• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I looove INTJs.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian dude, you get to understand those crazies that started this thread and their introverted siblings, so no whining. INTJs are ours :wubbie:

Oh, you mean NTPs? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about them. They kind of tend to blend into the background. Thanks!

Well, I guess that works then.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Poppy is the only INTJ I like.

:D

and maybe Edgar..but he'll have to woo me over. :blush:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
They'll love to hear that :D

Well, I was thinking about emotions. I usually don't think about INTPs when I'm thinking about emotional issues. When I start talking to an INTP, I normally don't use that part of my brain. But I think about them all the time when I'm configuring networks or studying philosophy. In fact, that's the kind of thing I normally talk to them about.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I was thinking about emotions. I usually don't think about INTPs when I'm thinking about emotional issues. When I start talking to an INTP, I normally don't use that part of my brain. But I think about them all the time when I'm configuring networks or studying philosophy.

:shock: Wait..you're saying that INTPs and perhaps ENTPs just...don't provide you with an emotional connection, but somehow you want one with INTJs (and presumably ENTJs). What's the logic behind that one???

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For emotions I got a plug and play key that just needs to be inserted in the right socket.

Can't establish emotional connections with INTP's? I don't see why that's so difficult.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to see it that way, it's always the same with girls. They go for the quiet, mysterious, decidedly intelligent looking guy, because he is just soooo different than the others. Then they figure that + his calmness the guy got a lot of issues too, which is brilliant, because then they can fully live their helping syndrome.

Eventually then they gonna marry him and from this point on, two scenarios are likely to happen. In the 1st one the decidedly intelligent guy becomes healed and finds his self-confidence, eventually turning out to be boring from now on for the girl, cause she has no need to care for him no more. Or two the guy never becomes healed but rather keeps on being an idiot, resulting in the girl having totally exhausted herself.

No matter which path it takes, eventually at age 30 the girl will figure that she has lived so far for only one person, will blame that person for that of course and then leave the marriage "to find her self".

And then a patient NTP playboy, who was rejected when the girl was younger and not wanted because he was not enough trouble, will have patiently waited and score :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:shock: Wait..you're saying that INTPs and perhaps ENTPs just...don't provide you with an emotional connection, but somehow you want one with INTJs (and presumably ENTJs). What's the logic behind that one???

Oh, I didn't mean that. I just meant that it didn't occur to me to look for an emotional connection there, not that one didn't exist.

It's more like the fact that I normally don't think about picking up groceries when I go to an electronics store. But come to think of it, one that I go to actually does have a grocery section. It's not that I have a problem with buying groceries there, it's just that it doesn't come to mind to do so.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, Athenian, I feel your frustration. I have the same aspirations with NTPs. Unfortunately, there will always be some barrier there, whether I like it or not. They're great, and I *can* have an emotional connection with them, but with NTJs it just kinda..happens naturally without me putting thought or effort in it, I can just enjoy it. With NTPs I am constantly aware of it and evaluating it to make sure nothing gets disrupted.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's more like the fact that I normally don't think about picking up groceries when I go to an electronics store.

Gee, if I knew you better that would've hurt. :smile:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, Athenian, I feel your frustration. I have the same aspirations with NTPs. Unfortunately, there will always be some barrier there, whether I like it or not. They're great, and I *can* have an emotional connection with them, but with NTJs it just kinda..happens naturally without me putting thought or effort in it, I can just enjoy it. With NTPs I am constantly aware of it and evaluating it to make sure nothing gets disrupted.

Well, I suppose the same thing can happen with myself and an NTP. We just kind of enjoy one another's company, but we don't typically think about our emotions enough while we're communicating with each other to notice that we enjoy each other's company.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's also coz you don't have those 'emotional' misunderstandings of each others words, I find. I can express myself in my usual way and an INTJ will generally understand my point, without focussing on specific emotional words or whatever and misunderstand me becoz of it. With NTPs I have to streamline my text more, or we risk getting into a debate about what I exactly meant with that sentence (and vice versa btw), as we read different things into each others words than were actually meant. This mostly happens though with the ones that don't know me that well yet.

But even if I know them quite well, there's always a somewhat glass ceiling that you hit after a while. More constricted than with NTJs. With NTJs, I can just relax, and I know that they usually won't mind my moodswings, silliness or at least not take it the wrong way, and vice versa. I find an ENTJ on a rampage an awesome sight, for instance, and I *know* that they're very unlikely to either accidentely or purposefully hurt me. I cannot say the same for NTPs, fond as I am of them :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, INTP's don't generally go on rampages. And when they do, it's not a pretty sight. :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, INTP's don't generally go on rampages. And when they do, it's not a pretty sight. :(

Case in point: I meant for that to be a typical ENTJ thing which many people seem to fear as they have no clue if they'll get caught in his path.

NTPs tend to be snipers instead of bulldozers, ime.

Edit: and I just realized you were probably semi-joking :doh:

= example of NFP-NTP miscommunication *sigh*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why, coz you cannot get any INTJs? :alttongue:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Coz he's dual to Athenian. Athenian hates other people's lives.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Case in point: I meant for that to be a typical ENTJ thing which many people seem to fear as they have no clue if they'll get caught in his path.

NTPs tend to be snipers instead of bulldozers, ime.

Edit: and I just realized you were probably semi-joking :doh:

= example of NFP-NTP miscommunication *sigh*

I was fairly serious, although I was jokingly posting in attempts to make an emotional connection which ironically failed for several posts. But hey, we've just reached one, you and me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was fairly serious, although I was jokingly posting in attempts to make an emotional connection which ironically failed for several posts. But hey, we've just reached one, you and me.

*sigh* You people are weird :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I am weird to you, you must be weird to me. How should we battle this? :O