higher rating. I think I was thinking in terms of "amount of time". Quality time is, indeed, important!