User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are yeu a gamer girl?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Gamer girl - NT!

18 20.00%
  • Yes - Gamer girl - Non-NT!

12 13.33%
  • No - not into games - NT

9 10.00%
  • No - not into games - Non-NT

2 2.22%
  • No - I'm a guy

49 54.44%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Gamer girls

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Gamer girls are tempting as long as they don't freak out and send projectiles everywhere when they lose...

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Die-hard RPG fan, my hero was Lara Croft growing up, I think FF7 is the best game created at it's time, and I play Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering for you table-top types.

I think I qualify .. Wait. Why am I the only NF that voted yes?!
    They're still consoling each other in other parts of the forums.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phantonym

Gamer girl here (although I think I'd call myself dormant at the moment)! Guilty I'd never be ashamed to admit it.
    Let's just say that I was hooked from the first second I played some video game in the early 90s. And it's developed from then on and I do enjoy it and consider it great entertainment.
    But I've also tried to keep it under control for the past five years or so (by not upgrading my computer and having a really crappy Internet connection) because I already know I'd get really into it and it would start to seriously interfere with things in "real life".

Hmm. Thinking about it brings back good memories, though. Being a teenager ten years ago, playing Half-Life three times in a row, hardly sleeping for days...vivid memories...good times...

FigerPuppet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Nice smiley XD

And yes I totally feel the same way about people who just DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

Normally I don't even comment on it at all, I just get grrrr when people make a big deal out of it like "zomg it's impossible!" It's like... no... it's fairly normal these days... just be quiet and let me go back to enjoying myself without being harassed constantly >.>

However, there's people who just NEED the attention. I knew one girl who did this with being a lesbian... like EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION multiple times! She'd point it out as often as possible! It was like gahhhhh we don't care! Yes I'm happy for yeu, now BE QUIET ABOUT IT ;_;

But that's mostly not why I made the post, moreso the opposite where when yeu even mention it by accident and everyone goes nuts. I kind of didn't want to touch too much on the people who are like "lookit meeeeee!". Though I can see the post comming off that way now >.<

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I play WoW. I have to go check my mail and see if my herbs sold now.

I didn't read the whole original post. Attention span too short.

I started playing WoW less than a year ago and I like it pretty well. I don't like non-MMOs and I don't pvp much, mostly because I'm not very good. WoW is something I hope I can continue playing with my kids after they start to leave home. I have four kids so we are just right for 5-mans.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I play WoW. I have to go check my mail and see if my herbs sold now.

I didn't read the whole original post. Attention span too short.

I started playing WoW less than a year ago and I like it pretty well. I don't like non-MMOs and I don't pvp much, mostly because I'm not very good. WoW is something I hope I can continue playing with my kids after they start to leave home. I have four kids so we are just right for 5-mans.
    So LFG is a common term around the house?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

I have to admit, I can't see the appeal in RPGs at all. I do love me some Guitar Hero, though. I used to play Nintendo growing up, but not as often as my sister. I would get bored/frustrated.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Call me oblivious, but I never noticed there was ever a shortage of gamer girls... well, until all these threads multiplied themselves over the internet. I've always enjoyed gaming, so I didn't exercise much thought over the gender politics of this industry.

When observing the trends, it's clear that the game developers have been catering to the general male audience, and they gradually became the standardized target over the years. The guy gamers were evidently conspicuous enough to earn a seat upon the advertising table. With the introduction of a 'new' active audience, we should remember the industry is still accustomed to what was, and they are trying to adapt to the requests of their 'newest' contributing fans without loosing touch with the mainstream. Yes, they won't immediately understand the dynamics of the females and other minority groups, yet through time these individuals will assimilate into the standards. As soon as this occurs, I'm sure it would be almost ridiculous for an ordinary gamer to say, "zomg no wai u r not a gurl they dont play gamez lololol".

Take the social movements of the 60s, for instance. Are these sentiments as 'unusual' now as they were back then?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I dislike gaming. I remember ever since my first computer game when I was younger that It takes me one day to complete the game or figure out a way to cheat through. And that did not help when I discovered that the internet had cheat guides.
    Usually, games start boring me after 5 minutes, Repeating actions to win the game- tiresome! I learned my lesson however, I shouldn't be buying anything related to gaming, otherwise after a day, I would not use it anymore.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    So LFG is a common term around the house?
    Only the extrovert!

Oh, and the comic. They love that and I've heard "Slaughter Your World" on youtube quite a few times. The poor things have grown up on parodies and know no better!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers