MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL and I think you are totally bias because you've limited her type to NT only..... and no I'm not gonna let that go... I think you should poll the NF's too.... (with less leading)..

No I don't see NT's as cold, cynical, unfeeling unhuman... but they are nowhere near as expresive as Marge when on the show....

NT's express differently thats all....
    Like I said before, I researched her thoroughly before coming to that conclusion. So, no I didn't just say "NT," in fact I never think of temperaments when typing people, really, because the types are so different even with temperaments.

And what does expressiveness have to do with being NT or not? Do not ENTPs express their myriad emotional states, quite openly, very often? If being cold all the time is a criteria for NTness, many people would have to choose another type.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Like I said before, I researched her thoroughly before coming to that conclusion. So, no I didn't just say "NT," in fact I never think of temperaments when typing people, really, because the types are so different even with temperaments.

And what does expressiveness have to do with being NT or not? Do not ENTPs express their myriad of emotional states, quite openly, very often? If being cold all the time is a criteria for NTness, many people would have to choose another type.
    That doens't negate bias at all.....

NT's don't express in the same way, ENTP's are pretty expressive, but they don't express in the same way as NFs...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-ever-why.html

And I've not said they are cold all the time, thats your interpreation of what you think I'm saying. - you are welcome to go back and re-read my posts but you use the word cold, at no point do I....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

That doens't negate bias at all.....

NT's don't express in the same way, ENTP's are pretty expressive, but they don't express in the same way as NFs...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-ever-why.html

And I've not said they are cold all the time, thats your interpreation of what you think I'm saying.
    How is it bias? Please explain...

Lol, so ENTPs can wave their arms, yell to the moon, throw temper tantrums, but the minute a person sheds a tear they are an F type?

MBTI
    ENTP

How is it bias? Please explain...

Lol, so ENTPs can wave their arms, yell to the moon, throw temper tantrums, but the minute a person sheds a tear they are an F type?
    Its biase because you are not checking out your basic assumptions with the NF's, I am just findng it closed - you are going to come to a limited conclusion and then liable to generalise from there rather than testing your own assumptions... which is easy enough to do on site....

F types are liable to be more emotional... ENTP's can be total drama queens but they don't cry very easily... read the link....

FYI - if you look at my previous post's at no point do I say NT's are cold... and it's not something I consider NT's to be at all... They are less expressive emotionaly not unemotional. They express stress differently (yes thats a generalisation)....

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

eNTP for Marjorie I can see. Her I/E divide might be very close, but I have to say I don't think I'm as much like that in terms of expressiveness, but I'm very much an heavily expressed introvert.

Her word usage makes me thing more T than F. On the forum, most of us are extremes in our respective tendencies, so it can be normal to think that most fall under this category, when I think it is the opposite really. Most people are probably a bit more balanced.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Its biase because you are not checking out your basic assumptions with the NF's, I am just findng it closed - you are going to come to a limited conclusion and then liable to generalise from there rather than testing your own assumptions... which is easy enough to do on site....

F types are liable to be more emotional... ENTP's can be total drama queens but they don't cry very easily... read the link....

FYI - if you look at my previous post's at no point do I say NT's are cold... and it's not something I consider NT's to be at all... They are less expressive emotionaly not unemotional. They express stress differently (yes thats a generalisation)....
    Are you checking your basic assumptions? I think it's a given that we all bring assumptions to the table when typing; no way out of it. I don't know what my assumptions about NFs are (if I have any, because I don't do temperaments really). I don't have any investment in her type, I just don't agree with your assessment.

But I'm a little bored of this back and forth, we don't have to agree on this. And I was more asking the INTPs what they thought, not everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    eNTP for Marjorie I can see. Her I/E divide might be very close, but I have to say I don't think I'm as much like that in terms of expressiveness, but I'm very much an heavily expressed introvert.

Her word usage makes me thing more T than F. On the forum, most of us are extremes in our respective tendencies, so it can be normal to think that most fall under this category, when I think it is the opposite really. Most people are probably a bit more balanced.
    She's not an extravert, for sure. She kept to herself the whole show, except to talk with another IxFx contestant, Analeigh. Most people didn't know her well and the other contestants after the show remarked that she seemed to have a wall up.
    What say you?

MBTI
    ENTP

Are you checking your basic assumptions? I think it's a given that we all bring assumptions to the table when typing; no way out of it. I don't know what my assumptions about NFs are (if I have any, because I don't do temperaments really). I don't have any investment in her type, I just don't agree with your assessment.

But I'm a little bored of this back and forth, you have your opinion, I have mine. And I was more asking the INTPs what they thought, not everyone else.
    My basic assumptions are based on professional experience as a researcher... that any peice of research (qual or quant), limits the validity of the answer within the constrains of the research device...

If you go to a bus stop to ask about train timetable, you will get a biase view, the only conclusion you can draw is that bus travelers (ofthe specific route) think of the train timetable....

Hence if you ask and NT if they think Marge is like them - they will tell you what they think is the same or different.

Hence as the NF's if you think she is like them and see the difference, hence testing the premis of one of your basic assumption.

The other assumption, is that the video actually is prepresentative of Marge - and I don't beleive it is enough of a representation to type her (having seen series TV)... in the in house parts of the show you can see more of her basic type (proabably not it all, given it's only TV), so someone who saw her on the show is likely to have more rounded view of her type...

Hence there are two very clear limits to this process.. and the accuracy/validity of your own conclusions because of those limits....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^Okay.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

What say you?
    If she doesn't really like anyone else on the show, it's very understandable she'd avoid them, and people often think NTs "have walls up" simply because they can be unaware as to how they're socially perceived. I'd have to see more though.

There's enough variation within types for me to accept she could be an INTP, one who just channels nervous energy differently. Just that if I were in the same situation, I would be far more reserved, because I hate talking about myself. If the interviewer had asked me about what I thought of the inflationary model of the Big Bang, there's a good chance I can just lose myself and blab away.

MBTI
    INTP

Marjorie seems ENFP to me. But you have to remember that she's a person who's been an outcast most of her life. She's kind of a big ole puppy dog that wants to pounce but has been swatted on the nose with a newspaper everytime she's tried, making her pull back and seem introverted in uncomfortable social situations.

I don't get NT vibes from her at all, and didn't when she was on the show. Plus, if I recall correctly, she and a couple of others threw a big fit about how noooooo one understood them because they were raised in Europe! That's a pretty non-INTP thing to do.
    Something Witty