• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP = the child of someone rich?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*plays with little cars*

vroom, vroom... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Kaboom. Taaatuuuutaaatuuutaaatuuu! Eeeeerrrrwwwhhhhhh! mumble mumble mumble...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I got a sticker on my car saying "Sponsored by Dad" :D

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Honestly I never cared for mechano. Or the technic lego.

Space set lego 4tw. I loved all the special pieces, they looked so neat ^^

Could repurpose so much stuffs to be ships and things =3

Sadly the 'fantasy' stuff was total crap... all the blocks were junk like castle walls or just people in armour, there was virtually no actual STUFF to build... it was just a few large pieces that fit togeather in rather limited ways -_-;

Defeats the whole purpose of lego doesn't it?

Technics and mechano didn't meet my aesthetic preferances, though K'nex had some value, it didn't come out until after I was mostly past my need for it. Though honestly, if I had $1000, I'd probably blow it on more lego/k'nex XD

Things like cars, dolls, etc... never had much interest in such. Though I did love transformers. I didn't use them to 'play' with like fighting or anything, I just would transform them back and forth over and over hundreds of times in a row, and normally wouldn't ever look at the instructions. Those 3d wood puzzles were <3 too.

Generally just 'doing' stuff or 'making' stuff is important. To be able to show that something was made... even if noone sees it, as long as I know I created something, I'm happy =3

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't find the bit I wanted to share with you about the nature of childhood thought being about expansion, which then gets curbed....

Some other bits you might find interesting....
Ode to a J- type
Beware of the man who says he has twenty years of experience what what he should be saying is he has one year’s experience repeated twenty times....

In Ulysses James Joyce exploited the fact that we don’t think in words, and even if Ulysses is so complex as to be inaccessible (a least to me), it must still be a gross simplification of the much of muddled thought constantly churning, tumbling and swirling around in our heads.
Paradoxically education allocates more value to logic and analytics skills than to imaginative conjecture. This law is held in esteem whereas art, or design, is considered a fiddly, fussy, arty-crafty activity of minor intellectual endeavour. An attitude with attitude.... particularly perverse since analysis looks backwards while design looks forwards.

The conventional thinking we are taught (and conditioned to think) employs what Edward de Bono calls “rock logic”. Rocks being solid, hard, permanents, inert and unchanging. Like bricks, rocks can be added on to of one another to build structures. However there is also “water logic”. This is fluid and flows according to gradient (context), and assumed form according to space (circumstance). If you add one rock to another you get two; if you add water to water, it changes shape. Rocks analogous to a page of accounts and water to a piece of poetry.

The former has units that add up a conclusion, the later has images which conjure up perceptions. One isn’t better than the other; its horses for courses.

All: The art of looking sideways

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My parents definatly weren't rich. At first we were about average or just below then my mmum left to look after me and my sisters and my dad became redundant so we were really poor. Then he started a software buisness with some people and we had ups and down but overall average now better than average. So i've never been a rich kid.

ENTP's are supposidly the lest likely to be able to manage money. They are usually quite good at making it... but lousy at managing. I belive that all NT's mature slower than other types so ENTPs are likely to have some dependancy on their parents longer perhaps. I can't say I filtched but they did help out occationally - but not abnromally so.

I suspect the ENTP financial management is because they quite like to spend, and have an instant gratification issue going on.... but thats just a hypothesis.

See the thing is i'm quite good with money or I was. When i had hardely any (£20 a month) I was able to save up £270 in year with about £80 from xmas/bday. And before that i saved about £150 in a year.

Mind you since gettin a decent amount of money i've got worse but still quite good.

tinkerbell why do you think NTs are slower to mature? NTs seem to me to be considered more mature in general as kids by adults.

Really? I'm 17 and I'm moving out this saturday. Almost did last year as well but then went back for my last year of school.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Granted I only know two ENTPs IRL. But I think they are the most independent creatures I've ever known, especially when it comes to separating themselves from their parents and their supposedly fortune. Although, both of them are absolutely terrible with holding on to their money, they have never asked for money from their parents. (However, they don't pay their rent either..) Both of them work in the gaming industry. Come to think of it, one of them did ask his dad to go halfsis on his vasectomy last Christmas.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well to continue on the 'money and entp' theme. I do have a gift to find money when i need it while not ever having a 'real' side job.
I'd always manage to either 'make money' through various means (short term investments basically) or get those over paid ponctual jobs where people liking me seems to be be a suspicious constant and explanation as for why I get the job to begin with.

And last but not least, I can pretty much smoothly make people buy me stuff, I'm not 'proud' of it or anything, i'm not trying to use, but well it's just part of who I am. Denying it would be like having pretty girls wear ugly masks because of some weak egalitarian self endoctrination

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
CJ99, when I say NT's don't mature quick, I mean a bit later than the teen to young adult thing, I mean the full blown adult. I left home at 17... for nursing school, thats not what I mean.

Other types (perhaps it's the S types), take on life's responciblities of adulthood faster (marraige, responcible jobs etc). A lot fot the NT's I know/read about don't really grow into their brains until later.... they change jobs a lot because they get board and then settle once they get a real challenge that absorbes them. I'm not able to cite a source for the late maturity, maybe it is in some of the profiles I've read or Keirsey... might be either, but it is certainly what I ahve witnessed. ENTP's are said to not come into their own until their early 40's....

Good luck with the move....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
And last but not least, I can pretty much smoothly make people buy me stuff, I'm not 'proud' of it or anything, i'm not trying to use, but well it's just part of who I am. Denying it would be like having pretty girls wear ugly masks because of some weak egalitarian self endoctrination

Eck - don't knock yourself, being able to sell your wares is a good thing. Nothing imporper about selling stuff you do - its simply commerce.

ENTPs are suppose to be good at making money, because they are multi talented I guess they can do a lot of things therefore have options open to them. I wonder if that is more of a problem than a gift... never being able to have a main front facing ambition.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
CJ99, when I say NT's don't mature quick, I mean a bit later than the teen to young adult thing, I mean the full blown adult. I left home at 17... for nursing school, thats not what I mean.

Other types (perhaps it's the S types), take on life's responciblities of adulthood faster (marraige, responcible jobs etc). A lot fot the NT's I know/read about don't really grow into their brains until later.... they change jobs a lot because they get board and then settle once they get a real challenge that absorbes them. I'm not able to cite a source for the late maturity, maybe it is in some of the profiles I've read or Keirsey... might be either, but it is certainly what I ahve witnessed. ENTP's are said to not come into their own until their early 40's....

There's nothing I fear more than get settled in my ways, not to question things, become dogmatic.

I really think late maturity is a very low price to pay for the privilege of continuous self growth and actualization through one's life.
That's what I live for, and whatever persona people around me see when interacting with me, it still remains the core of my personality. And at the center of it is probably the well known 'entp boredom' which can be in my opinion a wonderful drive. *goes on to write the entp manifesto*

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

Ah you mean it in a settling down way. Yeah I can see that, I dant to do the whole young proffessional thing till atleast my thirties and have loads of different jobs.. Too be fair the whole Kid to teen thing only happened last year or to for me. Before I was still just a very mature 13/14 year old rather than a normal 15/16 year old if you get the difference.

I was just suprised because I've always been quite mature. My mates convinced there mums to let them go to Zante on holiday by saying I was going which worked because I was considered mature.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ah you mean it in a settling down way. Yeah I can see that. Too be fair the whole Kid to teen thing only happened last year or to for me. Before I was still just a very mature 13/14 year old rather than a normal 15/16 year old if you get the difference.

I was just suprised because I've always been quite mature. My mates convinced there mums to let them go to Zante on holiday by saying I was going which worked because I was considered mature.

That's not what she meant, you'll get it in a few years.
She's talking about maturity to adulthood, not purely intellectual maturity.
It's when one acquires a hum, center of gravity I guess.

edit: didn't read your first line, or maybe u've changed it i don't know. nevermind most of my post, or see it as an alternative answer to what you said, orso.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes - Eck is right, I meant maturing into full blown adulhood. Right now you are moving toward young adulhood. But after that you move into mature adulthood, marry, have kids, have a stable job, be a real grown up....:)

Difficult for P types...

Eck I'm with you time you spend before you settle is a treasure....

I'm totally bummed, I can't for the life of me see the bit about baby/kids thinking being unstructured wich allows a wider understanding... I only read it about 10 days ago... really annoying....

Are none of you ENTP type going to add to the useless information thread (not a lot of people know that).... I'd have thought you lot would have a ton of useless info....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Eck I'm with you time you spend before you settle is a treasure....

I personally think it's exactly that kind of attitude in people that create a lot of problems in marriage and later life later on.

I am very allergic to that sentence, cause I think if one thinks that way, he or she should never attempt marriage. Cause in the end, noone forces you in any way.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I personally think it's exactly that kind of attitude in people that create a lot of problems in marriage and later life later on.

I am very allergic to that sentence, cause I think if one thinks that way, he or she should never attempt marriage. Cause in the end, noone forces you in any way.

The first course of a meal doesn't make the rest of the meal any less important, yet it can make the meal as a whole better. Nobody said anything about being forced into things, it was just one's own lifestyle choices as opposed to the shall we say normalized average behavior and societal inertia (past , culture, peer pressure..)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ent

Don't worry I'll be done with that before I take the plunge... :D

It's actually fategue of that which will probably tip me...

I'm not prone to comparision, when I'm in a relationship I'm in it, mind body and spirit, when I'm not I'm happy as well, it's no until I'm unhappy of being single that I get into another realtionship... Trouble is I'm a pretty contented person...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You of all people know it best.

I personally dont think about life being separated in several stages, like as "this is my partieing phase" and now comes the "marriage phase". A lot of people around here where I live do tho and they all got a striking resemblance with the SP type descriptions.

I want to be known as a man of integrity and coherance in the decisions I make and if that will leave me in the end with no woman at all, cause my attitude was too rigid, at least I stuck to my principles that for example sex wont give me anything, if it isnt with a woman I love, as opposed to with a lot of woman.

I am talking so concise about it, not because of you now, but because its a problem I have witnessed some times around here where I live and it resulted in a lot of people not being able to conduct a healthy relationship later on + me having to suffer from them whining :).

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Cmon entrop, you should be the first to know that I just don't think a 'geniune entp' whatever it is would ever say something like 'A is different from B' out of a close ended analysis situation (1+1=2 like). I think in webs and i'm pretty sure it's the case for most of 'us' here
I just use categories when arguing about something using widely accepted social conventions to carry a simple message. Every such category falls appart as soon as they're not efficient to carry the message with enough accuracy anymore.

You're confusing us with estj or something *acts hurt* :laugh: