User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 66

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

    After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    My parents get sick of it the most, dad has no interest mum usually thinks I'm trying to argue with her... still doesn't understand the concept of debate for knowledge seeking

  2. #22
    Senior Member Cypocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

    After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    Being an INTP who needs to develop more extroversion, I learned that there's an anti-social side to this behavior. Kinda gives the impression that I'm a know-it-all and it could irk people off.

    What I do now these days is that I refrain from telling people what I know when not needed, but still, I force extrovert myself to show people my idiosyncrasies (not necessarily the know-it-all part of me). Consequently, intuitives get to notice me more. That's just when I start talking.

  3. #23
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    I tend to hide most of it, except on the rare occasion when I find someone who's somewhat interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Speaking of ramblings, I strongly suspect Marjorie from America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 is INTP (a little fidgety/nervous, but you get the point):

    [YOUTUBE="pD4SsbRkado"]America's Next Top Model Interview - Marjorie[/YOUTUBE]
    <3 She moves her arms a LOT, my god. But yeah, that's a somewhat typical ramble I guess. I have a tendency to speak even faster than she does (but I prefer fast speakers, otherwise I get bored and zone out).
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

    After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    For the most part, it doesn't bother me. I enjoy listening and watching the body language when someone is going off on a tangent, i am truly fascinated with it. I possibly will not have a clue what you are talking about so i will ask questions. I like it. If what you speak of bores me though, i'll just tell you.

    Don't worry about what others think (lol, i am laughing at myself for saying that). Those little snippets of information are really interesting to know so share them with others who are just curious by nature.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  5. #25
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Huh...what's better than an NTP sharing their interests/thoughts? Such amazing things going on in there, I could listen for hours on end even if it's not something I would normally be interested in hearing; the way they explain makes it more intriguing. INTPs tend to make me laugh unintentionally and ENTPs make me laugh intentionally, with their offbeat humor and general observations. I especially like their more philosophical ramblings.

    Speaking of ramblings, I strongly suspect Marjorie from America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 is INTP (a little fidgety/nervous, but you get the point):

    [YOUTUBE="pD4SsbRkado"]America's Next Top Model Interview - Marjorie[/YOUTUBE]
    Wobble-wobble-chicken-arms.

    INTP home schooled model, huh?
    How did this happen? I'd need to see how she reacts outside of an interview.

  6. #26
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    I'd say Marge was an xNFP - she spent a fair amount of time in the series crying. I'd think E but she may be an I type SERIOUSLY over compensating...

    The fitgetting thing is classic NP - I've seen ENFP's twitch this much too (but also ENTPS)... She lack the seriousness of thought

  7. #27
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I've never heard an INFP ramble like that before.

    ENFP.

  8. #28
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Definitely! I'll read some really cool fact and want to share it with someone but then I realize that most people probably don't care. Or I'll mention it to someone and they'll say something like, "Hmm. Cool. So, how have you been?"

    There should be a 24-hour hotline where you can call and talk to other people of a similar type about such things.
    I'll take that job gladly, if you're willing to compromise to 8 hours a day and it pays well

    Seriously, I love learning new things and enjoy sharing, though I admit that on really abstract and mathematical things I won't be more than a sounding board, as I won't be able to keep up with you..but I'm willing to listen

    Btw, this is also why a lot of people blog
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #29
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'll take that job gladly, if you're willing to compromise to 8 hours a day and it pays well

    Seriously, I love learning new things and enjoy sharing, though I admit that on really abstract and mathematical things I won't be more than a sounding board, as I won't be able to keep up with you..but I'm willing to listen

    Btw, this is also why a lot of people blog
    For the love of god, I just can not uphold a blog of any kind for longer than a week.. Even if it is in my interest zone!

    I much prefer direct feedback.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #30
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    <3 She moves her arms a LOT, my god. But yeah, that's a somewhat typical ramble I guess. I have a tendency to speak even faster than she does (but I prefer fast speakers, otherwise I get bored and zone out).
    Yes, she tends to move her arms when she speaks; very "mental," type of person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    Wobble-wobble-chicken-arms.

    INTP home schooled model, huh?
    How did this happen? I'd need to see how she reacts outside of an interview.
    You know, just the usual -- modeling scout goes to the bookstore to find and "ordinary" girl, sees her and says "Hey, do you want to model?"

    She is more composed outside of interviews, but still somewhat fidgety in new situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'd say Marge was an xNFP - she spent a fair amount of time in the series crying. I'd think E but she may be an I type SERIOUSLY over compensating...

    The fitgetting thing is classic NP - I've seen ENFP's twitch this much too (but also ENTPS)... She lack the seriousness of thought
    Lol, no. Where do you pull your typings out of? It's called nerves, everyone has them, not just Fs. Especially when you are on a show like that; I know someone that was on a cycle and they said the whole thing was very grueling. She has them more than others because she is used to being alone and is nervous around other people. And E...you've got to be kidding. She was the most introverted person on the show.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?
    By brainheart in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
  2. [INTP] In social situations do any other INTP's ever feel inept, naive, and too trusting?
    By Paris34 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 06:57 PM
  3. [INTP] Met any other fellow INTPs lately?
    By Ntuitive in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM
  4. [E5] Do any other 5s do this?
    By acronach in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 03:25 AM
  5. [INFP] Do any other INFP's feel like this?
    By Soar337 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO