• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: Where is your sense of peace?

sculpting

One of my favorite entps emailed me on Friday. He is one who peeks in my door and talks with me now and then and we exchange ideas. He is like a little shy fox. He peeks in, plucks information from my brain about entps, then disappears again. It makes him uneasy that someone might understand how he thinks, but he very much wants to understand himself, so he takes the risk, even though it seems to scare him? who knows though...

or maybe it is my BO.

Anyways he asked me on Friday "Where is my sense of peace?"

I don't know. I know nothing about what occurs in an ENTPs brain. I dont even understand what this :sense of peace" really means for an ENTP.

I will just cut and paste your responses into an email and send it to him.

Where is his sense of peace?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
peace..ah yes...

I remember..

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't understand what that means? Senses imply external things that are some how processed and interpreted internally. Does he mean what external things can he interpret as being peaceful? How does he process peaceful feelings?

In any case, it seems like he's possibly mocking you. I know if I had someone claiming to know everything about me solely based on my MBTI type, I'd definitely be asking completely vague questions like this.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't understand what that means? Senses imply external things that are some how processed and interpreted internally. Does he mean what external things can he interpret as being peaceful? How does he process peaceful feelings?

In any case, it seems like he's possibly mocking you. I know if I had someone claiming to know everything about me solely based on my MBTI type, I'd definitely be asking completely vague questions like this.

You will one day

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am waiting for the guy to explain, what entps can take from this world according to their perception and to not get a sense of discord from the rest of the individual world :D

G

garbage

It's in the ability to let go of your own ego, fully accepting that any aspect of your life or your various mental models could possibly be horribly wrong.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It's in the ability to let go of your own ego, fully accepting that any aspect of your life or your various mental models could possibly be horribly wrong.

What helps this process along is to see a lot of things go wrong. Fly toward the sun, entps!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And this even isnt icarus style, it's just seeing a lot more in it but being unable to express it

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I visit one of the UK's top 10 places for restful tranquility, a town in North Devon, which I consider secrete escapist behaviour.... It has about 3 rivers and the sea and you can hear the sound of running water all the time. There is a great forstest for long walks...

I'm not a big nature lover type but I do find this increadibly peaceful.

If I need to kick back at home I take a walk along the river thames.

I also get peace from restful music....

I also feel at peace with my siblings...

Once in a while I take myself off and sit on a deserted beach in Thailand - which is ausome.... I guess sea/water plays a big part in my idea of peace

But in normal day to day life, there isn't much peace...

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My sense of peace comes when the first and second fingers from my hand are raised and parted.

;)

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The wording's actually more significant here than some people may understand.

"Where is your sense of peace" is very intentional phrazing, or at least, very specific even if it may not've been intended.

I had a SO once who insisted that they had "found their balance", in the sense of knowing their place in the world, or at least being emotionally stable no matter whot goes on around them. Chances are, given the wording, this's a very similar concept.

That being said, "whot do yeu do to escape stress" is not going to be answer, nor is it going to be anything along those lines.

It's far more likely to be whot yeu personally feel in terms of yeur place in relation to everyone else. If yeu did something, for example, a horrible atrocity... murdered thousands of people or something... chances are yeu would still be 'at peace', because yeu'd have justified it to yeurself as neccesary... it's a concept of being alright with yeur own personal morals and obligations without being weighed down by those of the world around yeu. This can often be a very good thing, and in the example provided, it can show how dangerous it can be as well.

I, personally, have never attained this sense of personal peace, internal to myself and unrelated to the world around me. Due to how my mind works, I may never be able to. I'm not sure if it's something common to all ENTP's or not, but I put entirely too much emphasis on the opinions of those around me, occasionally even people I don't know, despite the fact that I know I don't care about their opinions, which means I can consciously change my behaviour, but it'll bother me to do so.

He might just be trying to understand how it's possible for yeu to maintain yeur own morals and beliefs without the pressure felt of everything else around yeu as well. For many people it's a foreign concept to try to understand how one can be 'at peace with themselves' even when everything is falling apart around them.

I'm not really at peace with myself yet, I probably never will be, but that's my best guess as to whot he means.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Insightful answer, Katsuni.

It is my aim to please! I hear the peasants cry DANCE! Dance our monkey!

I hear, and hearing I obey; I dance the nothing dance, feet in the air, knives in the ground. And so, suspending their disbelief, they are entertained by the things they do not understand.

*Juggles a baby seal and some baseball bats*

Now may be a bad time to mention I can't juggle ^.~

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Only time I feel peace is when I have music, food for though and a room to pace/dance. I just think and daydream and feel totally content exploring my imagination and he possibilities. I can do it for hours when in the mood as long as no one disturbes me. Or at least doesn't annoy me and hang round too long.

Thats my preshow ritual for drama stuff. Great when your hyper on red bull and have guitary stuff. Air guitar then pace then air guitar then pace.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know that I will ever feel peace as a long lasting state, the only time I can pinpoint that was absolutely peaceful was the first few days after having my daughter. It was magic and when I think about it, it brings me temporary thoughts of peace, like remembering all was well with the world.

The more I think about feeling at peace with something, it is with one thing and then I move on. Then I'm not at peace cause I'm too busy wrestling with the new thing to realize I'm at peace with that old thing. If that makes sense :huh:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I guess I don't understand the question, but I feel the greatest sense of peace in really old libraries filled with ancient goodies. And also when I am outside, surrounded by people and blinking things but I'm walking stealthily around, undetected, with my personal soundtrack blasting away. Good music can take me somewhere else.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right around the 6th fret on the G-string of an electric guitar...and bending that C# into a D.

Any guitarist will know what I mean; the G-string is juuust the right thickness and the tension around the 6th fret is juuust enough that bending that particular string on that particular fret just feels SO good.

Also...nailing a vocal melody/harmony with someone else in parallel thirds. That's beauty beyond words.

:wubbie:

Okay that was a really personal response. In broader terms, I believe peace for ENTPs comes whenever we have total creative freedom and sheer, unrestrained ability to explore whatever we find interesting at whatever time we want, in an infinitely negotiable and reinventable world where everything is ours for the changing and every curious whim can be explored in exactly as much depth as we want to explore it, and where schedules and deadlines are absolutely unheard of.

Mmmm I think just creamed my pants. Back in a few.