First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I agree that it can't be over generalised but I know a hell of a lot of NT's (skewed to men but that goes). NT's go into their head... it's how they work... they don't cry buckets... there is a thread on here (which might be ENTPs - have a look). But NTs are uncomfortable with emotions - quite a few struggle to cry at parents funerals and that type of thing, tears are a BIG thing let along complete emotional meltdowns all the time.

Have you posted it to the NF's and see what they think? I am really, really sure she is an F.....

In fairness to your third paragraph, possibly because she was being treated badly by the other girls who were jelous as hell of her..
    Well, if you're talking about mainly men, of course they try to remain composed. They don't have to be an NT to be that way.

No, I don't think she is an NF, and I only posted that as an example of rambling. I analyzed her thoroughly, on and off the show, before coming to my type diagnosis. I could maybe go for INFP, but she would have to be a very atypical one that seems like an INTP and is more concerned with analyzing than idealizing. There is nothing of the idealist in her, quite frankly.

Lol, no one was jealous of her. They all thought she was weird and uber-nerdy, even if some of her photos were good.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Well, if you're talking about mainly men, of course they try to remain composed. They don't have to be an NT to be that way.

No, I don't think she is an NF, and I only posted that as an example of rambling. I analyzed her thoroughly, on and off the show, before coming to my type diagnosis. I could maybe go for INFP, but she would have to be a very atypical one that seems like an INTP and is more concerned with analyzing than idealizing. There is nothing of the idealist in her, quite frankly.

Lol, no one was jealous of her. They all thought she was weird and uber-nerdy, even if some of her photos were good.

NT men are twice as frequent as women in the UK), so I know a fair few women and a LOT of NT men (3 bros and my dad & mum). My best friend (woman); several former bosses (women)... and a few female friends but LOADs of men... senior management is full of them

Ok from me, there is nothing much T like about this women (the empahis on people is just different). NT's value Ingenuity, Autonomy, Calm and Reason).

NFs - Aultrusim, Empathy, Benevolence. She was very emotional, very clingy, she split her cash 50:50 with the other girl - which noone else has done, she allowed the girs to look after when she was drunk (NT's more like to be indepndant).

ANTM contestants I'd say were nT's ( odd possible S)
    Elyse Sewell
    Yaya DaCosta (is a possibility (or ST)- but a softer one)
    Naima Mora (might be an ST)
    Christina Murphy (the frosty one - possibly)
    Mollie Sue Steenis-Gondi (possibly NT)
    Elina Ivanova (NTJ - not sure about your I though)

NT's want people to know they have a brain - Molly sue - particulalr, but also Yaya,Elina and Elyse

Marge = went on a fair bit about her boyriend.

Huh...what's better than an NTP sharing their interests/thoughts? Such amazing things going on in there, I could listen for hours on end even if it's not something I would normally be interested in hearing; the way they explain makes it more intriguing. INTPs tend to make me laugh unintentionally and ENTPs make me laugh intentionally, with their offbeat humor and general observations. I especially like their more philosophical ramblings.

Speaking of ramblings, I strongly suspect Marjorie from America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 is INTP (a little fidgety/nervous, but you get the point):

[YOUTUBE="pD4SsbRkado"]America's Next Top Model Interview - Marjorie[/YOUTUBE]
    I could see her as an INTP under stress. I mean, this isn't like we are seeing her true every day self. This is a person who is not used to being in the spotlight doing an interview on camera to be broadcast to the world. I could definitely see some of the nervous energy that I produce in an "on the spot" situation in her mannerisms and rambles.

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, one INTP says it's like them, one says it's not. So 1-1.
    I'm less excitable than her for sure but the fast and rambly talking seemed pretty similar. I'm possibly more comfortable with talking to others and doing public speaking, hence I don't get that fidgety when under stress - but I'm quite a bit older than she is.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    I'd never thought I was an INTP, I've always believed I was much too emotional (F). But I very easily related to your post. I'm too new to alt this to be able to write something that makes sense probably.

Can someone explain to me which function that urges us to share thoughts? With no regard to type?

MBTI
    ENTP

not deliberatly trying to but Lauren, but Julia, I'm pretty sure Marge on the video is an F type...

On the video her movements etc scream of being a super anxious P type...

On the actual programme itself she is very emotional which is isn't on the video...

So you may well be an F type

Sorry Lauren, I'll leave you to beleive she's a T

MBTI
    xxxx

not deliberatly trying to but Lauren, but Julia, I'm pretty sure Marge on the video is an F type...
    Sorry, tinkerbell. I wasn't thinking about the video at all. I was only responding to the post I was quoting. (Actually, I haven't seen the video. I couldn't care less about tv and models, no offence.) But I'm sure it's an interesting example for learning more about the different types, though. I'm not just there yet, I know too little of this stuff at the moment.

MBTI
    ENTP

S'Ok - wasn't paying enough attention... I don't care about models either I watch is as my trash TV, I work in a very heavy area so I need to stiwch off and do so by wattching rather naff TV.... And I don't care how other people judge me ...... although it surprised people

PS - have a look at the video, it's intresting as a "human" subject type thing... I think Lauren is practicing her typing people.....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

PS - have a look at the video, it's intresting as a "human" subject type thing... I think Lauren is practicing her typing people.....
    Psshh...I got this down!

I do think you're being too rigid in your terms of what an NT is, i.e. a cold, cynical, unfeeling unhuman. I've known NTs from the coldest to the warmest. Showing a few human frailties does not mean someone is not a thinking type.

MBTI
    ENTP

Psshh...I got this down!

I do think you're being too rigid in your terms of what an NT is, i.e. a cold, cynical, unfeeling unhuman. I've known NTs from the coldest to the warmest.
    LOL and I think you are totally bias because you've limited her type to NT only..... and no I'm not gonna let that go... I think you should poll the NF's too.... (with less leading)..

No I don't see NT's as cold, cynical, unfeeling unhuman... but they are nowhere near as expresive as Marge when on the show....

NT's express differently thats all....