User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 72

  1. #51
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I respect how commanding and decisive ENTJs are. These are valuable personality traits. I have difficulty understanding why some people are so intimidated by a person with presence.
    not by their presence but by the way they argue and the way they say things when they are sure of it. then ENTJs actually do sound aggressive. and ENTJs dont leave any room for stupid arguments which will actually get on their nerves (not to a point of starting a fight) but it does anyway.

    but those traits will do look pretty intimidating to a person who just made a casual comment, not expecting any REACTION let alone an argument.

  2. #52
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    agressive attack as an exploration techneque doesn't suit everyones tastes.

    Thinking because it's rational it's superior, it's not.....

    belittlment of cooperative decision styles, which might not be as functionally strong but they don't cause mayhem when they are embeded

    possitiong themselves as clever clogs - no one likes a smarty pants...

    Putting people down

    Dissmissing people because they are not bright

    Dissmising people even if they are bright, because they don't dress the way they should

    Having a bad attitude towards people in authority

    Taking fun out of attacking others with less strong arguments/abilities in a dialectal fashion

    taking the piss out of people who don't understand they are being taken the piss out off...

    They can be real charmers.....

    L

  3. #53
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    agressive attack as an exploration techneque doesn't suit everyones tastes.
    I'm not some free food sample, i'm not obliged to suit anyones tastes.
    Life is short, try to get as much done as you can.

    Thinking because it's rational it's superior, it's not.....
    It is. The alternative is irrational.

    possitiong themselves as clever clogs - no one likes a smarty pants...
    Better to be clever and disliked than being average or stupid, but loved.


    Putting people down
    Like hunting? I must try this.

    Dissmissing people because they are not bright
    Well that's a bloody good reason, isn't it? If someone's stupid... Stupid things come out of their mouths! unless they pass information on without any mental processing of their own. Repeating information isn't worth a damn anyway.
    If it's not very, very special information. But that stuff doesn't just lie around waiting for stupid people to read it. So this would be highly unlikely.

    Listen to stupid people 0.1% of the time. Ignoring them or even tell them to shut the fuck is way better.

    Dissmising people even if they are bright, because they don't dress the way they should
    This is SJ. I don't care if you're a beggar or an oil magnate.

    Having a bad attitude towards people in authority
    This isn't ENTJ. That is counter-productive. Burning bridges is OK if that person is not in a position to hurt you and if the person is of absolutely no use, and rude on top of that. I wonder what personal experiences you have had that makes you say such things.

    Taking fun out of attacking others with less strong arguments/abilities in a dialectal fashion
    Why should I let an illogical or weak argument stand? As long as it is not opposed, the person who said it is the current winner. If I can best him/her, I will.

    taking the piss out of people who don't understand they are being taken the piss out off...
    Are we some kind of colostomy bags for incontinent people, you say?

    They can be real charmers.....
    Well, thank you!

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  4. #54
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I always have to take a gulp before I argue with my ENTJ friends. They sure as hell don't go down easy, and they're definitely intimidating. The ones I know try and assume a position of authority in an argument instead of arguing as your equal, and the tone is often really hostile and intimidating. Another I know doesn't take an intimidating tone or raise his voice, but has an aura of "you better be right or you'll be sorry you spoke" to him.

    The ENTJs I've come in contact with are good people though, and they'll always hear you out. They'll just push you to the limit to make sure you know wtf you're talking about. I don't really see anything wrong with this, like Jesus here said, there's no reason to let an illogical or weak argument stand. They get shit done and sift through the bullshit.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

  5. #55
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    [. . .]
    Lies! Vilification! Character assassination! Etcetera!

  6. #56
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    When some of the other ENTJs at work agree with me, they'll bastardize what I've tried to phrase tactfully, effectively turning it into a direct attack on everyone who disagrees. They'll put everyone in the room on the defensive, and I end up having to intimidate them to get them to back down so that we can actually have a meaningful discussion. You don't exactly win friends or convert people to your point of view by being a dick to everyone. And the truthfulness of an idea isn't a function of how forcefully you can deliver it.

    ENTJ intimidation

  7. #57
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    This is actually a serious question, because I dont think that I am behaving in a particularly aggressive way, often I even try to tone down the way I talk, tone down my voice and such. Yet many times people start stuttering when talking to me and I can see the fear in their eyes, though I dont know how to put them at ease in such a situation.

    Some other people, like my ENTP and ISTP friends, usually find hilarious what I do (whatever that is).

    Anyways, I was just wondering what it is that makes us "intimidating" and how ENTJs are perceived from the outside.

    Another point is the supposedly "controlling" behaviour, I am not really sure what "controlling" behaviour even looks like, and I dont think I am controlling of social situations. Most times I will just go along with what other people want to do when socializing, and I try to make sure that everyone is ok with what is decided upon. When with friends I am usually easy going, I actually act a lot like my ESTP friend when we are out having fun, note though that work does not count as "social situation", there I am much more my ENTJ self, and experience that people are afraid of, though I am not sure why.

    I will stop now before I keep on repeating myself, bring on your views and opinions pls.

    What? Your type description is INTJ...So why do you think your are an ENTJ?...Okay that's one point...Next, If you are an ENTJ I would imagine others might be responding to, what I see in an entj friend, and that is an the 'can't not make decisions' approach to many things ENTJs do. So they may be like "why doesn't she just let it be"..I know..I know pygmalion in nature. Being yourself is good though..It gives others to consider different ideas and approaches..Some find this irritating..but who cares? I don't go around trying to please everyone else..That's not your job.

    I suggest listening to others and acknowledging verbally to them their good ideas..that way they see that you 'see' merit in others' perspectives. Also it would help if others would stand up to challenges you may put up. I think you would add a measure of respect towards them for standing up to you. It's just that not many people have the guts. I do but it's not without some thinking and backing up my point of view with logic. So in social circles this may be a problem as they are not something often logic-based.

    That's my view..Don't know if I see that correctly though. I'm not there and can't know because I wasn't there either.

  8. #58
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    What? Your type description is INTJ...So why do you think your are an ENTJ?
    Thread's over a year old.. he's probably changed his type by then.

  9. #59
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    I have noticed people behaving in ways which indicate they find me intimidating, but it's certainly not something I consciously set out to - come across as intimidating, that is. Even on here a few times I've had replies to some of my posts that seemed to have taken them as rude or argumentative when I meant nothing of the sort. Strange disconnect there between how I perceive myself and how others perceive me, sometimes.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Usually it is because they have not matured enough or had enough life experience to have learned that a velvet glove strategically placed is often more productive than an iron fist.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Are ENTJ romantically interested in ENTP?
    By SlytherinD in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 07:55 AM
  2. [ENTJ] How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?
    By ThatGirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 241
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. [ENTJ] Are ENTJs manipulative?
    By theplacesyoullgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 12:50 AM
  4. [ENTJ] Are ENTJ's ever intimidated?
    By INTPness in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 01:38 AM
  5. [ENTJ] How do ENTJs "play"
    By ThatGirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 11:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO