User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know some ENTJs. I am not intimidated by them at all and have never been. I like being able to let loose all that I'm afraid of letting loose. I'm afraid of being too up front with people and offending them, or being too blunt. Not with you ENTJs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I find ENTJs quite intimidating when I'm intimidated.

JK JK
    They're cool peeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I find ENTJs quite intimidating when I'm intimidated.

JK JK
    They're cool peeps.
    haha, you remind of an intp i know. yeah i know, go figure.

overall i think entj's are ok, but theyre not my favourite type. i feel i can be rude to them

when it gets its worst: me and entj ->

i fight tooth and nail to resist being controlled by the entj, even to the extend of becoming really outspoken and/or irrational. my _NTJ father and i are doomed to a power struggle.
    i dont think they're intimidating but i do think that they meddle too much, probably withotu even realising it. its refreshing for me not to be around someone whos emotional but they force me to go to far jsut to stop them from controlling a single iota of my life. even if we agree on the best action to take i cant do it if feels like im doing as they say.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Anyways, I was just wondering what it is that makes us "intimidating" and how ENTJs are perceived from the outside.
    Something I've noticed in people who retreat into themselves (I see it on the outside and can sense it in their non-responsiveness), is that it's as if I have a tone of hostility, and that it's as if I'm piercing their soul or something. In actual fact, I'm merely explaining something passionately. I'm intolerant of people who can't take how I am, and this includes people who are "scared" of how I think or speak. It infuriates me as I watch them draw back in fear. It annoys me because all I want is a worthy intellectual adversary, and all I'm getting is someone who's scared of hearing what I have to say.

Nonetheless, these people are limited. I'm more accustomed to people huffing, tutting, rolling eyes and "for fuck's sake"ing at my radical - or at least what they deem to be radical - ideas, especially when I ask "why?" in a perfectly legitimate (but apparently illegitimate) way.

Another point is the supposedly "controlling" behaviour, I am not really sure what "controlling" behaviour even looks like, and I dont think I am controlling of social situations. Most times I will just go along with what other people want to do when socializing, and I try to make sure that everyone is ok with what is decided upon. When with friends I am usually easy going, I actually act a lot like my ESTP friend when we are out having fun, note though that work does not count as "social situation", there I am much more my ENTJ self, and experience that people are afraid of, though I am not sure why.
    Many would call me "controlling". I am controlling insofar that I must protect and dominate my own environment, but in terms of expansion, it's more that I "plant" myself in my environment rather than actually conquer it. I've noticed myself come into a room and naturally just extend myself to take up space, but in general, I think it's probably not as obvious to others (maybe they simply don't mention it).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTJs aren't intimidating. They're like screaming children showing off for company.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ... But if I was 100% myself, I think most people would become traumatized, faint, develop spots, become hysterical, develop a personality disorder and commit hara-kiri....

I can definitely see F-types freaking out, As for me? -->

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    ENTJs aren't intimidating. They're like screaming children showing off for company.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Many would call me "controlling". I am controlling insofar that I must protect and dominate my own environment, but in terms of expansion, it's more that I "plant" myself in my environment rather than actually conquer it. I've noticed myself come into a room and naturally just extend myself to take up space, but in general, I think it's probably not as obvious to others (maybe they simply don't mention it).
    I am currently dating an ENTJ and this is exactly what he does. He doesn't control everyone but he certainly makes his presence known. However, he is controlling as far as performing tasks go. For example, if I am with him and I am about to do something (no matter how simple it is) he will begin telling me exactly how to do it. This is the one thing about him that annoys me to no end. So I just turn and give him a piercing stare and he shuts up. I mean...I'm open to new ways of doing things but I don't like to feel that I'm totally incompetent at everything I do when he's around.

Other than that....I really enjoy him. Looking back on my past relationships I realize that he and I probably have the best and most lively conversations out of those relationships. I love the fact that we can discuss anything with varying amounts of passion, playfulness, and seriousness.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That made me laugh out loud ... aww, you're so cute!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Seriously though, ENTJ's are so vibrant and decisive. I understand the "shrink in fear" response some people have when you are ... enthusiastic. (I love it myself, some people live in alternate fear / awe of it though!)

What to do about that if you are concerned ... I would suggest some debate-oriented role playing games where you are videotaped in order to review your facial and body language. That way, you can study yourself and see what kind of messages you are sending. It will feel weird at first, knowing you are on tape, but you'll get over that. But, this is valuable info. This feedback can help you effectively soften your responses if that's an issue.