User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, you know academics. If you didn't publish it yourself, then clearly it wasn't rigorous enough to credit.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I was looking more to be acknowledged in the informal part in writing, and verbally in person, too.

Lols your way if rigorous is the only thing you put value in.

Edit: I've got some stuff I'd like to work on, and I was looking with a partner to work it with. Apparently he likes being uninnovative more, writing more papers of what improvement other's have done, more papers of another dead end and the null result he has found. He'll earn his salary this way as well. He's extremely unenthusiastic about his work, but he wanted it desperately too.

Perhaps this is what offends me. I was trying to get an uninterested, ISTJ-like "secreteer", "paper juggler", "list-maker" as my project partner, where he values things by the amount of boredom elicited. "Why go on an adventure of undefined project, when I can do standard work and no innovation at all within the confines of my office".

/end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I was looking more to be acknowledged in the informal part in writing, and verbally in person, too.

Lols your way if rigorous is the only thing you put value in.
    I was describing my perception of academics' values. You seem to have misunderstood, so I think that you must be very tired.

As for the other, you have my sympathies. That sounds very frustrating, to find a desired partner so unambitious.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am sorry, I did misunderstand. On a second reading I understood what you talked about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Well after reading over your posts it does sound like this guy stole your ideas...Hmm, but I think most people who get their self respect from their ideas and intelligence wouldn't do that. The rewards for stealing an idea just wouldn't mean much.

MBTI
    ENTP

now tell me,

Would I be considered evil if I pointed out that ideas have no intellectual property value unless they are protected/can be protected under IP law....

Chatting with a firend doesn't constitute ownership of an idea. Writting it down and having a date stamped record would give you soem copy write.

From the sound of it he didn't do anythign deliberate (so worth giving the benefit of the doubt)

Sorry I don't mean to be contentious.....(she said poking the submit button with a stick and backing away from the laptop).

PS did you know (a few very random bizzar things).
    That a blue tit bird was first cited as having learned to peck throuhg milk bottle tops in Bristol - which was copied a week or so later in Norfolk (probably c.350-500 miles away)....

And that there was an expeeriment done on TV with an abstract picture being shown in an Ad break in the UK - which had the non abstract version shown aftwerwards - the research tested peoples recognition of the picture it was better recognised as the non abstract version.... However a few days later the abstract was tested in a different country - and it was found they could tell what the abstract was at a similar level of the non abstract version...

Point being is that people can have similar ideas at a similar time without their nessesarily being a visible causation......

MBTI
    ENTJ

Omg, all of you who you think that "lolz, what ur friend did is legulz" constitutes a fitting argument in here, get a clue. Really. That the best you can do? True argument, yes, I wouldn't even begin thinking it wasn't. How stupid do you think I am? But a fitting argument? Something said at a good time? Something relevant? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

As my role with you appears to partly be devil's advocate, I must point out that someone with a high IQ is never on solid ground assuming that others think him stupid. Rather, it is always more likely that they do not realize how much is obvious to him.
    Last edited by SciVo; 09-16-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: clarity

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am becoming ashamed for ranting in here and being treated well. Well, being treated in all the different ways.

Anyways, many thanks for all of you who have understood. This is more of a social thing than anything else.. but, something more, something I don't have a word for.

I liked to hear this common phenomenon - and a problem - having been recognized. Many of us have experienced something that doesn't necessarily constitute idea theft, but we've felt used. I think one of my problem was giving him the crown of intellectual superiority too easily - it didn't work well when I tried to prove myself to him by contributing to his work all that way. I accepted his authority too easily, when I should have done what I always do - test the ideas, and don't put much weight on authority. I've made myself as a lesser person due to all that.

To be honest, this is one of the most insignificant issues one could have, but there's something there I can't quite put my finger on. Some kind of stupidity I've been guilty of I haven't fully understood yet.

Perhaps my lesson would be: Santtu, don't try to buy approval by doing favors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Is that what you did? At the time these things happened, you were aware of trading something for something? Or you're looking back and putting a negative slant on liking and trying to respect someone since it went wrong later and there doesn't seem to be another way to fix it?

Don't sweat it. One day when he tries to say sorry, you'll let him, but he won't know that you did.