User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    ENTPs might not even exist, except as a concept.
    Exactly this.

Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Huh, I wonder my personality agrees with the INTP concept then. My need for emotional connection seems deeper than what was mentioned though.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    Huh, I wonder my personality agrees with the INTP concept then. My need for emotional connection seems deeper than what was mentioned though.
    Everyone has a need for deep emotional connections. How often or in what quantity depends on the person. I personally like deep connections with those I bond with, but in small doses every now and again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've found that Fi in an ENTP will leave them unsure of the psychological distance between them and others (which has probably been seen in some profiles about the place). I read it a while ago and thought: wtf? It seems to mean that you don't really know how others see you or your actions without them saying it, it results in not knowing where you stand in a relation, and you probably end up crossing some borders that you shouldn't.

Fe supposedly makes us want to build a sort of atmosphere (or is what we use to build an atmosphere? not sure). It might be responsible for encouragement of others to get involved.

I've often completely ignored my convictions of others, and I've been just as friendly to them as I would anyone else, no idea what functions would cause that.
    5 3 9

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Here's what I've seen.
    This is a great list, Ath. I've seen all of these in action.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You mean you're telling me that your previous experiences with someone and the emotional impression that they left on you doesn't effect you at all every time you interact with them?
    Not at all. If you are in my life, I am accepting you as a whole, not as a series of events. Everyone has an off day or two. And like Blah said, I mostly just forget.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I've found that Fi in an ENTP will leave them unsure of the psychological distance between them and others (which has probably been seen in some profiles about the place). I read it a while ago and thought: wtf? It seems to mean that you don't really know how others see you or your actions without them saying it, it results in not knowing where you stand in a relation, and you probably end up crossing some borders that you shouldn't.

Fe supposedly makes us want to build a sort of atmosphere (or is what we use to build an atmosphere? not sure). It might be responsible for encouragement of others to get involved.

I've often completely ignored my convictions of others, and I've been just as friendly to them as I would anyone else, no idea what functions would cause that.
    All of this, especially the bolded. Just last night I was reminded of how bullying my innocent questions can be. It is hard for me to read signals and if you don't tell me verbally to stop, then I will never stop. I fail.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My Fe is a tube sock that fell behind the dryer.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I'm having difficulty understanding what Fi is, and every time Fi vs. Fe is discussed in the NF forum, the distinctions get messy because they take every attempt at definition as personal attack (and in many cases, they are personal attacks).

So, For ENTP/INTP/ENTJ/INTJ, what do Fi and Fe actually do? How would I more easily recognize these functions in NTs in every day life?

Would Fi mean you care that Woody Allen married his daughter? Or would Fe care about that? Or would they care for different reasons? (Fe because it's considered destructive to society? Fi because ...? I don't know what Fi is so I don't know how to finish that, and I'm not certain I got Fe right, but I tried to imagine why I might care about that, and that was what I came up with. I don't care, by the way.)

So anyway ... a little help?
    Here is my take on this whole thing. Feel free to be offended and take this as a personal attack if you like.

All people use all eight functions. Our type simply describes which functions we prefer. For example my type, ENTP, says that I'm an extravert who prefers Intuition the most. It also says I prefer to use Ti over Fi to support my intuition. That is all it means to be an ENTP. You can tell me what my tertiary and inferior functions are supposed to be, but the introverted or extraverted aspects of these functions are largely irrelevant.

Let me elaborate. My personal preference for functions as an ENTP is really Intuition -> Thinking -> Feeling -> Sensing. I say Ne is my dominant function because I am an extravert. Once you get to supposed tertiary and inferior functions the introversion/extraversion aspect is so subtle that it doesn't really matter. Type only describes preference and not ability, and in reality when we use the 6 other functions that we don't particularly prefer it is because real life demands we do so. When I use a clock or a tape measure I rely on Te. When someone throws me some keys I rely on Se to catch them. When I see starving children on TV my heart goes out to them and that is Fi. When I buy my wife flowers to show her I appreciate her, that is Fe.

All I can really say about Fe, Fi, Se and Si is that I prefer Feeling over Sensing. I prefer both Fe and Fi over Se and Si. However I since my first two preferences are Intuition and Thinking the introversion/extraversion aspect of Feeling and Sensing doesn't really matter to me. We all use all eight functions, and our type only describes the two we prefer the most.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    All I can really say about Fe, Fi, Se and Si is that I prefer Feeling over Sensing. I prefer both Fe and Fi over Se and Si. However I since my first two preferences are Intuition and Thinking the introversion/extraversion aspect of Feeling and Sensing doesn't really matter to me. We all use all eight functions, and our type only describes the two we prefer the most.

I have to say I struggle big time around here with people trying to identiy how they use a whole bunch of detailed functions. Yout thoughts above make total sense to me and the bigger brushed view actually is easier to get your selection process. Yes there will be times when the other fuctions show their weekness but thats is true of everyone, what is strong for one type is weak for another...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Sounds like Fe to me, though I could be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Not at all. If you are in my life, I am accepting you as a whole, not as a series of events. Everyone has an off day or two. And like Blah said, I mostly just forget.
    This is a good explanation of why I prefer Fe to Fi in the long run. Because I would rather people forgot about my past mistakes and accepted me as a whole person. So, I try to do the same for them. It can be harder if their past mistakes make me feel personally threatened, but that has less to do with Fi and more to do with Ni paranoia.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Here's what I've seen.
    Why is it that you've written Inferior Fi and Fe in a significantly more negative light then Tertiary Fi and Fe?

Anyways, for my note comparison:
    INTP, inferior Fe:

1. A sudden need for emotional support under extreme stress.
    2. Building frustration finally erupting in a virulent personal attack.
    3. A tendency to assume that other people's personal opinions/rules of etiquette are meant to eliminate/devalue independent thought.
    1. I'm not I can at all relate to this one. Extreme stress appears to be a point where I attempt to remove emotions from the equation. Letting anyone near my possibly fragile emotions seems like the LAST thing I'd want to happen.
    2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "personal attack." If you mean in the sense that I'd be questioning the integrity or whatnot of another individual, this would be another point I can't relate to. I've learned by now that personal attacks, especially in a formal debate, are always moot points. Sure, I may analyze a person to figure out why they believe what they do and how I should try to get through to them, but I've more than realized by now that a personal attack simply doesn't work. I prefer to fall back on my STRONGER weapons when the initial approach doesn't appear to be working.
    3. Assume? Oh what a lethal word. At this point in life, I've realized that everyone has goals that they seldom go against. These goals reflect what a person believes to be "right." I've yet to meet a person that seriously believes eliminated independent thought is "good" or "right." Any action that appears to be using that motivation is usually just an attempt to accomplish another goal, a goal nearly always not mutually exclusive from independent thought.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?