User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    CJ99, when I say NT's don't mature quick, I mean a bit later than the teen to young adult thing, I mean the full blown adult. I left home at 17... for nursing school, thats not what I mean.

Other types (perhaps it's the S types), take on life's responciblities of adulthood faster (marraige, responcible jobs etc). A lot fot the NT's I know/read about don't really grow into their brains until later.... they change jobs a lot because they get board and then settle once they get a real challenge that absorbes them. I'm not able to cite a source for the late maturity, maybe it is in some of the profiles I've read or Keirsey... might be either, but it is certainly what I ahve witnessed. ENTP's are said to not come into their own until their early 40's....

Good luck with the move....
    There's nothing I fear more than get settled in my ways, not to question things, become dogmatic.

I really think late maturity is a very low price to pay for the privilege of continuous self growth and actualization through one's life.
    That's what I live for, and whatever persona people around me see when interacting with me, it still remains the core of my personality. And at the center of it is probably the well known 'entp boredom' which can be in my opinion a wonderful drive. *goes on to write the entp manifesto*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's a subculture.
    I'd love to get in on some of that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

CJ99, when I say NT's don't mature quick, I mean a bit later than the teen to young adult thing, I mean the full blown adult. I left home at 17... for nursing school, thats not what I mean.

Other types (perhaps it's the S types), take on life's responciblities of adulthood faster (marraige, responcible jobs etc). A lot fot the NT's I know/read about don't really grow into their brains until later.... they change jobs a lot because they get board and then settle once they get a real challenge that absorbes them. I'm not able to cite a source for the late maturity, maybe it is in some of the profiles I've read or Keirsey... might be either, but it is certainly what I ahve witnessed. ENTP's are said to not come into their own until their early 40's....

Good luck with the move....
    Ah you mean it in a settling down way. Yeah I can see that, I dant to do the whole young proffessional thing till atleast my thirties and have loads of different jobs.. Too be fair the whole Kid to teen thing only happened last year or to for me. Before I was still just a very mature 13/14 year old rather than a normal 15/16 year old if you get the difference.

I was just suprised because I've always been quite mature. My mates convinced there mums to let them go to Zante on holiday by saying I was going which worked because I was considered mature.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Ah you mean it in a settling down way. Yeah I can see that. Too be fair the whole Kid to teen thing only happened last year or to for me. Before I was still just a very mature 13/14 year old rather than a normal 15/16 year old if you get the difference.

I was just suprised because I've always been quite mature. My mates convinced there mums to let them go to Zante on holiday by saying I was going which worked because I was considered mature.
    That's not what she meant, you'll get it in a few years.
    She's talking about maturity to adulthood, not purely intellectual maturity.
    It's when one acquires a hum, center of gravity I guess.

edit: didn't read your first line, or maybe u've changed it i don't know. nevermind most of my post, or see it as an alternative answer to what you said, orso.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes - Eck is right, I meant maturing into full blown adulhood. Right now you are moving toward young adulhood. But after that you move into mature adulthood, marry, have kids, have a stable job, be a real grown up....

Difficult for P types...

Eck I'm with you time you spend before you settle is a treasure....

I'm totally bummed, I can't for the life of me see the bit about baby/kids thinking being unstructured wich allows a wider understanding... I only read it about 10 days ago... really annoying....

Are none of you ENTP type going to add to the useless information thread (not a lot of people know that).... I'd have thought you lot would have a ton of useless info....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Eck I'm with you time you spend before you settle is a treasure....
    I personally think it's exactly that kind of attitude in people that create a lot of problems in marriage and later life later on.

I am very allergic to that sentence, cause I think if one thinks that way, he or she should never attempt marriage. Cause in the end, noone forces you in any way.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I personally think it's exactly that kind of attitude in people that create a lot of problems in marriage and later life later on.

I am very allergic to that sentence, cause I think if one thinks that way, he or she should never attempt marriage. Cause in the end, noone forces you in any way.
    The first course of a meal doesn't make the rest of the meal any less important, yet it can make the meal as a whole better. Nobody said anything about being forced into things, it was just one's own lifestyle choices as opposed to the shall we say normalized average behavior and societal inertia (past , culture, peer pressure..)

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ent

Don't worry I'll be done with that before I take the plunge...

It's actually fategue of that which will probably tip me...

I'm not prone to comparision, when I'm in a relationship I'm in it, mind body and spirit, when I'm not I'm happy as well, it's no until I'm unhappy of being single that I get into another realtionship... Trouble is I'm a pretty contented person...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You of all people know it best.

I personally dont think about life being separated in several stages, like as "this is my partieing phase" and now comes the "marriage phase". A lot of people around here where I live do tho and they all got a striking resemblance with the SP type descriptions.

I want to be known as a man of integrity and coherance in the decisions I make and if that will leave me in the end with no woman at all, cause my attitude was too rigid, at least I stuck to my principles that for example sex wont give me anything, if it isnt with a woman I love, as opposed to with a lot of woman.

I am talking so concise about it, not because of you now, but because its a problem I have witnessed some times around here where I live and it resulted in a lot of people not being able to conduct a healthy relationship later on + me having to suffer from them whining .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Cmon entrop, you should be the first to know that I just don't think a 'geniune entp' whatever it is would ever say something like 'A is different from B' out of a close ended analysis situation (1+1=2 like). I think in webs and i'm pretty sure it's the case for most of 'us' here
    I just use categories when arguing about something using widely accepted social conventions to carry a simple message. Every such category falls appart as soon as they're not efficient to carry the message with enough accuracy anymore.

You're confusing us with estj or something *acts hurt*

... In theory.