User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

*plays with little cars*

vroom, vroom... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Kaboom. Taaatuuuutaaatuuutaaatuuu! Eeeeerrrrwwwhhhhhh! mumble mumble mumble...
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I got a sticker on my car saying "Sponsored by Dad"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Honestly I never cared for mechano. Or the technic lego.

Space set lego 4tw. I loved all the special pieces, they looked so neat ^^

Could repurpose so much stuffs to be ships and things =3

Sadly the 'fantasy' stuff was total crap... all the blocks were junk like castle walls or just people in armour, there was virtually no actual STUFF to build... it was just a few large pieces that fit togeather in rather limited ways -_-;

Defeats the whole purpose of lego doesn't it?

Technics and mechano didn't meet my aesthetic preferances, though K'nex had some value, it didn't come out until after I was mostly past my need for it. Though honestly, if I had $1000, I'd probably blow it on more lego/k'nex XD

Things like cars, dolls, etc... never had much interest in such. Though I did love transformers. I didn't use them to 'play' with like fighting or anything, I just would transform them back and forth over and over hundreds of times in a row, and normally wouldn't ever look at the instructions. Those 3d wood puzzles were <3 too.

Generally just 'doing' stuff or 'making' stuff is important. To be able to show that something was made... even if noone sees it, as long as I know I created something, I'm happy =3

MBTI
    ENTP

I can't find the bit I wanted to share with you about the nature of childhood thought being about expansion, which then gets curbed....

Some other bits you might find interesting....
    Ode to a J- type
    Beware of the man who says he has twenty years of experience what what he should be saying is he has one years experience repeated twenty times....

In Ulysses James Joyce exploited the fact that we dont think in words, and even if Ulysses is so complex as to be inaccessible (a least to me), it must still be a gross simplification of the much of muddled thought constantly churning, tumbling and swirling around in our heads.
    Paradoxically education allocates more value to logic and analytics skills than to imaginative conjecture. This law is held in esteem whereas art, or design, is considered a fiddly, fussy, arty-crafty activity of minor intellectual endeavour. An attitude with attitude.... particularly perverse since analysis looks backwards while design looks forwards.

.................................................. .......

The conventional thinking we are taught (and conditioned to think) employs what Edward de Bono calls rock logic. Rocks being solid, hard, permanents, inert and unchanging. Like bricks, rocks can be added on to of one another to build structures. However there is also water logic. This is fluid and flows according to gradient (context), and assumed form according to space (circumstance). If you add one rock to another you get two; if you add water to water, it changes shape. Rocks analogous to a page of accounts and water to a piece of poetry.

The former has units that add up a conclusion, the later has images which conjure up perceptions. One isnt better than the other; its horses for courses.

All: The art of looking sideways

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

My parents definatly weren't rich. At first we were about average or just below then my mmum left to look after me and my sisters and my dad became redundant so we were really poor. Then he started a software buisness with some people and we had ups and down but overall average now better than average. So i've never been a rich kid.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ENTP's are supposidly the lest likely to be able to manage money. They are usually quite good at making it... but lousy at managing. I belive that all NT's mature slower than other types so ENTPs are likely to have some dependancy on their parents longer perhaps. I can't say I filtched but they did help out occationally - but not abnromally so.

I suspect the ENTP financial management is because they quite like to spend, and have an instant gratification issue going on.... but thats just a hypothesis.

See the thing is i'm quite good with money or I was. When i had hardely any (20 a month) I was able to save up 270 in year with about 80 from xmas/bday. And before that i saved about 150 in a year.

Mind you since gettin a decent amount of money i've got worse but still quite good.

tinkerbell why do you think NTs are slower to mature? NTs seem to me to be considered more mature in general as kids by adults.

Really? I'm 17 and I'm moving out this saturday. Almost did last year as well but then went back for my last year of school.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Granted I only know two ENTPs IRL. But I think they are the most independent creatures I've ever known, especially when it comes to separating themselves from their parents and their supposedly fortune. Although, both of them are absolutely terrible with holding on to their money, they have never asked for money from their parents. (However, they don't pay their rent either..) Both of them work in the gaming industry. Come to think of it, one of them did ask his dad to go halfsis on his vasectomy last Christmas.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Both of them work in the gaming industry.
    It's a subculture.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Well to continue on the 'money and entp' theme. I do have a gift to find money when i need it while not ever having a 'real' side job.
    I'd always manage to either 'make money' through various means (short term investments basically) or get those over paid ponctual jobs where people liking me seems to be be a suspicious constant and explanation as for why I get the job to begin with.

And last but not least, I can pretty much smoothly make people buy me stuff, I'm not 'proud' of it or anything, i'm not trying to use, but well it's just part of who I am. Denying it would be like having pretty girls wear ugly masks because of some weak egalitarian self endoctrination
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

CJ99, when I say NT's don't mature quick, I mean a bit later than the teen to young adult thing, I mean the full blown adult. I left home at 17... for nursing school, thats not what I mean.

Other types (perhaps it's the S types), take on life's responciblities of adulthood faster (marraige, responcible jobs etc). A lot fot the NT's I know/read about don't really grow into their brains until later.... they change jobs a lot because they get board and then settle once they get a real challenge that absorbes them. I'm not able to cite a source for the late maturity, maybe it is in some of the profiles I've read or Keirsey... might be either, but it is certainly what I ahve witnessed. ENTP's are said to not come into their own until their early 40's....

Good luck with the move....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    And last but not least, I can pretty much smoothly make people buy me stuff, I'm not 'proud' of it or anything, i'm not trying to use, but well it's just part of who I am. Denying it would be like having pretty girls wear ugly masks because of some weak egalitarian self endoctrination
    Eck - don't knock yourself, being able to sell your wares is a good thing. Nothing imporper about selling stuff you do - its simply commerce.

ENTPs are suppose to be good at making money, because they are multi talented I guess they can do a lot of things therefore have options open to them. I wonder if that is more of a problem than a gift... never being able to have a main front facing ambition.