User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    ^ Good points. I tend to be intimidated with most of the XNXJs that I know, merely because I do have respect for their intellect, they're usually certain of their conclusions, and I'm never certain of my own conclusions.

Thus, if they're absolutely certain that they're right, and I'm wrong, my reflex is to figure out where I screwed up, because I'd only even approach certainty with a massive amount of research, and thus apply that assumption to them.
    Were they Extraverts? I'm usually not positive of things either... but I guess I just don't think assumptions that seem reasonable given what I know are really bad. I just assume that if I'm wrong about something, someone will point out why, and then I'll know.

Anyway... how do ENTJ's react if people question them when they say something? Just curious.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Were they Extraverts?
    Yes.

I'm usually not positive of things either... but I guess I just don't think assumptions that seem reasonable given what I know are really bad. I just assume that if I'm wrong about something, someone will point out why, and then I'll know.
    Some of it might be my background as well...I'm not supposed to be smarter than the guys I encounter.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have quite a few ENTJ friends who are considered intimidating because they ALWAYS beleive that they're right. They also tend to be a bit blunt about things and tend to project some sort of air of moral authority. I personally don't find them all that scary at all (I've been told that I'm scarier than they are, which mystifies me!) but I do know some people who are afraid to approach them. One of them gets by rather well because his ISFJ girlfriend tends to smooth things over between him and other people any time he's too blunt about things, my other ENTJ friend tends to smile every time he's gone a bit too far, which makes people seem a bit less offended!

MBTI
    ENTP

^ Good points. I tend to be intimidated with most of the XNXJs that I know, merely because I do have respect for their intellect, they're usually certain of their conclusions, and I'm never certain of my own conclusions.

Thus, if they're absolutely certain that they're right, and I'm wrong, my reflex is to figure out where I screwed up, because I'd only even approach certainty with a massive amount of research, and thus apply that assumption to them.
    I totally relate to that. Even after all these years, it's still the case that when I put something on his desk and go away, no matter how much research I did or how good or perfect or certain I think it is, I'll be convinced he's gonna say it sucks, until I hear "it did the trick", which is his way of saying "fucking ay, that was wicked man, innit!" and heave a huge sigh of relief.

While on the other hand, whenever he gives me anything he goes away confidently convinced that no other response is possible but total acceptance of it and praise. So when that doesn't happen, and he gets "well... it wasn't bad", which he knows is my way of saying "it sucked actually, but I can't be bothered to re-do it so I'm gonna use it anyway", it tends to make him throw a wobbly...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Some of it might be my background as well...I'm not supposed to be smarter than the guys I encounter.
    Actually, from what I've read, the difference on average towards men is something like a 5-8 IQ point advantage at most (which may be due to flawed testing conditions), and you're an INTx... why shouldn't you be as intelligent or more so? I don't get it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, from what I've read, the difference on average towards men is something like a 5-8 IQ point advantage at most (which may be due to flawed testing conditions), and you're an INTx... why shouldn't you be as intelligent or more so? I don't get it.
    Because my parents are conservative Christians, and it's expected that my role will be that of a housewife who helps with the nursery at church, and therefore I have no need of an intellect.

/offtopic

That's a much better way of phrasing things than I could come up with, substitute. I guess I'm somewhat used to that certainty smashing down my ideas...or rough plans, or whatever, because I'm not utterly certain about them.
    We are not poets

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I thought she meant that she wants as boyfriend a guy that is smarter than her.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I thought she meant that she wants as boyfriend a guy that is smarter than her.
    Not necessarily. Merely that I'm expected to consider all guys smarter than me. :steam:
    We are not poets

MBTI
    ESTJ

Were they Extraverts? I'm usually not positive of things either... but I guess I just don't think assumptions that seem reasonable given what I know are really bad. I just assume that if I'm wrong about something, someone will point out why, and then I'll know.

Anyway... how do ENTJ's react if people question them when they say something? Just curious.

I've noticed that they react in one of two ways. If they think you are an analytical thinker- they will carefully explain their reasoning and will listen to your ideas/ opinions.

Otherwise, if not, they will yell out very loudly- "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR QUESTIONS, JUST F**KING DO IT!" At least, I have witnessed this in my sister numerous times. Of course, she is very dainty looking- so when people hear her commanding voice, I think it sends a shiver of fear in the people who are in her presence.

MBTI
    INXP

Not necessarily. Merely that I'm expected to consider all guys smarter than me. :steam:
    Don't you believe it!

Dr G Medical Examiner: Men and Accidents - Yahoo! Video

Catch this episode of "Dr. G: Medical Examiner," if you can. It's all about the mind-bogglingly idiotic things that ordinary men have done that have resulted in their own deaths. Some of the acts described in this episode are truly amazing. The examiner says that these acts of mindlessness are far more typical of males than females.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.