User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, man. Me, for sure. More so when I was a kid/teen. My mother was always such a good listener--I don't know how she did it, looking back. She never once acted bored.

The internet really is perfect for finding kindred spirits. So is college/grad school.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    Oh yeah definitely, I get that all the time. What's even worse is when in a conversation I make connections towards, or metaphors with seemingly unrelated subjects, and my sensor friends just give me a blank stare and tell me I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    No, but I'll definitely suggest it to him. I'm gonna guess he'll just give me a blank stare: ... and then secretly try it some time.
    Yes... Yes he will.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Definitely! I'll read some really cool fact and want to share it with someone but then I realize that most people probably don't care. Or I'll mention it to someone and they'll say something like, "Hmm. Cool. So, how have you been?"
    I hate it when they give you the polite the blow-off.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I enjoy sharing my discoveries/interests, but often I feel as though I bore people with them. I'd rather not annoy anyone with my chatter, in fact I'm self-conscious about it. But often times the urge to share some tidbit of information, some odd detail of an equally odd interest, becomes difficult to contain.
    I go off on tangents usually, often themed, like recently: mountaineering has been my theme. And so I learn about people, techniques, famous climbs, future plans. And I share these ideas with people I know well, and to a lesser extent with others. I feel like the detail I go into might be considered "obsessive", however it doesn't feel so in the least to me. And I become concerned that my talk is oppressive, but honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share my thoughts. The mere idea is depressing.

After writing this down I'm not sure where its going, or what the topic of discussion is precisely. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it an odd trait for someone of the INTP persuasion?
    Holy crap, I can totally relate. Most of my friends think I'm elusive and/or mysterious because I don't talk much about my life or interests. But really, I am just sparing them what I feel will be a complete snoozefest. When I start to ramble about things in depth... good lord, watch out - because I can really go in depth about many things, and from my experience, people tend to like things more topical and/or superficial.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Holy crap, I can totally relate. Most of my friends think I'm elusive and/or mysterious because I don't talk much about my life or interests. But really, I am just sparing them what I feel will be a complete snoozefest. When I start to ramble about things in depth... good lord, watch out - because I can really go in depth about many things, and from my experience, people tend to like things more topical and/or superficial.
    Truth be told! I know that people will think I'm boring, so I don't tell them anything. Maybe that's why my coworkers don't really talk to me... but still think I'm great?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

All the time. Procrastinating on the internet doesn't seem to work for me irl. I can talk to people about all kinds of things. But when it comes to my interests, it often doesn't interest people or it is met with feigned interest. Which is extremely annoying. To the point of me almost never bothering sharing my interests.

People I know that would be genuinly interested I have no trouble sharing them with.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I could obsessively talk your ear off about every damned obscure topic ever. In fact, I often do this when I meet another INTP and we connect on a certain topic of shared interest.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP

I send people the longest damned replies in PM's. In real life I will gab forever if there is a slight hint that the person may be into the same obscure interest.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Huh...what's better than an NTP sharing their interests/thoughts? Such amazing things going on in there, I could listen for hours on end even if it's not something I would normally be interested in hearing; the way they explain makes it more intriguing. INTPs tend to make me laugh unintentionally and ENTPs make me laugh intentionally, with their offbeat humor and general observations. I especially like their more philosophical ramblings.

Speaking of ramblings, I strongly suspect Marjorie from America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 is INTP (a little fidgety/nervous, but you get the point):

[YOUTUBE="pD4SsbRkado"]America's Next Top Model Interview - Marjorie[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

yea, i've always been a little afraid i talk people to death...
    hasn't happened so far, though
    other NT is a good listener for that kind of things, believe me.