User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are yeu a gamer girl?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Gamer girl - NT!

18 20.00%
  • Yes - Gamer girl - Non-NT!

12 13.33%
  • No - not into games - NT

9 10.00%
  • No - not into games - Non-NT

2 2.22%
  • No - I'm a guy

49 54.44%
First 3456 Last

Thread: Gamer girls

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

This reminds me of back in the day when people didn't think women were capable of writing or shouldn't write...

But anyway, yeah, I love video games, or watching other people play video games (like those survival fps games). My favorites are Final Fantasy and other types of rpg's, and I play Guild Wars on the comp. sometimes. There's also this other I play called La Tale that's sort of like Maplestory, except a million times better.

Escapism.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I feel like if I dont play a FPS game then I'm not a "gamer" girl. I play social games ( I did some perfect world for a while, and messed with WoW for a bit) - I make my money online playing games. I still don't really play FPS.

I played the original Warcraft (1 player) and C&C. I played Civ II <-- so awesome. And Dune (The spice!) I met my spouse online in '90 and remember 300 baud.

But I still don't technically consider myself a gamer girl. I guess it's really just over the top FPS-love to me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

I'm not sure if there are a lot of girls that use computers. On one hand, my mother and grandmother aren't very good with them. Well, my mother can fix the hardware, but doesn't "get" the software.
    lol. I'm pretty sure that 99+% of girls (and boys) born after...1985 or so are pretty decent with computers. Maybe earlier. It's pretty much essential.

Unless you mean for fun, like surfing and gaming. But still, quite a few. It's just the older generations that aren't as comfortable with them.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    lol. I'm pretty sure that 99+% of girls (and boys) born after...1985 or so are pretty decent with computers. Maybe earlier. It's pretty much essential.

Unless you mean for fun, like surfing and gaming. But still, quite a few. It's just the older generations that aren't as comfortable with them.
    Think I have to disagree on the numbers, but I do agree that the 'comfort with computers' is going up significantly. The issue of gender roles is slowly dissolving as well but it's just that, slow.

If we didn't have gender roles, we wouldn't have to endure both sides of the extreemes on this crap... of those that are like ZOMG NO GIRL GAMERS EXIST, and the ones that're like YEAH IMMA GIRL PLAYINGZ A GAYUM LOLOLOL all the time -_-

If it was just normal we could shut both up >.<

I'd rather like things to speed up some and remove this ridiculousness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I feel like if I dont play a FPS game then I'm not a "gamer" girl. I play social games ( I did some perfect world for a while, and messed with WoW for a bit) - I make my money online playing games. I still don't really play FPS.

I played the original Warcraft (1 player) and C&C. I played Civ II <-- so awesome. And Dune (The spice!) I met my spouse online in '90 and remember 300 baud.

But I still don't technically consider myself a gamer girl. I guess it's really just over the top FPS-love to me.
    Hmm... what about playing Final Fantasy or the Legend of Zelda series? Surely that qualifies someone as a gamer.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I used to consider myself quite the gamer... but I get too addicted. I'm gaming-free for a whole year now! And I'm gonna guess the gamer thing comes from dominant Ti for me
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Lasting_Pain

I am trying to meet women who are intrested in games, but Memphis isn't exactly the perfect place to look for them. I am going to have to wait until I move out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I would never consider myself a gamer girl, but I still like video games. Of course, when I mean video games I am referring mostly to super nintendo and nintendo 64 stuff. I also had an atari growing up so I played a few games on that as well (that was my personal console for a long time.)

But I don't consider liking a few James Bond shooter games or Super Mario World the same as being a gamer. I have never gotten into online gaming and don't think I ever will. Same for computer gaming. I have a few FOSS games, but aside from that, nothing else.

That being said I think it would be fun to play some games on a date or when hanging out with friends. Not all the time, but occasionally. I never had a long enough attention span to play video games for hours at a time (my brother on the other hand... all day long).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I'm gaming-free for a whole year now!
    Do you think you'll stay that way for the rest of your life, and be happier for it?

your resident asshole

I don't know if I'd consider myself a "gaming girl," but I do enjoy a good video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni
    And yet... "zomg no wai u r not a gurl they dont play gamez lololol".
    Haha. I've got things like that before. Like the classic, "there am no gurlz on teh internets."