• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Naughty.....

Naughty School child?

• ENTJ - Good School Child

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • ENTP - Good School Child

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • INTJ - Good School Child

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • INTP - Good School Child

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • ENTJ - Naughty School Child

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • ENTP - Naughty School Child

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • INTJ - Naughty School Child

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • INTP - Naughty School Child

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Not taking part but want to see the results

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
On a thread yesterday I clocked a post by somene who said they were naughty at school.

And I wondered if the whole JP divide had different tendancies at school than they do in real life.....

Were you a naughty school girl/boy? :D

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Define... naughty?

Did I do as I was told on assignments? Not really, I ran off the deep end with alot of them, the ones I wasn't interested in, I generally took literally and abused the rules to that end.

If there was a teacher who was in "zomg I r a god worship me mortals!' mode, I did all I could to tear them down in front of everyone to kill their pathetic ego problem.

Yet I did my work, I didn't do pranks, and didn't pick or fight with people (well I fought alot when younger but I got better >.> ).

So really, define it a bit more XD

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
can't really define naughty - you know your school's rules and the expectations - did you complay more or less.

I was good, I had lots of siblings as school so less of a choice... thats not to say I ever did any homework until 10 mins before the class... I was no model student at secondary school... much better at Uni

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
can't really define naughty - you know your school's rules and the expectations - did you complay more or less.

By that definition, no I was not good in any way. But you'd get a different (incorrect) answer if you asked the people who assumed they knew. :)

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Imma has to pick naughty I guess by the vague definition given =3

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Blah

" But you'd get a different (incorrect) answer if you asked the people who assumed they knew"

Not sure what you mean?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Blah

" But you'd get a different (incorrect) answer if you asked the people who assumed they knew"

Not sure what you mean?

Put your mind in the gutter and then take another look at your thread.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Put your mind in the gutter and then take another look at your thread.

He's stating people make think yeu're asking if they were "naughty", as in sexual in some way shape or form =3

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I was a good student in terms of grades but I also made a lot of noise...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yeah, I was naughty. By all definitions. Didn't do my homework, disturbed quite a lot of lessons, openly question everything the school told me to do, didn't show up at all a lot of lessons.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I was naughty. By all definitions. Didn't do my homework, disturbed quite a lot of lessons, openly question everything the school told me to do, didn't show up at all a lot of lessons.

+1, these were the biggest reasons.

I've probably spent more time in detention than in any other one particular class. So naughty. Especially my last year in high school.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
+1, these were the biggest reasons.

I've probably spent more time in detention than in any other one particular class. So naughty. Especially my last year in high school.

Yeah, me too. Funnily enough, the guy who did the detention classes (he wasn't a teacher) was one of few school employees I truly respected.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Kat I'm very glad to see you napping, I was a little worried.

Entrpie - I thought you might be good,

I thought I was the only good child.... in fairness I'd have been killed by my siblings, besides it was rare I got caught... I didn't attend an awful lot of school n 5th and 6th year. :D and yes I still consider myself well behaved.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's hard to tell: my mannerisms were always well behaved, I never got censures, always did my homework and never missed school in all 13 years here.

But my humor was naughty :D

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
In my view of my past school life, I remember myself doing what I imagine any rational person would do.

As far as "rules" would go:

In school I noticed three types of rules. The first types of these rules I shall refer to as "arbitrary rules." These rules, if they were malign in any fashion, were generally not worth time it would take to construct an argument against them, nor were they worth the possible strain on the relationship between me and the rulemaker.

The second type of these rules were the "good rules." While generally few in number, these were rules that made life easier. By of the theoretical existence of this type of rule the creation of rules was justified. While I may not agree with this justification, this is where the heart of rulemaking lies. I could respect a rulemaker who stuck to this kind of rule most of the time and let the natural order remain as it was the rest of the time.

Standing as the opposite pole from the second type, the third type of rules is "bad rules." While generally created with a valid reason behind them, these rules were poorly executed. (It would usually be this execution, not the reason behind it, that would be the subject of my criticisms.) These were the rules I vocally spoke out against. When these rules were made, I would be one of the first to propose for a return to the status quo ante. To combat these rules, my weapons of choice were writing about the logical flaws of the rule and, on occasion, not abiding by the rule outright.

From the existence of these three types of rules, we can deduce three types of teachers based on what kind of rule they tended to make and/or enforce.

Teachers that largely created and/or enforced arbitrary rules were merely just another arbitrary face in the arbitrary sea; they could generally be tolerated and this was the best course of action. They have come and gone and their names will eventually be forgotten, at least by my memory.

Representing the shiny pinnacle of "doing their job right," the teachers that dominantly made and/or enforced good rules. These were teachers I could respect, and I would generally be forgiving of their "mistakes," barring any form of extreme infraction.

The last and most dreadful type, therefore, is the type that would usually create and/or enforce BAD rules. Throughout highschool, my simplest "solution" to these teachers was to transfer out of their class before the start of a new semester. The inherent problem in dealing with these teachers is that they are usually convinced that they are enforcing GOOD rules. (as bad rules usually have a valid reason behind them) Consequently, to challenge their rules would usually be interpreted as a challenge to their ethics, which would usually be minimally tolerated by the teacher, if at all. If I was ever naughty, it would have been in the classes of these teachers. My response to these teachers was most similar to my response to the type of rule they enforced: picking at the flaws of their system. Unless things deteriorated drastically, I preferred to not go over the teacher's head. The situation always allowed for discussion and debate, even if the teacher would not hear it. (in which case I WOULD go over their head) Usually, some form of compromise could be reached, albeit after much effort.

Remarkably, I never received a detention. If anything, I was careful and calculating in my actions. Qualify my post as you may. I prefer to view myself as the critical child, rather than the naught or good child.