• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Gamer girls

Are yeu a gamer girl?

• Yes - Gamer girl - NT!

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Yes - Gamer girl - Non-NT!

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • No - not into games - NT

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • No - not into games - Non-NT

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No - I'm a guy

Votes: 47 54.7%

• Total voters

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This reminds me of back in the day when people didn't think women were capable of writing or shouldn't write...

But anyway, yeah, I love video games, or watching other people play video games (like those survival fps games). My favorites are Final Fantasy and other types of rpg's, and I play Guild Wars on the comp. sometimes. There's also this other I play called La Tale that's sort of like Maplestory, except a million times better.

:) Escapism.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I feel like if I dont play a FPS game then I'm not a "gamer" girl. I play social games ( I did some perfect world for a while, and messed with WoW for a bit) - I make my money online playing games. I still don't really play FPS.

I played the original Warcraft (1 player) and C&C. I played Civ II <-- so awesome. And Dune (The spice!) I met my spouse online in '90 and remember 300 baud.

But I still don't technically consider myself a gamer girl. I guess it's really just over the top FPS-love to me.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if there are a lot of girls that use computers. On one hand, my mother and grandmother aren't very good with them. Well, my mother can fix the hardware, but doesn't "get" the software.
lol. I'm pretty sure that 99+% of girls (and boys) born after...1985 or so are pretty decent with computers. Maybe earlier. It's pretty much essential.

Unless you mean for fun, like surfing and gaming. But still, quite a few. It's just the older generations that aren't as comfortable with them.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
lol. I'm pretty sure that 99+% of girls (and boys) born after...1985 or so are pretty decent with computers. Maybe earlier. It's pretty much essential.

Unless you mean for fun, like surfing and gaming. But still, quite a few. It's just the older generations that aren't as comfortable with them.

Think I have to disagree on the numbers, but I do agree that the 'comfort with computers' is going up significantly. The issue of gender roles is slowly dissolving as well but it's just that, slow.

If we didn't have gender roles, we wouldn't have to endure both sides of the extreemes on this crap... of those that are like ZOMG NO GIRL GAMERS EXIST, and the ones that're like YEAH IMMA GIRL PLAYINGZ A GAYUM LOLOLOL all the time -_-

If it was just normal we could shut both up >.<

I'd rather like things to speed up some and remove this ridiculousness.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like if I dont play a FPS game then I'm not a "gamer" girl. I play social games ( I did some perfect world for a while, and messed with WoW for a bit) - I make my money online playing games. I still don't really play FPS.

I played the original Warcraft (1 player) and C&C. I played Civ II <-- so awesome. And Dune (The spice!) I met my spouse online in '90 and remember 300 baud.

But I still don't technically consider myself a gamer girl. I guess it's really just over the top FPS-love to me.

Hmm... what about playing Final Fantasy or the Legend of Zelda series? Surely that qualifies someone as a gamer.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to consider myself quite the gamer... but I get too addicted. I'm gaming-free for a whole year now! :D And I'm gonna guess the gamer thing comes from dominant Ti for me

L

Lasting_Pain

I am trying to meet women who are intrested in games, but Memphis isn't exactly the perfect place to look for them. I am going to have to wait until I move out.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would never consider myself a gamer girl, but I still like video games. Of course, when I mean video games I am referring mostly to super nintendo and nintendo 64 stuff. I also had an atari growing up so I played a few games on that as well (that was my personal console for a long time.)

But I don't consider liking a few James Bond shooter games or Super Mario World the same as being a gamer. I have never gotten into online gaming and don't think I ever will. Same for computer gaming. I have a few FOSS games, but aside from that, nothing else.

That being said I think it would be fun to play some games on a date or when hanging out with friends. Not all the time, but occasionally. I never had a long enough attention span to play video games for hours at a time (my brother on the other hand... all day long).

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't know if I'd consider myself a "gaming girl," but I do enjoy a good video game.

Katsuni said:
And yet... "zomg no wai u r not a gurl they dont play gamez lololol".
Haha. I've got things like that before. Like the classic, "there am no gurlz on teh internets." :alttongue:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
See I think my definition's a little broad on the matter, compared to whot most people think of it as...

I consider 'gaming girl' to just cover 'any female who considers video games a valid form of entertainment' rather than those who are like 'why do yeu waste yeur time on that crap?'.

Being willing to just play occasionally, and grasp that it can be FUN is all that's required in my opinion to fall under the category... though I suppose the term really should be more specific on the matter, but I like to think otherwise. Because only my opinion matters. And it is law! *Pounds gavel around BAM BAM BAM* See just like that! =D

Unique

We will see more and more of this really, guitar hero, wiis etc

It makes sense though... they finally worked out there's a much larger market than they originally thought

TBH though there have always been great unisex games around who remembers some of the old N64 classics? I really liked zelda OOT that game never gets old

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think you'll stay that way for the rest of your life, and be happier for it?

Haha... not for the rest of my life. I figure, I'll feel less guilty playing games when I get a job.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Haha... not for the rest of my life. I figure, I'll feel less guilty playing games when I get a job.

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean there. I haven't played them since I started looking for a job either. It's hard to find one, though. :(