User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Inferior Fi for an ENTJ is a gross evil.

Truth.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Nah, it makes you human..and attractive
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Here's what I've seen.

ENTP, tertiary Fe:

1. An attempt to use charm to get out of trouble.
    2. Concern with how others are seeing them (I know THAT one all too well).
    3. A fondness for eliciting shock or strong reactions in people. Possibly a tendency to be a clown/comedian.
    Question: do you think ESTPs do this with tertiary Fe as well? I'm curious because I think I may have mistyped someone I know when I didn't understand as much about MBTI. I thought this person was an F because of certain personality traits, but now I'm thinking could be a T with strongly developed F function...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Mmm, I like my Fi. Obviously it's selective, but if I trust the person, it's always nice to love Fe? Cool to make new friends, but quite hard to sustain for a long period of time without becoming self-conscious.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Mmm, I like my Fi. Obviously it's selective, but if I trust the person, it's always nice to love Fe? Cool to make new friends, but quite hard to sustain for a long period of time without becoming self-conscious.
    Same.
    I don't tell people shit about my emotions because I suppress them.

But then I ended up crying to a girl and it felt great. Just like anything else for an ENTJ, all or nothing. Full emotion or no emotion. Go figure!

Once a feeler has my trust, the Fi comes out. Which is why I think T's need F's, and visa versa

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Ehhhh that isn't quite what Fe does. It's far more methodical than that.

Also, Fi will apply ethical analysis to everything the same way Ti does without any particular goal in mind. Neither can help it.

How do you mean by methodical? I'll happily adjust my ideas if you can show me that they are incomplete/just plain wrong, but I'm not sure what you are driving at here.

As for Fi, I confess that I was speaking from the view point of tertiary Fi. So basicly, my own experiences. A more prominant Fi function may well moralise on issues of no particular prominance, but I know I don't!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fe defines ethics according to the environment. What is right and wrong depends upon what ethical/social standards are observed and practiced by the community group. Fe adapts its conception of ethics to the emotional texture of its environment; this is why strong Fe users are so attuned to the emotional needs of others--the validation comes from without, not from within. To Fe, there is no such thing as "ethics in a vacuum" because we cannot make an external judgment until some external goal or context has been defined.
    Aaah. I think I'm getting it now.

People have been saying Fe defines ethics according to social conventions... this is misleading because it makes it sound like Fe users don't make their own decisions about morality and just follow what everybody else thinks. A better way of putting it simply, though still an over-generalization, is that Fe is morally relative and Fi is morally absolute. Yes? So Fe users define what is moral by what helps or harms somewhone, and Fi users define morality as an intrinsic quality that just is.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm glad some ENTJ's weighed in.

I always worry when I see other's descriptions of us.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

INTJ, tertiary Fi:

1. Emotional breakdown. Withdraws into self and dwells on the emotion until it's resolved, even at the expense of external goals.
    2. Personal integrity. Will refuse to do anything that goes against their personal code of ethics, even if it benefits them (and insistence on going along with it even if it hurts them). May withdrawn from others or push them away without admitting the reason if more important parts of this code are not shared by these others.
    3. Faith. A tendency to have faith in the rationality and good intentions of others until given reason to suspect otherwise.
    Yup. Especially at the expense of external goals. Of everything, really, it just kind of takes you over.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yes indeed.... Actually I'm still not 100% sure I buy that I moralise depedant on group value, but I guess I grew up with a strain of religion - which may act in that way beyond my consiouness.

good explanation
    I don't think that Fe is as much oriented towards society's values, but more the group you're in's values and the overall "Feel" of the group, and trying to maintain what would be ideal as a mood (or you could do the opposite to "attack" people). People good with Fe would also know exactly what to do to maintain an individual's good mood or the group's positive mood (or again, the opposite).

Fe is like a cloud hanging over the group or individual. Someone proficient in Fe can see the color of the cloud, which would change based on the mood. Thus, they would know how to maintain it's good color. People with Fe would be good at seeing the surface emotions of someone (or again the group), and read them and know what to do based on that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)